Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    iPhone, cos mine got nicked back in Jan

ReputationRep:
    In one word? "Designer"

As much as I love my iPod, I bought it partly because everyone else had one and it seemed "cool" and probably less partly because there wasn't much competition.

I know people who have bought things like the iPhone just for the "cool" factor, then whine about all the features they lack.

Their hardware and software are all very well designed, appealing, simplistic and rather fetching. But they often lack features. The iPhone until recently had a camera but not video capture, a touchscreen but no copy and paste, and GPRS but no Bluetooth.

By all means, they're good competitive products, but there's generally a better alternative for the intrigued buyer.

ReputationRep:
    Apple's share of mobile phone industry profit about 32% for 1st half of 2009, despite having under 2% of industry unit sales.
    This is the extent of Apple overpricing...

ReputationRep:
    Overpriced, over hyped, under-specced, poor quality, evil business practices, smug, for people that can't be bothered to look around and want to look "trendy".

ReputationRep:
    Overpriced products

Good at marketing and advertising

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ewan)
    Overpriced products

Good at marketing and advertising
    I share this sentiment in regards to the majority of Apple's products except the Ipod Touch which I think is decent value for money ( I don't own one though).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D3M!)
    I share this sentiment in regards to the majority of Apple's products except the Ipod Touch which I think is decent value for money ( I don't own one though).
    Personally I don't see a music player having a touch screen as a benefit. I know its not just a music player, but I never saw the appeal of videos either. The internet access is good though! Nothing to do with pricing, but i'd never buy an mp3 player that is a touch screen again.

ReputationRep:
    somebody mentions Apple? - I think "food"!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.