Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

URGENT, HELP PLEASE? booked a train for tomorrow. student card run out. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrrye)
    Not sure what kind of railcard ppl are talking about but my student railcard has only one part, my picture name and expiry date all on one card.
    I have one of those from the NatWest Bank, however I believe a 'standard' YPR is two parts - a photocard, and the railcard itself (which is the bit with the expiry date on, which you renew - just an aptis card).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandettielightvessel)
    I have one of those from the NatWest Bank, however I believe a 'standard' YPR is two parts - a photocard, and the railcard itself (which is the bit with the expiry date on, which you renew - just an aptis card).
    If you apply online for a card at www.railcards-online2.co.uk/YoungPersons.do (not with NatWest), you also get a one-part card.

ReputationRep:
    Presumably then anything which is sent out by post will be a plastic one-part item, with ones issued at ticket offices necessarily being printed on APTIS card.

ReputationRep:
    I bought a return ticket with the Railcard discount when my 16-25 Railcard was a week or so out of date, I just kept the Railcard in its wallet and only showed the ticket. None of the ticket-checkers asked for my Railcard, and didn't even notice that I was returning the next day on a day return...So it is blaggable, but I really wouldn't advise it. I was bricking it the whole journey - I didn't have enough cash to pay the fine, so I'd have to tell my parents...who thought I was at a friend's house when I was actually at my boyfriend's, an extra hour away :o:

ReputationRep:
    Last year when my railcard came up for renewal I was sent the new one, which I put behind the old one with the intention of changing them around when the old one ran out. The card expired in July, and it was January before a gripper pointed it out...

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.