The Student Room Group
Reply 1
what.. are you afraid he'll say thanks or something?
Reply 2
Maybe you're just not ready to say it. when you are, you will say it.
Reply 3
Anonymous

Any one else been through the same or have any ideas?

Nope, but tis whatever floats your boat..
Dont worry, I'm trying not to say it. I like to say it during sex, but my **** buddy doesn't want commitment.
Reply 5
Anonymous
I only say it when I mean it, I love my friends and my family and I can tell them, but I can't seem to tell my boyf - I can write it (he's never received one of those) but it bothers me that I just can't say it - I mean it and I know I love him but just can't it's like a paralyzing fear or something

Any one else been through the same or have any ideas?

I understand what you are going through, are you scared that he doesnt feel the same way? and may become scared off if you tell him?
I don't say it unless I mean it, I say it to my family and best friends, and I do say it to my girlfriend - just looking at her makes me want to say it. She says it to me sometimes, and it makes me feel great :biggrin:. But I try not to say it too much, otherwise it doesn't seem as special, even though I wouldn't mean it any less. Anyone I say it to knows I mean it though, or at least I hope they do!
Reply 7
I told my boyfriend I loved him and all I got back was ok goodnight. ****
Reply 8
Worried that he won't say it back?

I've never told a friend I love them though (apart from if we're joking and saying "I love you man") - I just feel it's more for family and boyfriend/girlfriend (or more).

I don't know to be honest - if you do love him then why can't you say it? If it's the fear of him not saying it back well just go for it anyway - I mean, it's nice to hear it back but he might want to be telling you too but is just afraid that it's too soon and you won't say it back.
Reply 9
I'm not worried he won't say it back - I am fairly certain he won't say it back - it's a weird relationship tbh, but it feels right for me to do it I just can't bring myself to I suppose it's like someone said : being afraid that he'll be scared off even though rationally I don't think he would take off for long....

I dunno I suppose I haven't figured out what his reaction will be and that is probably what's holding me back, since the words once said cannot be taken back and have been known to have weird effects on people
Deanna19
I told my boyfriend I loved him and all I got back was ok goodnight. ****

So what? You want him to LIE and hear i love you back when he doesn't mean it? He does not love you, maybe he will in the future but not right now.
you'll never know his response unless you tell him
Reply 12
Respect4Life
So what? You want him to LIE and hear i love you back when he doesn't mean it? He does not love you, maybe he will in the future but not right now.

Hahaha. No.

You don't know the situation do you? But thanks for the input Dr Phil.
I do know what you mean, maybe you just don't mean it fully yet and when you do it'll spill out of you in an emotional inferno of confession :h:
Also wait, doesn't sound like such a good idea to say it anyway if you're almost certain he won't say it back. It'll only complicate things surely?
Deanna19
Hahaha. No.

You don't know the situation do you? But thanks for the input Dr Phil.

whatever , you're gonna get dumped :biggrin:
Reply 16
Respect4Life
whatever , you're gonna get dumped :biggrin:

yeah considering we're not going to see each other for two months, I wouldn't be surprised.

But **** happens

Latest

Trending

Trending