Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Feeling good about certain people adding you on Facebook Watch

Please keep anon, the girl in question uses TSR.

I just got a friend request from a girl I had a MASSIVE crush on from a couple of years ago at school, and I never forgot about her. She was really special to me, even though I didn't talk to her much.

I am aware it's almost certainly meaningless, but is it normal to feel really happy that SHE sent a friend request to me of all people?

ReputationRep:
    course it is, if you like her its only natural to be happy when she shows any kind of interest in you.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah of course it's natural, I was happy in a similar situation, but then you end up finding out they have a boyfriend, are getting married or are having a baby and then that happy feeling wears off.

ReputationRep:
    Dam you anon, I wish a nice girl I liked sent me that request :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Could someone de-anon, it could be funny.

ReputationRep:
    Course it's natural..I was in teh very same situation!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pimpin Juice)
    Dam you anon, I wish a nice girl I liked sent me that request :rolleyes:
    hahaha, same

(Original post by The Narrator)
    Yeah of course it's natural, I was happy in a similar situation, but then you end up finding out they have a boyfriend, are getting married or are having a baby and then that happy feeling wears off.
    Yeahhh :s
    I'm afraid this might happen

(Original post by cfc1992)
    Could someone de-anon, it could be funny.
    No. It wouldn't be funny.

ReputationRep:
    Yes that normal. Although if you're upset to find out she has a boyfriend... then clearly there are still some lingering feelings.

ReputationRep:
    Yee it's normal :p:

ReputationRep:
    Happened to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

I just got a friend request from a girl I had a MASSIVE crush on from a couple of years ago at school, and I never forgot about her. She was really special to me, even though I didn't talk to her much.

I am aware it's almost certainly meaningless, but is it normal to feel really happy that SHE sent a friend request to me of all people?
    I always find it funny when things like this happen to me, there were always people who I revered when I was younger, and then when I grew up I found these different people were actually not all that interesting once you get to know them, and it's these people who are now perhaps looking up you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Thoroughly understandable.

There was a girl who I liked very deeply when I was in Yr13 and felt was my soul mate. This was not some mere crush but actually after getting to know her and liking her deeply as a person. But sadly she was in two serious relationships with other lads (yes, two!) and had a bit of a rep as an easy lover with loads of other guys and this made me feel like complete crap and unable to trust her and bitter that she was using me and doubting as to whether or not I was cool enough.

Four and a half years later, Facebook arrives on the web and I suddenly get a friend request from her. Which astounded me! It did feel as though all the bitterness had been purged but two years on and I really have not been able to say much to her at all. Feels weird, huh?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.