Turn on thread page Beta

How to deal with being ugly? watch

ReputationRep:
    Very few of those people who might be dismissed as 'ugly' are actually grotesque aberrations of nature, and indeed it's far more likely that you're either an 'acquired taste' or simply failing to realise your potential. Heck, I'm conventionally 'ugly' – ginger, pale, slightly built – but have been chatted-up by some surprisingly attractive women, including my current girlfriend of one-and-a-half years.

Dress well, be funny, be audacious, be mysterious, lose weight, gain weight, join a gym, change your hair, change your job, change your scenery: chances are you'll eventually stumble into someone who finds you desirable. And failing that, there's always OkCupid.

ReputationRep:
    You gotta live with the hand you're dealt with!

ReputationRep:
    Get over it and get an amazing personality to compensate !

ReputationRep:
    Some serious thread necrophillia here, this one's been dead for a year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wootwootwoot)
    I don't like how I look, but I just don't think about it, remove all mirrors from your house and you'll be fine
    This.

Out of sight, out of mind.

Well I made friends with someone who I found unattractive, but now I've fallen in love with him. Other boys who are all probably conventionally physically more attractive have asked me out on dates in the mean time but im really not interested in anyone but him. He dosent even like me in that way and I think he even finds me annoying now... NOW Im on tsr searching for unrequited... Basically my point is, that it's personality which is most important. As long as your appearance is acceptable theres no problem at all- by that i mean nice hair cut, good personal hygene, what other people have said.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 31, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.