no - i'm having a bad day Rachel :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    no - i'm having a bad day Rachel :cry:
    :hugs: whats up ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    :hugs: whats up ?
    i'm feeling lonely and unwanted. I have no friends . I texted one guy to ask if he wanted to hang out and yesterday he said no and today he ignored my text. Everyone has gone out and i'm home alone, bored, lonely and becoming increasingly depressed. I might go to a museum or library to cheer myself up .

ReputationRep:
    Awww ^ *big hugs* I'm sorry the guy ignored you, it's hard when people don't seem to want to talk to you. I'm sure it wasn't anything person hun.

How was everyone's Christmas? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Susieannah)
    Awww ^ *big hugs* I'm sorry the guy ignored you, it's hard when people don't seem to want to talk to you. I'm sure it wasn't anything person hun.

How was everyone's Christmas? x
    Much better than anticipated thanks. Hope your's was ok!

ReputationRep:
    I had a good Christmas, though I had so little energy! I just wasn't in the right spirit I don't think. Which sucks because normally I adore Christmas I think it's the new meds *scowls*

How about everyone else?

Anyone got any interesting New Year's eve plans?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Susieannah)
    I had a good Christmas, though I had so little energy! I just wasn't in the right spirit I don't think. Which sucks because normally I adore Christmas I think it's the new meds *scowls*

How about everyone else?

Anyone got any interesting New Year's eve plans?
    Meh, been managing to act like I'm alright around my family, which is more than I'd hoped for. Still feel like :snow::snow::snow::snow: though.

edit: These :snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow: snowflakes are pissing me off. I don't want my swearwords replaced by pretty sparkly twinkly things. *******S!

ReputationRep:
    Hey Everyone.

This is really hard for me to type this right now. I have never talked about it to anyone before and I don't know why. I think maybe its because I don't trust people or how my parents will respond. Sometimes I feel really angry at myself for being depressed mainly because I feel like other people have bigger problems than me and I am just being selfish and I should suck it up and stop feeling depressed.

I think I have been depressed since I was in high school. I was bullied both at primary & High school and always felt like the outsider compared to everyone else. I began losing trust in people as family friends did some horrible stuff to our family and had friends who stab me in the back. This began to affect my friendship with people and increasingly became suspicious of people.

My depression became better at college as I enjoyed my time their and made some decent friends even though sometimes I felt excluded.

However I began uni and for some reason I was unable to make any friends, yes I met many people however no one I would call a friend. As time got by I thought things would get better however it got worse. All the friends I made at home started to drift away and even though I would try and get in contact I barley got any response from them. In fact I meet up with 2 of my friends during the summer and one of them was really rude and cold towards me.

This made me become increasingly suspicious towards people and sometimes I get paranoid thinking that people do not like me and its all my fault that I have not made friends and sometimes blame it on the fact that im not pretty and very outgoing

Since the start of 2nd year of uni things have become really bad and my depression has took it toll for the worst. It has now really affected my uni work and I remember when for 2 whole weeks I could barley sleep, was overeating, crying, having serious pains in my back, skipped lots of my lectures and classes and at one point I almost had a panic attack. I tried making friends with people at the beginning of the year, at my hall but again I started to isolate myself and became suspicious of people. Every time my parents call me I became snappy and angry at them for no reason with my mum suspecting that something was wrong however I just told her that I had a cold during those 2 weeks.

Now I am at home for xmas I have become snappy at mum all the time and don't want to be around my family. Sometimes I feel that they are better off without me and I am useless and bring the family down. I am always tired and sleeping and my mum keeps complaining about me. Sometimes I feel like telling her but I feel like she won't understand. I have even become paranoid about my family thinking that I can't trust me when I shouldn't as they are decent parents just anoying at times.

Im scared to go back to uni and don't know how much longer I can cope on my own. Sometimes I hate myself for feeling this way and worried that I will have another terrible episode like I did for 2 weeks again. One minute I go from a high and then something small will happen or just suddenly I become depressed again.

Sorry for the long thread just needed to say something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrisateen)
    Hey Everyone.

