Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    no never! sounds amazing though...if you remember it, do pm me it plz! i'd love to take that quiz. Sounds like a lifesaver
    I just googled for it but couldn't find anything, I'm not even sure if it's around anymore as I left school quite a few years ago. All I can find is connexions and they seem pretty useless, and pages saying to talk to people at your local jobcentre. Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    i have a headache :cry: I went to a job interview today for actuarial science and it was so boring. . I didn't really get along with any of the people, didn't like the sound of the job description, so much so that even if i get the offer i might say "**** it". I don't know what i want to do with my life...

i don't like uni, and can't seem to find anything in the real world that i like doing . Anyone in a similar boat?

what a crap day
    Yeah nothing seems enjoyable/worth while anymore....the things that used to make me happy, such as listening to my favourite band just don't work any more. I used to be so easily pleased now I'm just like...
    Hopeless.

I do like being distracted by work, like when I'm in lectures or cleaning the flat, I do that a lot to pass the time. People say I shouldn't keep cleaning the flat but it passes the time and keeps my mind off other things, I feel content doing it and I work up a bit of an appetite too which is a feeling I really long for these days.

ReputationRep:
    I know what I want to become Rachel. I want to become a postman in the lake district, north or south wales, or I want to become an RAF rescue helicopter pilot; one that goes and saves climbers and people on oil rigs!

How does that sound?

ReputationRep:
    It feels like I shouldn't be posting in here, because I feel good at the moment, but I care about you all, so how are you all doing? :hugs: to all who need it

ReputationRep:
    Just got back from my first counselling appointment, it went really well, I feel much better already

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nothos)
    It feels like I shouldn't be posting in here, because I feel good at the moment, but I care about you all, so how are you all doing? :hugs: to all who need it
    good to hear man *thumbs up*!

Same to you emsy! To many a good counselling appointment :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emsybean)
    Just got back from my first counselling appointment, it went really well, I feel much better already
    great to hear that

Things are looking up with webber, strangely him almost cheating on me and then breaking up with me seems to be what we needed to actually talk to each other. I think it'll take me a while to trust him again but overall I feel quite positive about things. oh, he ended up crying a lot and saying he still wanted to be with me which is why the breakup's sort of null and void.

ReputationRep:
    Well it's good that you're talking again
    And thank you, they really make you think though, my brain actually hurt afterwards

ReputationRep:
    Glad to hear that you are all ok. Had a bit of a strange afternoon. Don't seem to have much energy or motivation to revise for these exams on monday but I know I need to. Call me foolish but I spent time with this guy again and flat out told him that I have anxiety issues and he seemed not to be put off by it. He said he was "only joking" about saying he wanted to punch me...he apologised...should I trust him? I swore to him that if he was ever violet towards me that he would be sorry he was ever born...am I being foolish to trust him..? To allow him to get close to me? I still don't want a relationship though and I told him that, he seems to want what I just can't give him at the moment. I'm too messed up...its strange to know that someone wants me...when I know I'm a mess. I've stopped shaking as much but my appetite is close to non-existant again now...this cycle is irritating the hell out of me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    Glad to hear that you are all ok. Had a bit of a strange afternoon. Don't seem to have much energy or motivation to revise for these exams on monday but I know I need to. Call me foolish but I spent time with this guy again and flat out told him that I have anxiety issues and he seemed not to be put off by it. He said he was "only joking" about saying he wanted to punch me...he apologised...should I trust him? I swore to him that if he was ever violet towards me that he would be sorry he was ever born...am I being foolish to trust him..? To allow him to get close to me? I still don't want a relationship though and I told him that, he seems to want what I just can't give him at the moment. I'm too messed up...its strange to know that someone wants me...when I know I'm a mess. I've stopped shaking as much but my appetite is close to non-existant again now...this cycle is irritating the hell out of me.
    i'd avoid him personally. A man who even makes such a joke/threat is not worthy of any woman. I was talking to a girl on msn earlier who said a her ex started off real nice towards her but then became abusive and possessive. She wasn't allowed out and he hit her and managed to escape/leave. He now sends her abusive phone calls and called her today and left a death threat against her brother and her brothers son. .

So for that reason if I were you i'd not be with that weirdo. He sounds controlling type of guy as it is.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with blue_shift, rachel. "I'm want to punch you" (or whatever he said) isn't a "joke" at all, that's a pathetic excuse. What's more, is that you said you don't want a relationship right now (which I can totally understand) so why would you consider changing what you want for someone who hardly seems like the perfect bloke anyway?

