Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am almost speechless after reading that article!. I think its disgusting personally. I also feel sorry for the other child and think she will get very resentful that their parents spend so much on her older sister. To be frank ( and this is speaking as a parent myself) the girls parents fail on so many levels.....they only earn 30k a year, I"d like to know how the heck they afford all this stuff!!. Oh and did anyone else notice that Brogan ( such a crap name BTW) has her own credit card.......awful. Initially I thought that they lived in a big posh house somewhere in the Home Counties, but then when I read "A three bedroom flat in Glasgow" I thought blimey they could have brought a house with all the cash they have splashed out in the past 11 years. Oh and something else......I bet that this girl has a terrible attitude too.....well she has tantrums if she doesnt get what she wants according to her mother!!.

I wonder what the future holds for this girl????

ReputationRep:
    i reckon shes going to grow up and be an absoluetly vile person- shallow and a gold digger

and in that it will be the parents fault

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    thats actually disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Nonsense)
    What i don't understand though is why the parents would want an article about their daughter like this.... it's not a great honour to be the most spoiled kid in the UK. Or is it for the parents, to show off that they earn a lot? I'll never understand this mentality...
    That's just the thing, they don't. It's the old chestnut "Buying you a **** load of crap, means I love you."

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .ACS.)
    Brogan's parents have spent £150,000+ on her despite having no more than a combined household income of £30,000 per year... how on earth does that work out?! :eek:
    Approximately 15000 a year for 11 years

ReputationRep:
    has anyone else been watching how the other half live?
    it reminds me of the 9yr old girl on there who said: "i had to ask daddy what poverty means" and "kids from public schools do all the common jobs like shopkeepers, kids from private schools become surgeons"

ReputationRep:
    If they were to spend their money on anything for her it should have been on something like her education or at least a trust fund for when she's 18!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theemmacard)
    I find this disturbing, above everything else I can't believe she wants a boob job.:banghead:
    What has the world come to.
    When I was 11, all I thought about was running about in the rain and climbing trees never mind having surgery.

I'm disgusted.
    why? because you were a simpleton?

ReputationRep:
    Unbelievable.

How is this girl going to cope with real life when she grows up and doesn't make it as a glamour model, and her parents can't afford to keep up with her spending?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oh_adele)
    That's just the thing, they don't. It's the old chestnut "Buying you a **** load of crap, means I love you."
    something I'll just never understand....

How will she ever cope in the real world?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Nonsense)
    something I'll just never understand....

How will she ever cope in the real world?
    She won't.
    She's the product of 2 people's warped sense of reality. I actually pity her.

ReputationRep:
    Is it wrong I wanna find the brat and rape her up the ass screaming "This is how Paris Hilton does it"

I just find that thought appealing.

But seriously, I pity what is to become of her.

ReputationRep:
    She's not 11 - I refuse to believe it!

ReputationRep:
    That is really strange.

The parents are so proud! But what is there to be proud of?

ReputationRep:
    God, I don't need that much, but I'd sure be flipping out if my parents gave me £15000 out of the blue. To be frank, it wouldn't exactly be a large chunk of money to them.

i7 quad core processor and a 1028mb graphics card :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I want to slap her. And the parents. All this girl will have to remember her childhood, is, well, nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtGoblin)
    If my parents had named me Brogan, I'd expect £150K compensation too.
    :rofl:

"But that’s why Brogan is seen as the coolest girl in school and at parents’ evenings teachers are always telling us that she is the ringleader in any group. All the girls look up to her."

"She still plays with Barbies and plays make-believe games with her little sister. Her favourite game is playing with her baby dolls."

Not anymore

Also, sad thing is she probably will amke it in the real world. She'll get her parents to pay for all the surgery she wants and then become a model, and marry a rich footballer.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my word. I was gobsmacked when I read that! Her younger sister is the one I feel sorry for - can you imagine it, watching your older sister get all the attention and gifts lavished on her, whilst you're left out as a matter of course? 'Oh, she isn't into designer clothes' is just an excuse; I wasn't into designer clothes too, (and never have been), but I sure as hell would have been VERY upset if I'd seen another sibling being so blatantly favoured. I would have been hurt to the core, and wondered what was so obviously wrong with me.
    If I had been in this girl's class at primary school I would have hated and despised her, and certainly wouldn't have looked on her as a 'leader', not in a million years. Mainly because she has absolutely nothing in common with what I was like at primary school - I couldn't stand things like Polly Pocket, barbie dolls and My Little Pony, and hated even more the way that some girls seemed to be obsessed with pop music, celebrities and makeup when they were still only 10 or 11. I liked reading, drawing, playing football, climbing trees, British Bulldog, conkers and wallball. As for wanting a boob job, well, that thought was beyond me at that age! If she acts as spoilt at school as it sounds like she does at home, that would have been another black mark against her.
    Mind you, if she'd been relatively nice, and funny (despite everything else), then I wouldn't have hated her - I'd just have felt a bit sorry for her.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.