Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)

I feel like a massive failure. I've given in 1 out of 4 essays all term and I just got it back....52 :cry: That's the worse mark I've ever got on an essay and I really put as much work as I could into it. I really don't think I can cope with coming back here after xmas but I have no alternatives.

I can completely relate to this part

ReputationRep:
    Biscuits are good, especially with tea.

I've been assessed like 4 weeks ago to see a psychologist, apparently they're compiling the report and then I'll see them so can't really help unless you want to know the kind of questions they ask when assessing if they can help you.

I feel like a massive failure. I've given in 1 out of 4 essays all term and I just got it back....52 :cry: That's the worse mark I've ever got on an essay and I really put as much work as I could into it. I really don't think I can cope with coming back here after xmas but I have no alternatives.
    Hell, a lot of people do worse than that without being mentally ill - they're just thick. If you want something to laugh about, I've got a crisis team person coming round tomorrow. She'll definitely notice all the pictures of skeletons I've got on the wall, and chances are she'll spot the mould growing on the floor as well. This really isn't going to end well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Hell, a lot of people do worse than that without being mentally ill - they're just thick. If you want something to laugh about, I've got a crisis team person coming round tomorrow. She'll definitely notice all the pictures of skeletons I've got on the wall, and chances are she'll spot the mould growing on the floor as well. This really isn't going to end well.
    That will be fun :console:

Perhaps you could cover the mould with bits of paper?

ReputationRep:
    That will be fun :console:

Perhaps you could cover the mould with bits of paper?
    Yeah, I might do that. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just crying my eyes out, haven't stopped all day, and all I can hear is people laughing and running around in the hall.
    Nobody gives a ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gee_shakedown)
    I'm just crying my eyes out, haven't stopped all day, and all I can hear is people laughing and running around in the hall.
    Nobody gives a ****
    Know the feeling.

:cry:

ReputationRep:
    Know the feeling.

:cry:
    i went to teach in a school today (voluntary teaching), and the class teacher started crying when i asked how she was . So, i don't like finance, don't like the oil industry or academia, and i don't think i'll like teaching

life really does suck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gee_shakedown)
    Nobody gives a ****
    aww, what's up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    i went to teach in a school today (voluntary teaching), and the class teacher started crying when i asked how she was . So, i don't like finance, don't like the oil industry or academia, and i don't think i'll like teaching

life really does suck!
    I know what I want to do. I also know there's pretty much zero chance of them ever letting me.

ReputationRep:
    I know what I want to do. I also know there's pretty much zero chance of them ever letting me.
    wat is that? (that you want to do?)

ReputationRep:
    wat is that? (that you want to do?)
    Join the police.

I haven't got a chance in hell.

ReputationRep:
    Join the police.

you don't need a degree to join the police. One of my friends from highschool did a few years of PCSO (community support officer), and now he is training to be a cop, all without a degree he can proudly boast

blue

ReputationRep:
    Join the police.

http://www.policecouldyou.co.uk/offi...e_details.html

ReputationRep:
    you don't need a degree to join the police. One of my friends from highschool did a few years of PCSO (community support officer), and now he is training to be a cop, all without a degree he can proudly boast

blue
    Good for him.

I know I don't need a degree for it but given various mental health problems etc working against me it seems likely the only way they'd accept me would be to be overqualified.

ReputationRep:
    Good for him.

I know I don't need a degree for it but given various mental health problems etc working against me it seems likely the only way they'd accept me would be to be overqualified.
    i see flaw in your argument. If having a mental illness is a problem, it'll still be a problem if you are over qualified. So for that reason I don't think you should be overly worried about the degree thing because if they will take you, they will take you without a degree just as easily as with one

http://www.policecouldyou.co.uk/offi...al_59-2004.pdf ... look at page 18.

blue

ReputationRep:
    hmmm.....:erm: How do you describe the colour green to a blind man?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    hmmm.....:erm: How do you describe the colour green to a blind man?
    Ask someone with synaesthesia.

ReputationRep:
    Ask someone with synaesthesia.
    Basically I'm was trying to explain to someone how I felt...they just couldn't get it...he wanted me to "let him in" I tried to explain but...I dunno. :confused: I just don't want a relationship right now because of where I am and what my head sometimes goes through, don't want to have to put someone through that, and commitment is something which scares the hell out of me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    Basically I'm was trying to explain to someone how I felt...they just couldn't get it...he wanted me to "let him in" I tried to explain but...I dunno. :confused: I just don't want a relationship right now because of where I am and what my head sometimes goes through, don't want to have to put someone through that, and commitment is something which scares the hell out of me.
    Was this someone who under different circumstances you'd want to have a relationship with?

ReputationRep:
    Was this someone who under different circumstances you'd want to have a relationship with?
    I doubt it to be honest. I'm not really attracted to them physically/mentally...but...I'm more attracted to the idea of being wanted...if that makes sense. Gives me some sense of self worth, for so long I've felt that no one would ever want me, and now they do...

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.