Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'm thinking for going on to do Law at Uni (hopefully Edinburgh) and was wondering what I needed/should pick up in sixth Year.

This Year in my HIghers I got -

A - Maths
    A - Psychology
    A - Graphics
    B - English
    B - Physics
    B - Art & Design.

For sixth year I was originally going to do Advanced Graphics & English, RMPS and Modern Studies but now after getting better than expected results I really could be doing with some advice before I actually contact any universities.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    If I were you, I'd contact a few unis you'd be happy going to on Monday morning. Tell them what you got this year and ask what they would advise you take in your sixth year. That way you can be sure.

ReputationRep:
    I would think you should do a social science if possible. I did AH history, higher maths and crash geog last year and got offers from Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Stirling for Law. Edinburgh really put quite a bit of weight on the PS though, so I would concentrate on that.

ReputationRep:
    Whats PS?

ReputationRep:
    Personal Statement
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    personal statement
    damn, beaten to it!

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I'm surprised I never knew that.
    So Should I stick with what I have the now. Although I'm adding Int 2 Spanish so do you think I should kick RMPS?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    for law i would say graphics is the least relevant. why are you adding int 2 spanish?

ReputationRep:
    I'm adding Int 2 Spanish because Edinburgh (Which is where I really want to go) Requires a modern language. I agree Graphics is of least relevance but wont it be better to have two Advanced Higher?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    ahhh, i assumed everything after advanced was AH. but the RMPS and mods are higher, i'm guessing? yeah, dropping RMPS would probably be the best bet. or mods, whichever you prefer (people generally associate mods as being better twinned with law, but i think the moral aspect of rmps is quite law-related).
    just out of interest, why don't you have a language, as i thought a modern language was compulsory of to SG/int 1/2?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.