Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've posted about this before but here I go again, I honestly have no friends. I have 1 proper friend and without her I wouldn't have a social life. I'm quiet and socially awkward, its not because I'm unsocialable I just lack confidence. When I'm drunk I'm the life and soul of the party but when I'm sober I have zero personality. People like me when I'm drunk, thats all good but I can't be drunk constantly.

People seem to always dislike me apparently I come off as arrogant and cold. I was bullied in school which has affected me greatly and I'm alot more confident than what I used to be mostly because I've grown into my looks.

Its really starting to depress me! Should I see someone? How do I become at ease with myself and around others? I have no idea how to start a conversation beside asking them what they do or where they're live.

ReputationRep:
    Stick to your proper friend all the time (im assuming shes your BFF) but at the same time initiate conversations with other people. i do that because I hate hanging out a group all the time, people change and conform when they do.
    Btw, I go real crazy when Im drunk too. Thats when I socialize with boys because I get too shy and nervous every other day!

ReputationRep:
    What are you afraid of?

ReputationRep:
    All you can do is believe in yourself, try and be as confident as you can, and go off TSR and out!! Even if your shy and nervous, its not going to magically disappear sitting infront of the computer. In the end the worst that can happen is someone thinking your boring and not talking with you anymore - then its time to find the next group of friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I can't be drunk constantly
    why?

Blame the parents, its usually the fathers fault, some are no more than grown babies (many closet gays)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2009
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.