Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually high from my brothers smoking weed upstairs all day. I feel really nauseas, my head is spinning and every time I try to concentrate on my screen I can feel myself sliding upside down. the house ******* stinks as soon as you walk in and I don't even have a window in my room to try to aerate it.

how is everyone?

ReputationRep:
    im a horrible person

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    im a horrible person
    No you're not :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    yes i am; someone just told me i am
    now i feel bad
    maybe cos of this reason i deserve everything bad that's happened/ing to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    yes i am; someone just told me i am
    now i feel bad
    maybe cos of this reason i deserve everything bad that's happened/ing to me
    Dont listen to them :hugs: you are a lovely person who has proved them wrong soo many times by listening to people on here and helping them. You dont deserve everything that is happening at all, nobody deserves it, no matter how bad they believe themselves to be :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    :five: I hate uni too. I have no friends, I can't do the work, it sucks all round.

I just got back from 2 hours of lectures, I just sat and thought about how much work I should be doing and how I'm pretty sure they're going to either kick me out or force me to take a gap year if I haven't got my act together by next term. Damn. I'm totally ******.

On the plus side I think for the first time ever the meds are actually having some kind of effect :eek: I'm still depressed as **** but other things are a fair bit better.
    if u need to leave uni for your health - then do so...uni isn't worth getting suicidal and depressed over. I've been to 3 different uni's and tried 4 coures before settling down.

pm me if you want to know more aobut what i did through my uni struggle!

ReputationRep:
    Any chance of joining? I have my first trip to see a psychologist next Thursday, should be fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emsybean)
    Any chance of joining? I have my first trip to see a psychologist next Thursday, should be fun
    i asked to join but they never did add me :9 - i think this is just a talking soc,. good luck with psychologists...i found them to be arrogant prats. one asked me about my sex life - i was like wtf and never went back

ReputationRep:
    lol apparently the one I'm seeing is the best in my area, so that's at least a little bit comforting. Tomorrow will be the first time I've been into college since seeing my doctor though, so I'm quite nervous about talking things through with the teacher I want to see (who's also head of A-Level programming :eek:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    I think me and you should both give up academia and go travelling around the world . That'll cheer us up. Also we'd have nothing to worry about either. That is my plan for after uni - go travelling - i've had enough of the cold, the misery and the depression of being in london, studying something i do not like, having no friends and living at home with overpossessive, strict parents

*breathes deeply* .... *is calm*
    Absolutely! I'm so glad I'm away from London, I love Kent! Its so relaxed and slow paced, the only things I miss about London though are the shops, parts of my home town, family and friends. Yeah I'm glad I moved out too, to give my self some independece and freedom from the parents, I love them to death but they did me little favours wrapping me in cotton wool, but I guess some parents are like that because they don't want any harm to come to us. As for studying something I don't want to, I'm enjoying parts of the course but I can't see my self being a Pharmacist, I don't want to leave because I'm comfy here finally now and have made great friends but I just dont want to be a pharmacist at the end of it. Travelling is on my list for sure when I finish. I don't care if I'm penny-less I need to see the world. I want to get out of England all together and see different cultures, people and places. I've wanted to travel for a long time. I'm a bit of a hippie and just want to spend time out doors thinking about nothing, taking my own sweet time, enjoying the simple things. I feel like I'm wasting my time trying to climb up the human "food chain" when there are more important things in life which we just over look and take for granted. Kinda sick of society to be honest and where it is heading. All for being a hermit on a mountain in the middle of no where :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emsybean)
    You're welcome on here.
    Good luck with the psychologist, glad to hear that you are getting help. Hopefully you'll benefit from it, just approach it with an open mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    if u need to leave uni for your health - then do so...uni isn't worth getting suicidal and depressed over. I've been to 3 different uni's and tried 4 coures before settling down.

pm me if you want to know more aobut what i did through my uni struggle!
    Really? :eek:

3 unis and 4 courses here too!

I know uni isn't worth feeling awful over but tbh I feel pretty much as bad when I'm not at uni too. So it's no win really.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else feel ridiculous when they get "dressed up"? My mum is always going on that if I wear something nice I'll "feel so much better" but I just feel like a total tw*t, like I'm giving people even more reasons to ridicule me. Recently I've taken to just wearing trainers and track bottoms because I feel like such an idiot in anything else. I wore jeans for a day and I dunno it was just rubbish and felt wrong. I'm just bored and musing. Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else feel ridiculous when they get "dressed up"? My mum is always going on that if I wear something nice I'll "feel so much better" but I just feel like a total tw*t, like I'm giving people even more reasons to ridicule me. Recently I've taken to just wearing trainers and track bottoms because I feel like such an idiot in anything else. I wore jeans for a day and I dunno it was just rubbish and felt wrong. I'm just bored and musing. Sorry.
    Hell, if it makes you feel any better you don't even want to know when was the last time I took a shower.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Hell, if it makes you feel any better you don't even want to know when was the last time I took a shower.

I think if I didn't have various people checking I haven't killed myself yet or seminars to go to I probably wouldn't shower either so I know where you're coming from. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    Absolutely! .... we just over look and take for granted. Kinda sick of society to be honest and where it is heading. All for being a hermit on a mountain in the middle of no where :o:

this is so me rachel; you wouldn't believe how long i ponder about the point of human existence! i want to be a hermit on a mountain or in the middle of some desolate forest

btw i finish this year and don't have anyone to go travelling with; do you think travelling alone is okay? i thought about meeting people off the internet and going with them because i dont reqlly have friends, but i'm not to sure sounds like a depressng, unreliable and possibly dangerous idea!

ReputationRep:
    Really? :eek:

3 unis and 4 courses here too!

I know uni isn't worth feeling awful over but tbh I feel pretty much as bad when I'm not at uni too. So it's no win really.
    i am reading a book called "the virgin suicides". it has inspired me to become a school janitor in some suburban or country school in america; i think that would be the best job on earth, what do you think? i have indeed done 3 unis and 4 courses; not saying which ones cos tsr people will be able to identify me (see how paranoid i am?)

ReputationRep:
    Ive taken a 2nd gap year, on it currently. Horrible not knowing for sure what I want to do....... Still haven't got a clue for sure. Feel so bad about not taking up the course I applied for *sigh* I might as well have in hindsight... Would have felt much better than I do now.. Any advice for me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andyuhoh)
    Ive taken a 2nd gap year, on it currently. Horrible not knowing for sure what I want to do....... Still haven't got a clue for sure. Feel so bad about not taking up the course I applied for *sigh* I might as well have in hindsight... Would have felt much better than I do now.. Any advice for me?
    Try not to feel too bad about mistakes you've already made. I dunno, how are you spending your time just now? Maybe if you do something useful like volunteering or a part-time course you might feel less like you're wasting your time. Or travelling is good if you can afford it. If you don't have much money you could make a list of everybody you know who lives in a different city and go and see them (megabus.com is dirt cheap), and if they're at uni you might get some ideas about what you might want to study.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andyuhoh)
    don't go to ucl! =). ermm....go to uni and try something out? you might like it?

That is the only thing i can suggest.

You've got nothing to lose, but from a person in uni (me), you're not missing out on much. I'm not really enjoying it ...i think it's been a wasted experience.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.