Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    :hugs: don't beat yourself up pleasse you're family wont think you're a freak I'm sure they wish that they could stop you from hurting and to take your pain away. I was worried that my family would think I'm a freak with all the junk floating around in my head but its at times like these were you need them and where they will be willing to support you because they love you.

As for the essays...ahh I don't really look forward to getting my half assed attempt of a degree level essay back either but all you can do is your best.
    Does your uni have a sports club especially for the sport you love? Why don't you join, no doubt you will meet some people there. Its never to late to make new friends just give your self a chance and believe that you deserve friends and happiness because you DO. Don't let the negative thoughts consume you because, as you know, nothing good can come out of it, you have the power to control your mind you just have to practice controlling it, when bad thoughts come try and counteract those thoughts with something positive, even if its just looking at something and being glad that you have the blessing of sight. Have your moment of dispair but then think about the good as there are so many wonderful things in this world that we tend to overlook. When I was feeling a bit worse for wear I just looked up at the sky and it seemed to take my mind off of things. You can defeat this, it will take time but you can. :yes:
    It's not my family, they already know what a freak I am. It's my friend's family. Who'll probably tell him to stop talking to me and will think really bad stuff about me but I won't be able to escape as we're staying there a week.

I play the sport at uni yeah, that's the problem, when I get kicked out, which I'm fairly sure is going to happen, I won't be able to play anymore. I made no friends there, they all think I'm a weirdo and I always sit by myself on the minibus to the grounds, usually trying my hardest not to cry whilst all these people talk about what great nights out they had and who they're living with next year.

I have 3 essays due, have been granted an extension on 2 for over christmas but I know I'm not going to be able to do them, that's why I'm going to get kicked out.

I know what you mean about looking about and just trying to appreciate the simple things but tbh I can't. All my dreams have been snatched from me, I'm going to get kicked out and there's just no point in anything.

(Original post by Nothos)
    You're not, and I'm certain you won't get kicked out of uni :hugs:
    I will but thanks. Are you ok?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Trust me, it's very difficult to get kicked out of uni.

And as for me, meh, I'm surviving...

ReputationRep:
    I swear I'm not good enough for anything. Why am I so inadequate?
    :hugs: Sabertooth and whoever's feeling down and whoever's around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    :hugs: ahh I know the feeling, when I went home to visit I had my biggest panic attack to date. From then on I was petrified of going home but I thought that the longer I left it the worse things were going to get and I didn't want my family to feel that I didn't love/appreciate them. So I decided to feel the fear and go home ( like you I was worried that the same thing would happen with my anxiety/panic attacks) and amazingly I was fine. I was so determined to have a good time and not get wound up that I ended up enjoying my self. Again I'm nervous about going home but knowing that I've done it once before and been ok it kinda helps to know that I can do it again. After all I have no reason to be scared.

I think like me, you should just let things happen as they happen. If you set your self up for a repeat of last time then it will happen again but if you set your self up with all the determination in the world to have a good time and enjoy your sisters company then I'm sure things will work out for you. I hope it goes well!
    Thanks, that does actually make me feel better.

ReputationRep:
    It's not my family, they already know what a freak I am. It's my friend's family. Who'll probably tell him to stop talking to me and will think really bad stuff about me but I won't be able to escape as we're staying there a week.

I play the sport at uni yeah, that's the problem, when I get kicked out, which I'm fairly sure is going to happen, I won't be able to play anymore. I made no friends there, they all think I'm a weirdo and I always sit by myself on the minibus to the grounds, usually trying my hardest not to cry whilst all these people talk about what great nights out they had and who they're living with next year.

I have 3 essays due, have been granted an extension on 2 for over christmas but I know I'm not going to be able to do them, that's why I'm going to get kicked out.

I know what you mean about looking about and just trying to appreciate the simple things but tbh I can't. All my dreams have been snatched from me, I'm going to get kicked out and there's just no point in anything.

Saber, if you were well and hadn't done the essays, it would be extremely unlikely that you would be kicked out - as it is, it's pretty near impossible, even if they wanted to. You have the law on your side, and no university would dare to kick you out in your current situation without your prior consent. Have a chat with the disability office about your situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathan122)
    Saber, if you were well and hadn't done the essays, it would be extremely unlikely that you would be kicked out - as it is, it's pretty near impossible, even if they wanted to. You have the law on your side, and no university would dare to kick you out in your current situation without your prior consent. Have a chat with the disability office about your situation.
    You could be right....but surely if I can't keep up with the work they've got a perfectly legitimate reason to kick me out? Or at least demand I take a year out.

