Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    this is awful! £30000 income?! my parents earn more than that and just about get by

ReputationRep:
    Good god. Kids these eyes.

ReputationRep:
    Those pictures are disturbing. I don't want to see an eleven year old pouting at the camera in hotpants.
    A credit card to show her the value of money? Who the hell gives an 11 year old a credit card?! Idiots...

ReputationRep:
    Wtf

ReputationRep:
    I feel sorry for her, to be honest, but even more sorry for her younger sister! Like FormerlyHistoryStudent said, I bet 'oh she doesn't like designer clothes' is just an excuse. So she's not into designer clothes - good for her, but there must be other things she IS interested in, and seeing her sister being favoured so massively must hurt her a lot. Mind you, if it means she doesn't end up as spoilt, then maybe it's worth it. I wonder how both of them will turn out.

ReputationRep:
    Personally im more worried that a giirl of 11 looks like a girl of 14. She is going to end up with screwed up ideas of whats expected of her at her age. 11 year olds need to be climbing trees and dancing to pop music not posing in her knickers for a newspaper.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Ahhh, much as I dislike the Mail's politics, for this sort of exasperated article it is a good read. What a car crash of a girl. Her mother has ruined her life, I hope she's happy (I think she is, which is the scary thing).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .ACS.)
    Brogan's parents have spent £150,000+ on her despite having no more than a combined household income of £30,000 per year... how on earth does that work out?! :eek:
    Well;

Half of Alison and Stephen’s £30,000 joint income goes on Brogan
    11th birthday
    Apparently.

ReputationRep:
    one word >>>*****!

ReputationRep:
    I hope that when she starts secondary school, she gets brought down a peg or two.

What a brat.

Oy vey, I don't know what to think.

ReputationRep:
    Briefly looking over those photos disgusted me. I don't like little children pouting with a credit card. That girl's rich tooth will drop out - then again, she can afford new teeth anyway. Spoit brat. 11 year old girls shouldn't think about breast implants...those parents corrupted her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    I am almost speechless after reading that article!. I think its disgusting personally. I also feel sorry for the other child and think she will get very resentful that their parents spend so much on her older sister. To be frank ( and this is speaking as a parent myself) the girls parents fail on so many levels.....they only earn 30k a year, I"d like to know how the heck they afford all this stuff!!. Oh and did anyone else notice that Brogan ( such a crap name BTW) has her own credit card.......awful. Initially I thought that they lived in a big posh house somewhere in the Home Counties, but then when I read "A three bedroom flat in Glasgow" I thought blimey they could have brought a house with all the cash they have splashed out in the past 11 years. Oh and something else......I bet that this girl has a terrible attitude too.....well she has tantrums if she doesnt get what she wants according to her mother!!.

I wonder what the future holds for this girl????
    She is in Glasgow. It'll be heroin and street corners.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my. Fail, on so many levels.

Her parents are right *****! They bought designer stuff for her when she was born - therefore it's their fault! It's not the girl who asks for this treatment!

ReputationRep:
    This is why we should ban trash female magazines, they are poison.

ReputationRep:
    The foolish parents are jeopardising this girl's future. They are telling her all that matters is having a load of stuff and looking good and nothing else like looking after your money or having a realsitic view of the future. They've defined her and she has defined herself merely with the ability to over consume.

I know a few people that got really screwed up by their parents being idiots and this poor girl looks like she will be one of them.

ReputationRep:
    hahaha
    more importantly
    brogan
    what a ******* stupid name.

ReputationRep:
    How on earth can the parents justify spending much of their income on all that crap?! They don't even earn that much! The parents are at fault completely, its the younger sister I feel for.

ReputationRep:
    'I'd love her to become famous' hahaha, what idiotic parents.
    When I was 11 I was cleaning the house for my pocket money, doing sport and wanted to go to Oxford...the fact that at 11 her desired career is just getting her tits out is really rather sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtGoblin)
    If my parents had named me Brogan, I'd expect £150K compensation too.
    Agreed.

But on a serious note, it's not Brogans fault...her parents have indulged her since day one, so it's the life she's accustomed to. The parents have serious problems.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.