This is really hard for me to type this right now. I have never talked about it to anyone before and I don't know why. I think maybe its because I don't trust people or how my parents will respond. Sometimes I feel really angry at myself for being depressed mainly because I feel like other people have bigger problems than me and I am just being selfish and I should suck it up and stop feeling depressed.

I think I have been depressed since I was in high school. I was bullied both at primary & High school and always felt like the outsider compared to everyone else. I began losing trust in people as family friends did some horrible stuff to our family and had friends who stab me in the back. This began to affect my friendship with people and increasingly became suspicious of people.

My depression became better at college as I enjoyed my time their and made some decent friends even though sometimes I felt excluded.

However I began uni and for some reason I was unable to make any friends, yes I met many people however no one I would call a friend. As time got by I thought things would get better however it got worse. All the friends I made at home started to drift away and even though I would try and get in contact I barley got any response from them. In fact I meet up with 2 of my friends during the summer and one of them was really rude and cold towards me.

This made me become increasingly suspicious towards people and sometimes I get paranoid thinking that people do not like me and its all my fault that I have not made friends and sometimes blame it on the fact that im not pretty and very outgoing

Since the start of 2nd year of uni things have become really bad and my depression has took it toll for the worst. It has now really affected my uni work and I remember when for 2 whole weeks I could barley sleep, was overeating, crying, having serious pains in my back, skipped lots of my lectures and classes and at one point I almost had a panic attack. I tried making friends with people at the beginning of the year, at my hall but again I started to isolate myself and became suspicious of people. Every time my parents call me I became snappy and angry at them for no reason with my mum suspecting that something was wrong however I just told her that I had a cold during those 2 weeks.

Now I am at home for xmas I have become snappy at mum all the time and don't want to be around my family. Sometimes I feel that they are better off without me and I am useless and bring the family down. I am always tired and sleeping and my mum keeps complaining about me. Sometimes I feel like telling her but I feel like she won't understand. I have even become paranoid about my family thinking that I can't trust me when I shouldn't as they are decent parents just anoying at times.

Im scared to go back to uni and don't know how much longer I can cope on my own. Sometimes I hate myself for feeling this way and worried that I will have another terrible episode like I did for 2 weeks again. One minute I go from a high and then something small will happen or just suddenly I become depressed again.

:console: Yeah, depression is horrible. Telling someone is probably the way to go though. Doesn't have to be your parents - you could see a doctor or your uni counselling service. Try not to hate yourself, cos this really isn't your fault.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Everyone.

Sorry you've been having such a bad time . like superwolf said, have you tried talking to a doctor/counsellor? Maybe telling your parents that you have been having a hard time at Uni might help them to understand? I've been honest with mum and she seems to sort of understand even though I thought she wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry you've been having such a bad time . like superwolf said, have you tried talking to a doctor/counsellor? Maybe telling your parents that you have been having a hard time at Uni might help them to understand? I've been honest with mum and she seems to sort of understand even though I thought she wouldn't.
    My parents know that Im lonely at uni but I don't think they know the extent to how much it is affecting me. No I haven't been to a counsellor or doctor just as I don't feel ready for it plus it may mean me having to go on medication which I heard have bad side effects

ReputationRep:

I had to do something a bit awkward today and it's just
    How is everyone?

ReputationRep:
    My parents know that Im lonely at uni but I don't think they know the extent to how much it is affecting me. No I haven't been to a counsellor or doctor just as I don't feel ready for it plus it may mean me having to go on medication which I heard have bad side effects
    I would really recommend seeing a counsellor ( it helped me a bit), but everyone responds to it differently I guess. It helped me to make sense of things and how I'm feeling and helped me feel more in control of my situation and bettering my relationships with my family.
    As for medication, I must admit thats one of the reasons as to why I haven't seen the doctor yet. I'm scared they will shove pills down my throat too but its your choice at the end of the day to go on meds or not they can't force you. Personally I'd prefer therapy etc to get to the source of the problem but if meds help witht he physical symptoms ( like for me panic attacks and head aches/insomnia) then I'll be open minded to them.
    Don't feel like you are alone in this, mental health problems/depression etc are more common than you think. With the right treatment and attitude you will come through. :hugs:
    Do you think there was anything in particular which may have set this off? I think for me it was an accumulation of things, it slowly crept up on me from the beginning of the year and only really became a major problem when I moved to Uni this year. I'm a bit of a wreck but I've come a long way since September which I guess is something to smile about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)

I had to do something a bit awkward today and it's just
    How is everyone?
    :hugs:
    I'm not too bad thanks, still haven't managed to have a good nights sleep but I'm not so glum today. Hope you are ok.