ReputationRep:
    You could be right....but surely if I can't keep up with the work they've got a perfectly legitimate reason to kick me out? Or at least demand I take a year out.
    Do these essays that you're doing at the moment count towards your final degree? If not, then no, they don't have any grounds to kick you out. Essays during the year are to help you learn about your subject and give you a framework for revision, not to assess you.

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    morning folks...now to do my spanish homework

40 mins later - just finished spanish :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Im really depressed, its getting to a point where I keep sinking down again now. Im 19 and was supposed to go to college today. I hate my life. I wish I had something to look forward to. I want to cry but no tears come.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathan122)
    Do these essays that you're doing at the moment count towards your final degree? If not, then no, they don't have any grounds to kick you out. Essays during the year are to help you learn about your subject and give you a framework for revision, not to assess you.

:hugs:
    No they're not assessed. Maybe you're right. Thanks Jonathan, feel a bit better

You ok?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andyuhoh)
    Im really depressed, its getting to a point where I keep sinking down again now. Im 19 and was supposed to go to college today. I hate my life. I wish I had something to look forward to. I want to cry but no tears come.
    :hugs: I know how it feels, being unable to cry, I'm sorry.

ReputationRep:
    I am having a hard time trying to apply for university.. Its becoming life or death to me. I'm 20 now. I haven't been able to go yet because of underlying depression which I was diagnosed with in late October. I feel like a wimp and I don't actually like my life, however I would miss my parents so much if I left. My grades are average but I have 300 Ucas points. umm

ReputationRep:
    need help
    :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    need help
    :cry:
    what's up?

ReputationRep:
    i am disgusting, will never be good enough for anything
    want to stay at home and never go out. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    I am having a hard time trying to apply for university.. Its becoming life or death to me.
    university is never life or death. It's just one life or another.

I'm 20 now. I haven't been able to go yet because of underlying depression which I was diagnosed with in late October.
    20 is still young for university, a lot of people go to university much later in life and places like the OU accept you at any age, my mum did a course when she was 55!

I feel like a wimp and I don't actually like my life, however I would miss my parents so much if I left.
    Family is important to some people, when I left my family was the one thing that I really really missed. It's easier than you think though, when you leave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    you really need to stop doing that, putting yourself down is only going to make things worse.
    At least justify what you're saying. If you're going to say that you're disgusting then think about why and tell us, I bet that you won't actually be able to reason it out. It's just a feeling that you have, a feeling you shouldn't have, it's not based in truth.

try to think of something good about you, or a recent achievement and when you feel like telling us you'll never be good enough then tell us about that as well, or instead. It can be hard to try and think of stuff, but even if it's a little thing you should focus on it, being positive about yourself helps you to feel more positive about yourself. the same is true of the reverse.

ReputationRep:
    I am having a hard time trying to apply for university.. Its becoming life or death to me. I'm 20 now. I haven't been able to go yet because of underlying depression which I was diagnosed with in late October. I feel like a wimp and I don't actually like my life, however I would miss my parents so much if I left. My grades are average but I have 300 Ucas points. umm
    university is crap. I hate it and i have 500 ucas points. It doesn't matter what number of ucas points you have...if you don't like where you study, you will be unhappy.

I'm at ucl and i hate it. I'd much have rather gone to london southbank or somewhere where people have an average of 250-260 ucas points because that's what most people got in my highshcool, and i miss hanging around with those people.

So, moral of the post is that, **** education, **** uni...**** everything...just do whatever that makes u happy. That's currently the motto I am essentially living by.

Peace to you man. I hope you chill out and find your path in life :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    you need to majorly chill and put everything in context

bunk uni/school for a day and go to a museum/park/gym/exercise.

That'll sort you out . If it doesn't, get back to me! I've been through depression and am battling it head on and have come up with some good ways of combatting it

ReputationRep:
    i just feel like i'll never be normal, nor will i ever be the person i want to be as i've ruined absolutely everything and my life is not going anywhere, atm. it's just at a standstill and it depresses me and it's christmas again and that reminds me of how it's my second christmas with tsr and it's like how could a year go by and things still be so ******* bad and it makes me think why the hell am i living in false hope that in time it will get better when it's like YEARS HAVE GONE BY and you're still ******* in a dump and it's all false hope, thus as i said i'll never ever be normal.
    and then i sob and cry and get distressed and then i feel guilty knowing there are worse-off people out there, in situations worse than me, but then i think it's still not fair, as regardless of the aforementioned fact, there are still also people that are LIVING NORMALLY and FINE and it makes me self-pity and think why, it's so unfair, why are they happy and i'm not, why aren't they suffering and i am and this happens everyday of my life

i am just so tired of it all and i am going to continue to wallow in self-pity; no one can help me, i need a miracle and i'm not going to get one thus im a lost cause.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.