Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turquoise1234)
    It doesn't have to be like that; you need to try and find a different solution to your problems. What's exactly is causing your depression?, if you don't want to write it here you can PM.
    No cause. Just something wrong inside me. I've stopped believing I'll get better, everyone who knows what's going on thinks I'm going to kill myself (including my doctor). Feels like I'm just waiting for things to get bad enough that I'll actually do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    No cause. Just something wrong inside me. I've stopped believing I'll get better, everyone who knows what's going on thinks I'm going to kill myself (including my doctor). Feels like I'm just waiting for things to get bad enough that I'll actually do it.
    Do you have many people that you can talk to about your depression? Is there anything in your life which makes you happy? like a hobby or something. What kind of things are you interested in? I would just try and concentrate on the things that make you happy about and not give yourself time to get depressed.

Again feel free to Pm whenever.

ReputationRep:
    Do you have many people that you can talk to about your depression? Is there anything in your life which makes you happy? like a hobby or something. What kind of things are you interested in? I would just try and concentrate on the things that make you happy about and not give yourself time to get depressed.

Again feel free to Pm whenever.
    Yeah, I've got a couple of friends I can talk to. Reading about people being mauled by Russian ice-skating bears makes me happy

ReputationRep:
    kiss_me_now9 I'm so sorry to hear about your Nan, I hope she gets better soon, and you said she's only 65 so she's still young and will probably have a lot of fight in her. Don't stop hoping, and just stick together as a family because she will need all of your support.

Hope everyone is ok today. Christmas wasn't too bad, minus the fact that I was feeling sick in the morning ( didn't help being surounded by lots of food but I did manage to eat without having an attack), I feel like I'm regaining a bit of control with how I feel when there is lots of food around...I was actually dreading Christmas but it turned out to be ok. I'm just thankful that I'm home really, part of me doesn't really want to go back to living at Uni...I don't want to get a shared house next year but I've already agreed with friends that I would.

Was doing a bit of thinking yesterday ( a curse I have), and even though I may not be as happy as I used to be I'm trying to focus on coping, as long as I can get through one day to the next and try and do stuff for other people then it will get my mind off of everything...hopefully.

I'm becoming really paranoid though. This guy who has been giving me a lot of attention recently has been playing on my mind. Like Blue_shift86 said I should really stay away from him because he "joked" that he felt like punching me, but with all the nice texts he has been sending me I feel like I'm worth something, like I'm worth loving and I don't want to loose that feeling. I like that feeling of closeness when we were together and he was hugging me. I think I've grown to like him a bit too but I'm SO scared of what could happen, of ever falling in love and trusting...
    My sister said she doesn't want to be around when I get hurt and to be honest I don't think I'd be able to cope either, I'd have no one to turn to. I'm afraid he will hurt me, he seems a bit...well not obsessive but he tells me that he misses me and asked me if there was something going on between me and my flat mate ( there isn't we're just really good friends, more like brother and sister lol).
    I just want things to be simple, for me to feel safe, and that I can trust him...but I don't know whether this fear is irrational paranoia or if I should stay away from him. I enjoy his freindship but what if its all an act and I end up another case story...a victim of an obsessive boyfriend?
    Whats the point in love anyway? I don't need it, I'm fine on my own, I'm happy only having to trust and rely on my self, I don't know why I'm worried about it because I'm not ever going to be more than freinds with him anyway.
    (Sorry for the rant, really needed to get that off of my chest. Congrats if you actually read all of that lol )

ReputationRep:
    I'm not allowed to go and see her until tomorrow, they want me to go and work tonight :cry: Last thing in the world I want to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    I'm not allowed to go and see her until tomorrow, they want me to go and work tonight :cry: Last thing in the world I want to do.
    :hugs: sorry about that. It might help to keep you occupied for a while. Just hang in there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    :hugs: sorry about that. It might help to keep you occupied for a while. Just hang in there.
    Doubt it, that job (I work in a nightclub behind the bar) stresses me out at the best of times

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Doubt it, that job (I work in a nightclub behind the bar) stresses me out at the best of times
    Oh gosh must be stressful. Cant you just explain to your family that you just really want to with your Nan

ReputationRep:
    :cry:

ReputationRep:
    thanks a lot for the pm turquoise.

what's wrong?:hugs:

I don't know what's happenign to me (well i do, but...) my eyes are so bloodshot, i could barely open them earlier. meh. sleeping at 5 :30 am and getting up at 12 is bs imo.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, what the hell is wrong with me!! One minute i'm fine and the next i'm not.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, what the hell is wrong with me!! One minute i'm fine and the next i'm not.
    I've been exactly the same today, about an hour ago I was crying my eyes out for no reason and now I'm fine (I've just had some cake though, so that might be why :o:). But I'm not normally like this, it happened yesterday as well...it's just winding me up, and slightly scaring me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emsybean)
    I've been exactly the same today, about an hour ago I was crying my eyes out for no reason and now I'm fine (I've just had some cake though, so that might be why :o:). But I'm not normally like this, it happened yesterday as well...it's just winding me up, and slightly scaring me
    Cake :coma: that's a good idea; i think i'll stuff my face with junk food .
    Yeah it's horrid; i hate feeling like this.

ReputationRep:
    Why can't they just understand that sometimes, I need an hour or two on my own to cry, scream, vent and do whatever the hell I want to get rid of all the :snow::snow::snow::snow:, angry thoughts that I can't repress hard enough? Why do they always have to :snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow: follow me and then spend the next two hours shouting about how much of an awful person I am, how I'll never hold down a job, how I'm not worth their time? I :snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow: hate my family sometimes :cry: I want to go and see my Nan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emsybean)
    :console: About 3 hours ago i was literally feeling suicidal! After a nap I feel much better. Get better soon xxx

ReputationRep:
    I've spent hours crying tonight. Feel so sad and I have noone in real life to talk to. Not that talking would probably help much. My friend died of cancer in the summer and I miss her so much.
    I feel like there's noone,nowhere and nothing I really like in my life at the moment. I wish I could see the sea, I think that might help. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rileigh)
    I've spent hours crying tonight. Feel so sad and I have noone in real life to talk to. Not that talking would probably help much. My friend died of cancer in the summer and I miss her so much.
    I feel like there's noone,nowhere and nothing I really like in my life at the moment. I wish I could see the sea, I think that might help. :o:
    :console: Talk to me if you like...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rileigh)
    i have an awesome video of the sea; its 35mb in size; if u pm me your email address i can email it to you? it's amazing. i took the video in pembrokeshire, wales

pm me if u want to talk about your grief too; i'm a gd listener, all the best!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    i have an awesome video of the sea; its 35mb in size; if u pm me your email address i can email it to you? it's amazing. i took the video in pembrokeshire, wales

pm me if u want to talk about your grief too; i'm a gd listener, all the best!
    do you mind me pming you?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.