Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Oh my..... 0_0
    my sister is 11.......... if i ever saw her looking like that...whooo boy XD
    that is disgusting and frankly very disturbing

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...otos-Bebo.html

Could it be Brogan?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purple Rain)
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...d-Britain.html

This actually made me cringe. An 11 year old wanting a boob job...and the mother just seems deluded! I love the journalist's sarcastic comments though :p:

And yes, I know it's the Daily Mail, I like reading their articles, okay?!

Edit: Could it be Brogan?!
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...otos-Bebo.html
    Def.

I can't help but think future **** :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I seriously can't believe my little sister is less than a year younger than her...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenangel)
    http://www.channel4.com/programmes/h...ve/4od#2931059 seems their alot of spoilt kids in Britain
    Oh my god, I'm watching this now! The part with the bailiffs sad times. The poorer family are actually better spoken than the rich one, which is odd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A is for Awesome)
    Is the Daily Mail actually just going round finding people they disapprove of to stick in their paper so all it's smug, ******** readers can then read about said people and say smug, ******** things about them?

I thought conservatives believed that people can do whatever they want with their money. Isn't that one of the core beliefs?
    Lol, I know. This article is really badly written, it's like a few lines about the girl then a really disparaging comment like "lol her peraents ar ****"
    It's like, grow up, get a life. And then the comments at the bottom are all so typical daily mail too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dorian gray)
    Parenting fail.
    Nail on head. It's very sad. It's a child, not a doll.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purple Rain)
    Oh my god, I'm watching this now! The part with the bailiffs sad times. The poorer family are actually better spoken than the rich one, which is odd.
    haha i take it your not from the north east i know some very very rich families which sound like total chavs but are the nicest people to know. Money doesnt buy class

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jismith1989)
    Please use the dictionary to make sure that you're spitting at least relevant insults before you slobber us with pseudo-French: :yep:

parvenu |ˈpɑːvənuː| |-njuː| often derogatory
    noun
    a person of obscure origin who has gained wealth, influence, or celebrity.

Anyway, the problem is societally endemic, and it's thus very cruel, not to mention myopic, to merely pick out an extreme case and poke fun. But this is the Daily Mail, of course...

It sickens me how people can be so rude about an 11-year-old member of Britain's cultural underclass.
    (Original post by Bagration)
    They can do what they like. They can spend how they like, it doesn't bother me, but I retain the right to label them as disgusting parvenus. In fact, they're prolly not even that. They're not wealthy enough to be parvenus. They're just stupid & irresponsible.
    Anyway, £150,000 worth of material goods for an 11 year old -- I would call her a parvenu, at least, but yes the term doesn't necessarily fit the entire family (although it certainly would if they were richer, lol.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crimsonchilli)
    hahaha
    more importantly
    brogan
    what a ******* stupid name.

EXCUSE ME. :mad:

(Original post by ArtGoblin)
    If my parents had named me Brogan, I'd expect £150K compensation too.

I dislike you. Intensely. **** off.

(Original post by EducatingBrogan)

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

I remember reading the article and i thought somebody had made a joke account :p:

Oh well, Brogan isn't a bad name, and even so, it's not about the name, but about the person it represents

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

I remember reading the article and i thought somebody had made a joke account :p:

Oh well, Brogan isn't a bad name, and even so, it's not about the name, but about the person it represents

Yeah, well if she's representing the glorious name of Brogan, I may well have to do something about it. Something more constructive than grumbling and negging TSR-ers who insult my name, anyway.

I was lol'ing when I read it in the paper though, my mum found it quite amusing too.

Luckily I are proper well smarty-clever and nice and friendly and wonderful so I balance out the Brogan-aura in the world :awesome:

Yeah, well if she's representing the glorious name of Brogan, I may well have to do something about it. Something more constructive than grumbling and negging TSR-ers who insult my name, anyway.

I was lol'ing when I read it in the paper though, my mum found it quite amusing too.

Luckily I are proper well smarty-clever and nice and friendly and wonderful so I balance out the Brogan-aura in the world :awesome:
    And you go to Oxford, so you're educated too

Speaking of which :ninja:

OT: Yes, brogan is bad, hmm, real bad yes .

ReputationRep:

Lol. Sorry! :o:

Edit: I take the sorry back now - I was four points away from my next gem! Everyone else found it funny...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Stranger in Moscow)
    Lol, I know. This article is really badly written, it's like a few lines about the girl then a really disparaging comment like "lol her peraents ar ****"
    It's like, grow up, get a life. And then the comments at the bottom are all so typical daily mail too.
    Your comments are so typical "TSR student talks about Daily Mail". Like, grow up, get a life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zap Brannigan)
    Your comments are so typical "TSR student talks about Daily Mail". Like, grow up, get a life.
    I'm not a student

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teenage Pirate)
    I was thinking exactly the same. 15k a year is tuition at top private schools... and even a "regular" private school will set you back between 5-10k per year. 2 holidays a year cost a couple of thousand on top of that... yeah, so the gist of the post is that I agree with you.

On the other hand, on 30k a year it's quite a bit. And this piece of trash is probably attending a state school of some sort.
    I don;t think people are complaining about the amount of money that is being lavished on her - I think it's more the fact that she's being spoiled rotten with all this designer **** and is never going to understand the value of money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtGoblin)
    If my parents had named me Brogan, I'd expect £150K compensation too.
    She probably pronounces it like....'brojaan'.. or something completely ostentatious..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Stranger in Moscow)
    I'm not a student
    Even less reason to sound like one then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilee172)
    I don;t think people are complaining about the amount of money that is being lavished on her - I think it's more the fact that she's being spoiled rotten with all this designer **** and is never going to understand the value of money.
    fair enough

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.