Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What am I doing wrong? (This fat is coming from nowhere) Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm 18, a guy, and never been vain or obsessed with my weight much but this is just depressing. I've been 55kg for well over 4 years now no matter what I eat (though i dont eat junk food, sodas, etc that stuff), but I'm getting fat. I'm starting to lose my jaw line but thankfully no beginnings of a double chin, but unfortunately my calfs are just really really flabby; and my stomach does have a flabby bump now (so to speak) which wasnt there before.

I don't excercise (except for football twice a week), but still I dont eat unhealthy, so what am i doing wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G O D I V A)
    I don't exercise
    There's your answer.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    You're not exercising enough. :confused: Fat is present in most foods. Sugar converts into fat in the blood stream. Avoiding junk food is a good start, but it's not enough - any sugar you put into your body that it doesn't use naturally has to be burnt off in some way, because it doesn't excrete it, it stores it as fat.

ReputationRep:
    As your diet accounts for 80% of your weight and exercise accounts for 20% the fact that you don't really exercise isn't the problem. The problem is your diet, taking a wild stab, I'd say your eating too much.

Post your typical days consumption along with your height.

ReputationRep:
    :dontknow: You've stopped growing. Putting on weight has nothing to do with eating junk food - it's just caused by putting in more fuel than you burn. So eat less or exercise more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G O D I V A)
    I'm 18, a guy, and never been vain or obsessed with my weight much but this is just depressing. I've been 55kg for well over 4 years now no matter what I eat (though i dont eat junk food, sodas, etc that stuff), but I'm getting fat. I'm starting to lose my jaw line but thankfully no beginnings of a double chin, but unfortunately my calfs are just really really flabby; and my stomach does have a flabby bump now (so to speak) which wasnt there before.

I don't excercise (except for football twice a week), but still I dont eat unhealthy, so what am i doing wrong?
    You're 18 and 55kg? That seems to be underweight to me, but what is your height?

If you're playing football twice a week, then I assume you're playing it to a decent level, don't you find yourself being muscled off the ball easily?

ReputationRep:
    55kg?! How tall are you? You could probably do with putting some weight on...You shouldn't really be the same weight as when you were 14.

ReputationRep:
    What are you actually eating?

Chances are it isnt as healthy as you think.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.