Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    On another note, i'm feeling really guilty today and I shouldn't. Basically my sister spends too much money in uni and my parents are stressing cos she always ends up with a £0 balance and then asks them for money and they keep giving it. It's go to the stage where my dad refuses to talk to her on the phone cos he knows she will call for money. Also my mum doesn't work so she can't her the money.

So, money which my dad gives to my mum for our house shopping goes to my sister and we have less food in our house now.

Well yesterday I bought my little brother a climbing harness and bought a 30m rope, so we could go climbing together and my mum was angry that we wasted money whilst she and my dad were struggling to support my sister.

I feel so bad - should i feel guilty for buying those things when my parents are having problems supporting my sisters extravagant lifestyle? Apart from that conversation, today has been quite 'normal' and unstressful.
    Ah gosh yeah money can be a real issue at Uni, I've had to really learn how to budget myself. The climbing equipment sounds like a nice gesture! You are really into it aswell aren't you which is cool, I think just enjoy going with your brother, good bonding time. I understand that you are feeling guilty given your parents current situation, I feel bad all the time when my mum tops me up ( most of the time she volunteers to do it for me). Its all the more reason to pass this first year so that the money isn't completely wasted.
    As long as you are going to use the climbing equipment then it shouldn't be too much of a problem. If you never ever use it then you would have a reason to feel guilty about it.

ReputationRep:
    meh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)

I don't really know. I met some woman from the psychiatric team I'm transferring to today and she was nice, even into the same sport as me which is awesome. But the same things as always are bothering me. Picked out a load of long-sleeved tops to wear when I stay with my friend's family, but no idea how I'm going to do the work over the break (and extra! one of the lecturers emailed me saying it's not good enough giving it in late, he wants me to do extra work to make up for it ).

I'm scared about the stupidest things :p: my flatmates have all organised a meal together tomorrow (and invited me :eek:) but I have to try so hard not to choke when I eat around strangers :o: I usually fail and look like a ****.
    Oh goshhh me too!
    My flat mate invited me to another Christmas lunch, I declined but I can't get out of my own flats Christmas lunch...I just looked at the list of food and felt like freaking out...why am I afraid of food so much? Its stupid!!! As its my 19th tomorrow my flat mate has offered to cook for me, I just hope I can eat it. SHe is an amazing cook but I just hope my brain doesn't play up again and make me loose my appetite. Even the new jeans I bought up here are failing to fit now...I really don't want to loose any more weight ( a year ago I would have loved this weight loss). Anyways I'm off to bed. Long day tomorrow. I just hope people don't make too much of a fuss over me, I quite like having low key birthdays I'm not one for attention.

Don't panic too much about the assignments just tackle them one at a time, bit by bit. And remember to enjoy your self most of all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    meh
    what trap? what's up malsy?:O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    meh
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    the traps of other people. and me, not sticking to things i say il do. grrrrrrrr

ReputationRep:
    Hi (I'm Mike). I've been getting really depressed lately (I've had it on and off since I was 12). It's been really devastating, I'd forgotten how painful it is. It's hard to cope at uni feeling like this. I don't know exactly what has caused it, but it gets particularly bad at night (does anyone else find this?). It feels so dark, it's like, I couldn't kill myself, but when I'm in that mood I wish I could, I wish there wasn't this...thing stopping me. You know you won't do it, and you know this life full of pain is just gonna go on and on and on :sigh:

well, I hope it gets better for all of you here :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotsofsnails)
    Hi (I'm Mike). I've been getting really depressed lately (I've had it on and off since I was 12). It's been really devastating, I'd forgotten how painful it is. It's hard to cope at uni feeling like this. I don't know exactly what has caused it, but it gets particularly bad at night (does anyone else find this?). It feels so dark, it's like, I couldn't kill myself, but when I'm in that mood I wish I could, I wish there wasn't this...thing stopping me. You know you won't do it, and you know this life full of pain is just gonna go on and on and on :sigh:

well, I hope it gets better for all of you here :hugs:
    :hugs: Welcome Mike. Don't worry, things will get better if you're willing to take action against it. Don't let the cycle continue. It's good that you've posted in here because there will always be someone floating about to offer you support, because that's what it boils down to, sometimes we all just need a bit of support, someone to listen to us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nothos)
    :hugs: Welcome Mike. Don't worry, things will get better if you're willing to take action against it. Don't let the cycle continue. It's good that you've posted in here because there will always be someone floating about to offer you support, because that's what it boils down to, sometimes we all just need a bit of support, someone to listen to us.
    thanks Bruce :kissing2: I'm seeing a counsellor today. I'm glad this thread's here: sometimes I feel guilty about moaning about it to my friends :o:

ReputationRep:
    I saw the counsellor; she's really nice. I think maybe it's the lack of light in winter that may be the source of it. Apparently a lot of people have this problem: there's a lot more students getting counselling in the winter and spring terms than summer. I think I might get a light box - has anyone else used one of these?

She gave me a list of distractions for when I wanna cut myself. Singing sounds a good one, it's enjoyable and requires complete concentration.

ReputationRep:
    :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turquoise1234)
    WHat's wrong darling? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Want to talk about what's up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -M$ [email protected])
    WHat's wrong darling? :hugs:
    I won't bore you with all my problems, thanks for caring though :hugs: :o:

ReputationRep:
    I won't bore you with all my problems, thanks for caring though :hugs: :o:
    Nothing's boring for me. I love listening and helping out.

I'd be glad to hear you out. :hugs:

Talk.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing's boring for me. I love listening and helping out.

I'd be glad to hear you out. :hugs:

Talk.
    :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    :unsure:
    Its up to you really.

PM if you like.

ReputationRep:
    hiya everyone!

Any fellow depressee fancy a chat?

Rachel I hope your guy problem is sorted out.

blue

ReputationRep:
    Its up to you really.

PM if you like.

Ahhh crazy week, which has wound up in me not speaking to either of my parents, although I'm not usually like that at all - I think it's to do with the loneliness of living alone, the impeding pressure of Xmas and the fact that I'm awful at my course, and there are parts I really hate

I just want to cry - which I can't as my roommate is in...

Anyone there to give me some advice?

x

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.