Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Two situations here.. Both online...

1)
    Non Means-Tested.. application submitted online in april - has been processed but needs further information...
    They need birth certificate.. send off birth certificate today..

Will they get my monies before course starts on September 20-somethingth
    If not, what can be done/what will happen?

2)
    Means-tested... application submitted online in april - has NOT been processed - need more information i.e. documentary evidence/birth certificate.
    evidence and birth certificate sent off 2 weeks ago, received on 31st JULY..
    (had major problems getting birth certificate)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mardoxx)

Good questions.

My advice is get them send off ASAP. Other than that, i cant help im afriad..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mardoxx)
    Two situations here.. Both online...

1)
    Non Means-Tested.. application submitted online in april - has been processed but needs further information...
    They need birth certificate.. send off birth certificate today..

2)
    Means-tested... application submitted online in april - has NOT been processed - need more information i.e. documentary evidence/birth certificate.
    evidence and birth certificate sent off 2 weeks ago, received on 31st JULY..
    (had major problems getting birth certificate)

I'm somewhat confused...
    1) You say you sent the birth certificate off today
    2) You say birth certificate was received [by them?] on 31st July

Anyway, despite this...
    The applications will all be processed as quickly as possible by Student Finance England.

You could attempt to call them to ask an advisor their opinion on the likelihood of processing to have been completed etc. on time for you to receive your monies before the start of term.

Call them on: 0141 243 3929
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Non-0845 number above... it's cheaper, and rings the same phones that phoning the 0845 300 5090 would ring.

Lines Open Monday to Friday 8.00 am to 8.00 pm; Saturday and Sunday 9.00 am to 5.30 pm

If the money (loans, etc.) aren't sorted by the start of Uni term, they'll be sorted as soon as possible.
    You would have to check with your University about deadlines for Accomodation fees, make sure they know that there is a delay in your loan and that fees will be paid as soon as possible. Similarly you'd need to speak to your University about the Tuition Fees payment, explaining that there is a delay, though you believe that you shall be receiving a full loan for your tuition fees.

If you are aware that things won't be sorted before you head to University, don't hesitate to contact your University to inform them of the situation before you arrive.

I hope this helps, C

ReputationRep:
    CrazyChris: thanks
    1) You say you sent the birth certificate off today <<< tru, dat
    2) You say birth certificate was received [by them?] on 31st July << yes, received by them

oh cool, they ARE open on saturday+sunday!!!
    also I thought that number was a criminal offence on these forums :P /joke

the trouble is, if 2) has no funding she will have _NO_ money to live on as she has no support from her parent(s) and lived on own since 17
    so any ideas what she can do?

ReputationRep:
    get a 2nd student account and live on that overdraft til you get support!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by petiso)
    get a 2nd student account and live on that overdraft til you get support!
    Before opening a second student account, you would need to check the terms and conditions very carefully.
    The interest-free overdraft may be removed without warning if there isn't money,e.g. the student loan, being paid in.
    You could perhaps bounce your student loan money around between the accounts, ensuring that there is money being credited and debited to/from thea account on a regular basis.

You will need to check each banks' terms and conditions carefully before opening two (or more) separate student accounts.

ReputationRep:
    that's a retarded thing to do and a sure fire way to get into a lot of debt.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.