Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Please keep anon.

I've just finished my 1st year of uni. I was living in halls.

This summer two meet ups of my block have been arranged. I've not been invited to either. Not everyone has been invited as there were some people who didn't mix with the bulk of the block, but I did. Sat with people at dinner, sat in the social area with them, went on nights out with them etc etc.

I am a little hurt that I wasn't included. On facebook people's stauts are words to the effect of 'can't wait for the block to get here' 'had an amazing night with the block, great see everyone again'

TBH I probably wouldn't have gone to them as they are far from my house and I have been to vist other uni firends so funds anre a little low but still, it would have been nice to have been invited. I just don't know why I wasn't.

I feel like commenting on the uploaded pics etc saying 'glad you are all having a nice time'

Is that a bit spiteful though?

ReputationRep:
    Comment the pictures if you want, I would if I were you :p:

As for the rest... When you feel like the time is right, ask them straight out why they didn't invite you.

ReputationRep:
    Have your own meet up and don't invite any of them.

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably have a comment on the photos too, but I'd make sure the person who actually arranged it was tagged in the photo so they'd see your comment.

ReputationRep:
    I'd comment, and then i'd find the opportunity to ask why they didn't invite me.

ReputationRep:
    What everyone else said.

ReputationRep:
    If they couldn't be bothered to invite me I wouldn't spend my time commenting on their photos etc. I'd rather spend my time on the people who do matter.

ReputationRep:
    if i was organising the event, and the non invited people were saying stuff like "hope you are having a nice time", i wouldn't give a crap.

If i did, they would have been invited.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reaver)
    Have your own meet up and don't invite any of them.
    Haha brilliant idea!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voudreau)
    If they couldn't be bothered to invite me I wouldn't spend my time commenting on their photos etc. I'd rather spend my time on the people who do matter.
    Ditto. I wouldn't give them the satisfaction to know that I was hurt or cared about not being invited. They probably didn't even to intentionally hurt you. Its happened to me in the past and even though it was upsetting, it just mad me realise who my real friends are.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.