Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Textbooks you used to get a grade A in EDEXCEL MATHS or OCR BIOLOGY (AS level) watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was wondering whether people who have had their January results back (and have gotten a grade A) or are predicted A grades if your exams have only been sat may/june in the NEW specification (from 2008) in the following subjects:
    OCR - BIOLOGY
    EDEXCEL - MATHS

(ONLY THESE SUBJECTS WITH THESE EXAM BOARDS).

Could please give a COMPLETE list of ALL the textbooks you used get an A grade? (i.e. you got/predicted a grade A using purelythese textbooks - so, basically I want a list of all the books I can use to get a definite A if I learn well from the books without the need of school notes much since my teachers will probably not be very good)

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princestia)
    Hi, I was wondering whether people who have had their January results back (and have gotten a grade A) or are predicted A grades if your exams have only been sat may/june in the NEW specification (from 2008) in the following subjects:
    OCR - BIOLOGY
    EDEXCEL - MATHS

(ONLY THESE SUBJECTS WITH THESE EXAM BOARDS).

Could please give a COMPLETE list of ALL the textbooks you used get an A grade? (i.e. you got/predicted a grade A using purelythese textbooks - so, basically I want a list of all the books I can use to get a definite A if I learn well from the books without the need of school notes much since my teachers will probably not be very good)

Thank you
    Wow you make a lot of threads like these don't you? I don't mean to be rude but if you take notes in class, listen and revise you will do well. Practice papers too, but please stop making the same thread like a gazillion times...

ReputationRep:
    Heinemann books for Edexcel Maths. Do every excersize in them and you'll probably get an A.

http://www.media-pricer.co.uk/books/...-Pledger-et-al

Heinemann books for OCR Biology.

http://www.shop-com.co.uk/OCR_Biolog...l?sourceid=309

Almost everyone used these books. Endorsed by the exam board. I used these, and got A's in Jan.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you v1oXx- I'll positive rep you
    xx

Anymore book suggestions for grade A in the mentioned subject and exam board will be very appreciated
    x

ReputationRep:
    This:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mathematics-...770877-3693128

And all books in the series for the modules you're doing. Do every exercise and plenty of papers. After that try attempting some Solomon papers, that will usually tell you if you're on track for your A.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    The book the person above me recommened is the same as the one I sent you, but the one I gave you a link for is the newer version.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much, Riquelminho

Thanks again v1oXx- also for the tip
    x

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.