Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is it possible for some one to be physicaly attracted to themselves watch

ReputationRep:
    :hmmmm2: ...Nope, can't be bothered to even attempt to decipher that. Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    I heard a theory (not my own) that said all gay people are narcissists and homosexuality is twisted self love.

Personally I think that's rubbish but I'll throw it in there.

ReputationRep:
    Whenever I look in the mirror I find myself ridiculously attractive, if I could go out with myself I would.

You're not getting pics, so don't even bother, I'm all to myself

ReputationRep:
    Hardly much of an enigma.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D3M!)
    Like not in the vain sense when they think they are good looking and everyone loves them but I mean they get something out of looking at themselves in the mirror , like looking at some one they fancied.

Or what if an attractive gay person was somehow unable to see their own face but were alowed to see other peoples faces for the first 18 years of their life and then suddenly were able to look at their own face .
    I have never heard of a guy getting boners by looking in the mirror

To the second part :confused: Just how?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmie19)
    I have never heard of a guy getting boners by looking in the mirror

To the second part :confused: Just how?
    It's a hypothetical situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gumdrop)
    I heard a theory (not my own) that said all gay people are narcissists and homosexuality is twisted self love.

Personally I think that's rubbish but I'll throw it in there.
    I've heard that theory too. I think it's Freudian, but I could be wrong. I also think it's rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dijobla)
    I've heard that theory too. I think it's Freudian, but I could be wrong. I also think it's rubbish.
    The fact I heard it from a homophobic bloke says a lot really... Personally don't see it being right, but I can sort of see the logic.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, they are also known as "Winkers" and make comments inferring that paying £80 million pounds for them is "cheap". You know who you are.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't put it past him, that guy was screwed up. He also says all males secretly want to shag their mothers and all women want to get jiggy with their dads.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    It's only possible if that happens, yeah. It's not biologically possible to be attracted to anyone you've grown up with, apparently...
    Of course it's possible.

Anyway, in the book The Time Traveler's wife, when the guy is a teenager, he time travels to his room and gives himself a blowjob. Is this the type of thing you meant? Also, what about identical twins having sex with each other or experimenting with each other?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    Of course it's possible.

Anyway, in the book The Time Traveler's wife, when the guy is a teenager, he time travels to his room and gives himself a blowjob. Is this the type of thing you meant? Also, what about identical twins having sex with each other or experimenting with each other?
    I remember that scene. It was disturbing.

ReputationRep:
    I remember that scene. It was disturbing.
    I fapped. :ninja: :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    self confidence? I don't know..
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Of course it's possible.
    You say that as if it's obvious. At least what I said has some grounding in the fact that incest is so rare and normally only happens when the family members have been split up for a long time. Care to justify?

ReputationRep:
    You say that as if it's obvious. At least what I said has some grounding in the fact that incest is so rare and normally only happens when the family members have been split up for a long time. Care to justify?
    It happens. There's evidence out there to suggest that quite a lot of 'experimenting' goes on between siblings. I have read about it in studies on the abused, but I can't be bothered to find a source since you didn't name your source ('apparently' isn't a source by the way).
    It's rare because it's taboo and even then it's probably not as rare as you think.

I think it's kind of naive to suggest any attraction between two humans is 'impossible'.

Edit - in fact scrap that. Look at the Wiki page on Incest
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I can't be bothered to find a source since you didn't name your source ('apparently' isn't a source by the way).
    Wow, you're an arse, aren't you. I was going on something my biology teacher once said. The "apparently" was deliberately put there because I don't have a source and was quite specifically not sure whether what I said was correct or not. I was, as I always am, open to correction on this topic and any other, just like anyone should be. You don't win any intellectualism points by being childish and hiding your "source". Either share your information, or go away and patronise me quietly in your head.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, you're an arse, aren't you. I was going on something my biology teacher once said. The "apparently" was deliberately put there because I don't have a source and was quite specifically not sure whether what I said was correct or not. I was, as I always am, open to correction on this topic and any other, just like anyone should be. You don't win any intellectualism points by being childish and hiding your "source". Either share your information, or go away and patronise me quietly in your head.
    :sigh: I apologise for being an arse. I just get annoyed when people ask for justification/sources when they didn't give any themselves. I can't remember my source. I've always been interested in humans and their behaviour, especially sexual behaviour so I did some research into weird things like incest and paedophilia some years ago, which is why I don't still have my sources and why I get frustrated when people on here call people 'sick' without engaging their brains (not you, I mean on other past threads).

Anyway, I still think it was very naive to say attraction to anyone you've grown up with is not possible, but I'm sorry for being snappy.
    Are we cool? :yy:

ReputationRep:
    if i could duplicate myself i would :hubba:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.