Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I can imagine that really hurt hearing him and yeah it doesn't seem like he really thought things through too much but from my [limited] experience with telling people about stuff they generally don't know how to react and either suffocate me or abandon me never do the right thing (not that I'm even sure what that really is....). How did he react when you gave him the note?

Meh I'm pretty much same as usual.
    Didn't give him it, just stuck it under his door. Now I'm just going to feel like even more of a pathetic loser next time I see him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Didn't give him it, just stuck it under his door. Now I'm just going to feel like even more of a pathetic loser next time I see him.
    Why would being honest make you feel like a pathetic loser? I think it's good you told him rather than just ignoring him when you didn't feel like interacting.

ReputationRep:
    Why would being honest make you feel like a pathetic loser? I think it's good you told him rather than just ignoring him when you didn't feel like interacting.
    Cos I've been feeling guilty about avoiding him for days and now it looks like he doesn't even care. I should really just stop being so self-pitying but I can't.

ReputationRep:
    Cos I've been feeling guilty about avoiding him for days and now it looks like he doesn't even care. I should really just stop being so self-pitying but I can't.
    But the note explains why you were avoiding him? That's more than a lot of people would bother to do. If he;s a good friend he will be fine with it, maybe he just doesn't know what to do (boys aren't great with emotional stuff...) so this is how he's dealing with it. Give him a few days and see what he does. :hugs: you're not being self-pitying you're legitimately upset.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pludovick)
    Sorry if I'm wrong, but are you sure he's actually seen the note? I know if someone put something under my door I probably wouldn't notice it unless I was specifically looking for it. If not, just give him time- if you found it difficult to tell him face-to-face, then he's probably feeling the same about talking to you about it. :hugs:

At least you've made the effort to actually tell someone- I've been avoiding some of my friends for months now and haven't had the balls to tell anyone. I've finally booked a doctor's appointment for this Thursday- completely terrified. Still not sure how I'm getting out of school to go to it though- will probably have to fake being ill again :/
    Thought of that. I checked his room and the note was on his desk. Thing is, I don't even want him to talk to me about it - I want him to leave me alone. Just don't want him to be quite so damn cheerful about it.

Yeah, it's pretty scary telling someone for the first time. You do feel better after though.

ReputationRep:
    Know the feeling. Hope you find some better friends.
    Me too.

Also could anyone give me some advice on going to the doctors?
    I've had depression of differing severity now for years, and it seems to be something that's never going to just go away, so I've decided to go to the doctors, although I really don't want to. My parents are against the idea of me taking anything.
    What would I say/ask for? and is there anything I should avoid/refuse to take?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gee_shakedown)
    Me too.

Also could anyone give me some advice on going to the doctors?
    I've had depression of differing severity now for years, and it seems to be something that's never going to just go away, so I've decided to go to the doctors, although I really don't want to. My parents are against the idea of me taking anything.
    What would I say/ask for? and is there anything I should avoid/refuse to take?
    for a start ignore your parents. while they think they're looking out for your best interest they don't always know best. I wish I'd never even told mine because i've had nothing but crap (their idea of trying to help)
    secondly, i'm afraid it's a case of trial and error for medication. I had a terrible time on citalopram - constant nausea, feeling no better and I gained around 2 and a half stone but it's the one they tend to try first because most people respond well to it. I've found that counselling has worked far better for me than medication but that would depend on whether you feel there are specific things you want to talk about and work through or if your depression is just an unexplained, unreasoned condition.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    how is everyone?
    so fed up with uni and urgh....off to eat cheesecake and drink tea to cheer myself up!

how about you?

brb.

ReputationRep:
    I can empathise with the relationship talk earlier in the thread tbh. The guy I'm on/off with, our relationship pretty much revolves around sex cuz I'm way to scared to let someone in or end up depending on someone.

Hit a bit of a low today really, not quite sure why. My moods are really ****** up these days and it's doing my head in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    so fed up with uni and urgh....off to eat cheesecake and drink tea to cheer myself up!

how about you?

brb.
    Did it help?

I've been crying pretty much all day and just ate 1/4 a large tub of ice cream. :o:

ReputationRep:
    Did it help?

I've been crying pretty much all day and just ate 1/4 a large tub of ice cream. :o:
    Mmm what flavour?

ReputationRep:
    Mmm what flavour?
    mango :coma:

feel a bit sick :o: I think I ate too much...

ReputationRep:
    mango :coma:

feel a bit sick :o: I think I ate too much...
    You should alternate sweet with savoury. Takes you a lot longer to feel sick that way.

My eyes really hurt. Hours of crying plus hours of staring at a computer screen does not make a good combination. Think I've more or less cried myself out though. You?

ReputationRep:
    You should alternate sweet with savoury. Takes you a lot longer to feel sick that way.

My eyes really hurt. Hours of crying plus hours of staring at a computer screen does not make a good combination. Think I've more or less cried myself out though. You?
    Ruins the taste though. :p: Probably not a great idea to eat too much ice cream anyway...

:console: I did that the other day, even the morning after my eyes were stinging like ****. A shower helped a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Did it help?

it did, now i'm listening to rolling stones radio on last.fm. That is doing a lot to keep me distracted whilst i figure out how a ******* gravimeter dial correction works :mad:

ReputationRep:
    it did, now i'm listening to rolling stones radio on last.fm. That is doing a lot to keep me distracted whilst i figure out how a ******* gravimeter dial correction works :mad:
    I'd ask you what a gravimeter dial correction is, but I'm fairly sure I'd regret it.

ReputationRep:
    Ruins the taste though. :p: Probably not a great idea to eat too much ice cream anyway...

:console: I did that the other day, even the morning after my eyes were stinging like ****. A shower helped a bit.
    can you pos rep me so i become green. Seeing so much red is making me depressed

ReputationRep:
    can you pos rep me so i become green. Seeing so much red is making me depressed
    I would but I have to neg back the tool who negged me with "Shut up stupid nazi american" for whipping his ass in argument :mmm:

As for gravimeter dial correction is that the thing which knows when you turn your speakers down?

ReputationRep:
    I would but I have to neg back the tool who negged me with "Shut up stupid nazi american" for whipping his ass in argument :mmm:

As for gravimeter dial correction is that the thing which knows when you turn your speakers down?
    if only

It is a geophysical instrument which measures gravity very very very accurately. It costs £80 000 and is a lump of ****. I got to use one when i was in italy in september. As with all things there are errors/corrections that need to be done, and with a gravimeter there are a zillion...dial, drift, free air, bouguer, latitude, and maybe a few more

ReputationRep:
    if only

It is a geophysical instrument which measures gravity very very very accurately. It costs £80 000 and is a lump of ****. I got to use one when i was in italy in september. As with all things there are errors/corrections that need to be done, and with a gravimeter there are a zillion...dial, drift, free air, bouguer, latitude, and maybe a few more
    Haha I was slightly out there :p:

Sounds like a ***** to use.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.