The Student Room Group

I am a loser, what happened to the other losers like me?

Are they still losers? Have they become winners? Are they dead now?

Oh if you're like 15 and wondering the same thing, then yeah some losers will go to university and still be losers 5 years later.

Why am I a loser? Oh the usual ****, uni going like ****, no friends or relationships, mediocre grades with nothing going extra curricular, mediocre to **** physique & face. And you definitely know if you're a loser when you could have died in a car accident and the nurse in the A&E looks at you pityingly because the bedside was empty and the few people i had phone numbers all declined to help me after i was discharged.

I'm dreading going back to uni for my 3rd year, because after I graduate my degree classifciation and dead end job or lack of one could just be 1 more nail in the coffin of what a pathetic loser i am

Probably somewhere along the way, I helped to make myself into the loser I am today, but even if I didnt' have to be one, I am one now.

So what happened to the others like me? Got a story to tell? If you're going abuse me in your posts, just do it, I dont' deserve anything better.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:hello: take pleasure in your looser-ness. find fellow losers. Or do as I do and learn to like being a loser and being alone.
Reply 2
I'll be honest; they moved to Coventry.
Reply 3
Losers are those who do not believe they can win.
Reply 4
Apparently the secret to happiness is appreciating WHAT YOU'VE GOT.

Don't compare your life to more fortunate, happy people without also comparing your life to the millions of people in poverty and pain.
Reply 5
What do you call someone who almost wins?

...LOSER

OP, I wouldn't worry, there are far more losers in this world than you may know.
:frown:
:console:
Dont give up man, we're still alive and kicking (fellow loser)
Reply 8
if you don't like your life, change it. It's not hard to become more active and get a personality. If you really can't think of anything else - volunteer, give blood, get a hobby or whatever. It might even give you that bit of confidence you so desperately need and help you make friends on your wavelength.
never forget the loosing is the stepping stone for winning...what you need to do is work hard to overcome your mistakes...then you will be a winner...
Reply 11
I hear moping around and complaining gets you far in life.
they;re all on big brother.
Reply 13
Rainmaker ™
Fake confidence :cool: , drink, talk to people u don't know, get a hobby,...
You WILL make friends.

Good onya Rainmaker, as I fake confidence every damned weekend at work! I pop it in the trash when I'm around the opposite sex. A coupla beers should sort it...

Hobby's not important. In fact, I'd consider drinking might be a good hobby? I'm sure 3rd year of university is old enough to get a little pissed here and there right? :yes:
Lukely
Good onya Rainmaker, as I fake confidence every damned weekend at work! I pop it in the trash when I'm around the opposite sex. A coupla beers should sort it...

Hobby's not important. In fact, I'd consider drinking might be a good hobby? I'm sure 3rd year of university is old enough to get a little pissed here and there right? :yes:

Hobby cause he might meet some people. i'm guessing he's not going out a lot now . Then he could get wasted with the guys and they will be his new buddies. Simple as.

(the flag... have u been in Oz, mate ?)
Reply 15
MichaelG
I hear moping around and complaining gets you far in life.

Fact.
Reply 16
Rainmaker ™
Hobby cause he might meet some people. i'm guessing he's not going out a lot now . Then he could get wasted with the guys and they will be his new buddies. Simple as.

(the flag... have u been in Oz, mate ?)

Have indeed. Been in the UK a fair few years. Going in oooh 2 weeks? Then coming back... then going back again for good in ohh sometime between Jan/June next year. :woo:
Reply 17
*cuddles* It will all be okay =)
I too am a loser :wavey: :dance:
Reply 19
nelie
*cuddles* It will all be okay =)

:lovehug:

dw :pig2: flu will kill us all anyway so why not just :absinth: and enjoy life

Latest

Trending

Trending