Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Happy birthday. :present:
    Thanks! how have you been holding up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    Thanks! how have you been holding up?
    I'm actually feeling surprisingly ok just now, much better than I was during the day. Did you get any good presents?

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually feeling surprisingly ok just now, much better than I was during the day. Did you get any good presents?
    Thats good to know . I'm feeling ok too now actually. Yeah my main presents are at home so I'll have to wait until I go back for the Christmas holidays for them ( can't believe I'm getting a Playstation and a Wii fit ...well the Wii is more a family thing). Flat mate got me some drink....(eeekkk should really tell her that it screws up my mind, but her heart was in the right place bless her!) and some nice body/bath stuff. So lucky to have her. She seems to be really understanding about my anxiety too. I remember when I had an attack on freshers week and she just walked round halls with me and talked, really helped to calm me down. She said if I ever need her, no matter what time of day, to just call if I feel a bit wobbly. :p: lovely girl!

ReputationRep:
    Bah, I'm sick of this, I'm pretty much asexual now because of my anti-depressants (Citalopram 40mg).

It's suppressing my ability to feel affection for others too, I don't really feel any attraction anymore.

Anyone else in a similar situation to me? It's really getting me down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Srxjer)
    Bah, I'm sick of this, I'm pretty much asexual now because of my anti-depressants (Citalopram 40mg).

It's suppressing my ability to feel affection for others too, I don't really feel any attraction anymore.

Anyone else in a similar situation to me? It's really getting me down.
    Yeah, I feel pretty much indifferent to everything, especially other people. On the other hand, I've more or less stopped caring about not caring.

Is the citalopram doing anything good for you? I was on it but I hated it.

ReputationRep:
    i'm having a good day! . I got a call from BT's CEO's PA or someone high up to tell me that BT are abolishing indian call centres. I am so happy! I might even stay with BT now, haha!

Let's hope they can sort my internet out quickly so that my mum gets off my back (my mum moans to me after ever disconnection and I have to call up BT cos my mum's english is crap)

ReputationRep:
    hello everybody. just joined and want to be part of the society. not feelin well at all. cant tell nobody. have no friends. just wanted to know those who work how do u cope. at work im a different person. but its so hard its like my inside is rippin apart.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm. Been feeling completely blank all day then suddenly 10 minutes ago got all shaky and panicky for absolutely no reason. This is just getting ridiculous, who the **** has panic attacks lying in bed?

How is everyone?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm. Been feeling completely blank all day then suddenly 10 minutes ago got all shaky and panicky for absolutely no reason. This is just getting ridiculous, who the **** has panic attacks lying in bed?

How is everyone?
    I have before :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emsybean)
    I have before :o:
    Well at least it's not just me then... Know any good ways of stopping them? My GP told me to do breathing exercises but I swear they actually make me feel worse.

ReputationRep:
    I usually go and get a glass of water or take some deep breaths...sometimes I go for a walk as well, it depends how bad they are tbh

ReputationRep:

How is everyone?
    Me too!

I drink cammomile tea which usually helps witht he shaking and rapid heart beat. Going for walks does help too, burns off the adrenaline.

I could be better. The fire alarm at our halls is broken so it went off all night, every other hour it would just go off randomly so I've hardly had any sleep. Just woke up from a nap and I feel so tired, but I need to revise.
    My gosh I just need to get a grip on my life. There are worse things that could happen to me but I just feel so...bbbllaahhh.

ReputationRep:
    Me too!

I drink cammomile tea which usually helps witht he shaking and rapid heart beat. Going for walks does help too, burns off the adrenaline.

I could be better. The fire alarm at our halls is broken so it went off all night, every other hour it would just go off randomly so I've hardly had any sleep. Just woke up from a nap and I feel so tired, but I need to revise.
    My gosh I just need to get a grip on my life. There are worse things that could happen to me but I just feel so...bbbllaahhh.
    Never mind, everybody feels like crap when they've got exams. Have you tried listening to classical music when revising? It's supposed to help you concentrate.

ReputationRep:
    Never mind, everybody feels like crap when they've got exams. Have you tried listening to classical music when revising? It's supposed to help you concentrate.
    Yeah it does tend to work. Also listening to religious music ( as I'm religious), helps. I just want things to get better you know...there is only so much someone can take.:eek3:

Hope you are ok

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it does tend to work. Also listening to religious music ( as I'm religious), helps. I just want things to get better you know...there is only so much someone can take.:eek3:

Hope you are ok
    hi rachel

how are you today; how did your man thing go? you sort it out?

ReputationRep:
    hey, how are you all doing today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    hey, how are you all doing today?
    hi im mike, what's your name?

i'm doing crap, how r u?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotsofsnails)
    hi im mike, what's your name?

i'm doing crap, how r u?
    Kat, not doing so good either.

what's making you low today? anything in particular?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    hi rachel

how are you today; how did your man thing go? you sort it out?
    Hi!

I'm ok now, had a bit of a funny turn earlier ( probably due to lack of sleep) but I managed to get over a panic attack and finish my dinner. I just can't wait to go home and get things sorted. Just listening to motivational sermons too about depression, little things that make me feel better.

As for the man thing, well I told him that girls don't like possessive guys and that I wont be coming back to his room again and that I just want to remain freinds. He seemed to take it well. I also told him that I can't give him what he wants...sooo yeah...lets just hope that is the last of that.

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Mike!
    Sorry to hear you aren't doing to well, same to you Kat. I guess its been a pretty crappy day for all of us :cry:. There is always tomorrow though.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.