Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by Bagration)
    Half of Alison and Stephen’s £30,000 joint income

W.T.F.

******* parvenus.
    LOL! Yeah, them lower richers should stay where they belong!

It seems really silly. They can't earn much and to waste it on this .. rubbish :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Someone take the other daughter away before they ruin her too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Nonsense)
    What i don't understand though is why the parents would want an article about their daughter like this.... it's not a great honour to be the most spoiled kid in the UK. Or is it for the parents, to show off that they earn a lot? I'll never understand this mentality...
    They seem pretty proud of their parenting so...just points to one thing: utter delusion.

ReputationRep:
    A limo ride around Glasgow... would possibly turn me suicidal.

ReputationRep:
    That is just disturbing. Somebody please stick the lot of them in a sanitarium. Like, now!! Holy ****...

ReputationRep:
    ‘But that’s why Brogan is seen as the coolest girl in school and at parents’ evenings teachers are always telling us that she is the ringleader in any group. All the girls look up to her.’
    I think this justifies the expenses.

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut: The parents need sorting out first, never mind the kid! The mother is clearly deluded.

I mean, what kind of a mum would start colouring her child's hair when she was only 3 years old?? :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    The mum started dying her hair when she was three!

ReputationRep:
    That mum is an awful *****. That father is a spineless coward.

Parental fail at its absolute highest level. That child is going to fail at life so hard it probably wont even be funny. (I'll still laugh though)

ReputationRep:
    Ehhh, I'm more spoilt than her, I guess they make a big deal regarding the age !

ReputationRep:
    silly ****

ReputationRep:
    The thing that bothered me most is how little they spend on their other daughter in comparison. She'll probably grow up resenting her sister and parents, poor thing.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if I'm disgusted or jealous. To be fair to her though, I never wanted a paper round either.

ReputationRep:
    The total amount her parents have lavished on her over the past 11 years is in excess of £150,000 - enough to put towards a much bigger home than the three-bedroom flat in Glasgow where Alison, 28, a part-time pharmacy dispenser and hairdresser lives with Brogan’s father Stephen, 28, a supervisor at a plumbers’ merchants, and their younger daughter, Carys, aged five.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...#ixzz0NYIXrwIj
    Man they should have got a house instead!
    And the fact they don't even spoil the other one is wrong
    oh and did anyone notice that they had her when both parents were 17?! Even more crazy i swear!
    That girl is going to suffer when shes older for sure!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .ACS.)
    Brogan's parents have spent £150,000+ on her despite having no more than a combined household income of £30,000 per year... how on earth does that work out?! :eek:
    Okay. They spend 15k per year on her. That's 150k in 10 years. Not that impossible.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else think shes gonna be a ****?

ReputationRep:
    Whilst plainly the Daily Mail has grossly exaggerated this story, it's obvious that she is, nonetheless, spoilt beyond belief. It's actually child abuse when it gets to the stage that an 11 year old is demanding a boob job. I mean, is she even supposed to have STARTED to develop breasts at that age? It's sick.

ReputationRep:
    She's lucky. I wouldn't want to be her though. Even though I get about a fiver a week I'm still grateful. She's just spoilt disgustingly , that's an atrocity actually !.

What kind of parents do that , please tell me ?

ReputationRep:
    How can you have a joint income of £30K and decide to spoil your child that much? My gosh they need to get their priorities straight. Invest in your children's future but not like this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maximum Velocity)
    She's lucky. I wouldn't want to be her though. Even though I get about a fiver a week I'm still grateful. She's just spoilt disgustingly , that's an atrocity actually !.

What kind of parents do that , please tell me ?
    Parents who love their child!

I think its pretty fair, if theyve got the money, whats the problem. Don't be jealous guys!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.