ReputationRep:
    i'd avoid him personally. A man who even makes such a joke/threat is not worthy of any woman. I was talking to a girl on msn earlier who said a her ex started off real nice towards her but then became abusive and possessive. She wasn't allowed out and he hit her and managed to escape/leave. He now sends her abusive phone calls and called her today and left a death threat against her brother and her brothers son. .

So for that reason if I were you i'd not be with that weirdo. He sounds controlling type of guy as it is.
    Oh gosh..... :cry: thats awful.
    I've always been worried that the same would happen to me...do you think its too late to get out? What do you think I should say/do? I just want things to be as simple as they used to be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I agree with blue_shift, rachel. "I'm want to punch you" (or whatever he said) isn't a "joke" at all, that's a pathetic excuse. What's more, is that you said you don't want a relationship right now (which I can totally understand) so why would you consider changing what you want for someone who hardly seems like the perfect bloke anyway?
    Thanks for the advice. The last thing I need right now is violence.
    I don't know how to break it to him though.
    I've been so stupid!!! Its all my fault.

ReputationRep:
    Oh gosh..... :cry: thats awful.
    I've always been worried that the same would happen to me...do you think its too late to get out? What do you think I should say/do? I just want things to be as simple as they used to be
    It's never too late to get out. Just say you don't want to see him anymore for personal reasons and then say "sorry" and hang up. You don't even need to go and see him! Going to his flat might be weird cos he might try to keep you there against your will or rape you or something :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice. The last thing I need right now is violence.
    I don't know how to break it to him though.
    I've been so stupid!!! Its all my fault.
    Tell him in a public place, that way if he does get violent then you're not in as much danger.

ReputationRep:
    It's never too late to get out. Just say you don't want to see him anymore for personal reasons and then say "sorry" and hang up. You don't even need to go and see him! Going to his flat might be weird cos he might try to keep you there against your will or rape you or something :eek:
    Thanks. I just hope he can respect that. He'll get bored soon enough anyway and find someone else, I hope he does.

How are you?

ReputationRep:
    On another note, i'm feeling really guilty today and I shouldn't. Basically my sister spends too much money in uni and my parents are stressing cos she always ends up with a £0 balance and then asks them for money and they keep giving it. It's go to the stage where my dad refuses to talk to her on the phone cos he knows she will call for money. Also my mum doesn't work so she can't her the money.

So, money which my dad gives to my mum for our house shopping goes to my sister and we have less food in our house now.

Well yesterday I bought my little brother a climbing harness and bought a 30m rope, so we could go climbing together and my mum was angry that we wasted money whilst she and my dad were struggling to support my sister.

I feel so bad - should i feel guilty for buying those things when my parents are having problems supporting my sisters extravagant lifestyle? Apart from that conversation, today has been quite 'normal' and unstressful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Tell him in a public place, that way if he does get violent then you're not in as much danger.
    Ok, thanks for listening and for the advice.
    How are things for you?

ReputationRep:
    On another note, i'm feeling really guilty today and I shouldn't. Basically my sister spends too much money in uni and my parents are stressing cos she always ends up with a £0 balance and then asks them for money and they keep giving it. It's go to the stage where my dad refuses to talk to her on the phone cos he knows she will call for money. Also my mum doesn't work so she can't her the money.

So, money which my dad gives to my mum for our house shopping goes to my sister and we have less food in our house now.

Well yesterday I bought my little brother a climbing harness and bought a 30m rope, so we could go climbing together and my mum was angry that we wasted money whilst she and my dad were struggling to support my sister.

I feel so bad - should i feel guilty for buying those things when my parents are having problems supporting my sisters extravagant lifestyle? Apart from that conversation, today has been quite 'normal' and unstressful.
    Tbh, it sounds like your parents need to grow a backbone and tell your sister where to go. She's not a child anymore, she's at uni she needs to learn the value of money. No offence to your parents intended. And tbh I think buying your brother the climbing stuff is a great idea you get to bond with him and stuff and that seems a far better way to spend money than on, just guessing here, drink or whatever your sister is wasting it all on. Don't feel guilty.

Ok, thanks for listening and for the advice.
    How are things for you?
    I don't really know. I met some woman from the psychiatric team I'm transferring to today and she was nice, even into the same sport as me which is awesome. But the same things as always are bothering me. Picked out a load of long-sleeved tops to wear when I stay with my friend's family, but no idea how I'm going to do the work over the break (and extra! one of the lecturers emailed me saying it's not good enough giving it in late, he wants me to do extra work to make up for it ).

I'm scared about the stupidest things :p: my flatmates have all organised a meal together tomorrow (and invited me :eek:) but I have to try so hard not to choke when I eat around strangers :o: I usually fail and look like a ****.

ReputationRep:
    why do i keep falling into the same traps

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.