Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls asking boys out? Watch

• View Poll Results: How should it work?
    Boys *mostly should* ask girls out
    43.85%
    Girls *mostly should* ask boys out
    14.62%
    It should be evenly split
    41.54%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antimatter)
    This exactly!
    (i think my "old-fashioned view" is most likely just a cover-up for my shyness :p:)
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by xps.systems)
    I think it should be the female person's responsibility to ask the male out.

I would be very badly affectexd if I attempted to ask a female person out and they said no and also I would be traumatized for life were I to propse a marriage to a female person and they said no.

So in conclusion given that we live in a progressive Western society it should normally the female person who asks out the male.

That is all.

squish.
    So gender equality, to you, means you personally not having to do things that are difficult?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    I think boys should ask girls out.
    /old-fashioned view.

That and i'd be too chicken to ever ask a guy out!
    thiss !

ReputationRep:
    I once asked a guy out, it's not really a big deal. Although I would prefer if guys did it...

ReputationRep:
    It's up to the parties involved.
    I once did, and it worked for me :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (i think my "old-fashioned view" is most likely just a cover-up for my shyness :p:)
    I don't know, I told a guy I liked him yesterday. Still wondering if it was the best of ideas

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, I told a guy I liked him yesterday. Still wondering if it was the best of ideas
    Ahh there's telling someone you like them and asking them out! Maybe now he'll take the hint :p: good luck

I was lucky my boyfriend wasn't as shy as me :o:

ReputationRep:
    i asked, rejected every time

once i grew up, i stopped wasting my time haha

ReputationRep:
    I'd prefer it straight to my face, rather than dropping 'hints' which I've seemed to have missed all my life/never got any hints! Come on girls, we're just as afraid of rejection!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesair99)
    Some people think it's outrageous that girls should have to ask boys out. Yet others believe boys and girls are equal in terms of who asks who out. What do you think?
    I think that you should use the search function and look at the other ten thousand threads that are asking EXACTLY the same as this?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh there's telling someone you like them and asking them out! Maybe now he'll take the hint :p: good luck

I was lucky my boyfriend wasn't as shy as me :o:
    I don't know, he apparently likes me, but it's complicated. Oh wells, I'll keep you posted

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, he apparently likes me, but it's complicated. Oh wells, I'll keep you posted

I really, really hate that.
    But at least you're not all like ':iiam:' anymore :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Equality ftw :cool: Men can be shy too, we're allowed :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I clicked even split but really girls shouldnt ask guys out. One thing they should do i give much more obvious hints no of thet subtle rubbish. If we feel the same way we will then ask you out.

ReputationRep:
    I would fully welcome being asked out by a girl.

Hints are a hard system. Hints can be misread, lead to all sorts of trouble. They're also a ******* stupid way of trying to get what you want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lrkn)
    I would fully welcome being asked out by a girl.

Hints are a hard system. Hints can be misread, lead to all sorts of trouble. They're also a ******* stupid way of trying to get what you want.
    I say hints but i really mean girls should approach us maybe not ask us out.

ReputationRep:
    I think boys should ask girls out.
    /old-fashioned view.

That and i'd be too chicken to ever ask a guy out!
    why should you be afraid, im a guy and trust me if you ask one out they will say yes, you might think no cuz they wanna just get to know first, but after you do theyll go telling all theyre friends how theyre gonna get laid next week, unless you want a seroius relationtionship then pick carefully. sam goes for the thread starter

ReputationRep:
    Other thread has people saying shy guys are unattractive + weird and this thread is full of females saying they'd be too shy to ask a guy out. lol.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 28, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.