ReputationRep:
    God, I'm having a bad day, I'm saying things I don't mean to say, and thiking things I don't mean to think and THIS IS NOT ME.
    I have every reason to be happy, I have an awesome life, but it's all so meh right now. I just want to sleep until I can get to a chemist to get my meds. I'm just so apathetic and my mind is cloudy and my sleep's so :snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow: disturbed and my mind's just playing constant tricks on me.
    I am lucky my mum's been through SSRI withdrawal and thus doesn't mind me acting this way. I just feel sick. Sleepy. Depersonalised.
    Yet, to people, I'm normal. Acting fine, smiling, making conversation that makes sense to them; but when I look back at it all, it makes no sense.
    :hugs: to those in need

ReputationRep:
    I had a really bad panic attack before, the first one I've had since getting diagnosed - damn PC World for adding on the tech support without asking me :/

Hi there, i am new to this thread but thought i should make a comment.

I am 32 and a married mum of 3 girls, not currently working but i was but had to stop. I recently started college on the access course studying psychology Biology and sociology (hate sociology!).

I have officially been depressed for over a year now, though i have suffered on and off since my teens but not admitting it to anyone!.
    I have been on medication for this past year and they have helped me no end and i am currently thinking of trying to come off them as soon as i finish college in June then i have the summer hols to come off them, now i do feel god about that then i suddenly think can i really do it?? be off the pills and start uni???

I am having little mini panic attacks over starting uni, with the money sorting and the travel i really worry over public transport os have got to go in my car, oh and making sure my kids will be sorted for school drop off and pick ups ect.

Now i have found while looking at all the stuff on student financing and it seems there is a chance if i get a letter off my doc that i could claim a bit of extra money the students disability allowance to help, this would help no end with keeping my car running.

I am loving college right now but do find i have days where i just can`t get anything done as my mind is not in the right place or i am just too exhausted (for no reason!) but the psychology lessons i am loving and do look forward to doing it at uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emsybean)
    I had a really bad panic attack before, the first one I've had since getting diagnosed - damn PC World for adding on the tech support without asking me :/
    :hugs: panic attacks aren't cool, I hate them, you feel so helpless. Best thing to do is to burn off the adrenaline with a walk/deep breaths and a cup of chamomile tea. Usually works for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isis Black)
    Hi there, i am new to this thread but thought i should make a comment.

I am 32 and a married mum of 3 girls, not currently working but i was but had to stop. I recently started college on the access course studying psychology Biology and sociology (hate sociology!).

I have officially been depressed for over a year now, though i have suffered on and off since my teens but not admitting it to anyone!.
    I have been on medication for this past year and they have helped me no end and i am currently thinking of trying to come off them as soon as i finish college in June then i have the summer hols to come off them, now i do feel god about that then i suddenly think can i really do it?? be off the pills and start uni???

I am having little mini panic attacks over starting uni, with the money sorting and the travel i really worry over public transport os have got to go in my car, oh and making sure my kids will be sorted for school drop off and pick ups ect.

Now i have found while looking at all the stuff on student financing and it seems there is a chance if i get a letter off my doc that i could claim a bit of extra money the students disability allowance to help, this would help no end with keeping my car running.

I am loving college right now but do find i have days where i just can`t get anything done as my mind is not in the right place or i am just too exhausted (for no reason!) but the psychology lessons i am loving and do look forward to doing it at uni.
    Welcome

Ah yeah all the preparation for Uni was really stressful for me especially student finance, at one point I was considering either not bothing with Uni or not bothering to apply for accommodation and living in a tent haha. I studied biology at A level and loved it, really wish I did psycology though, might go back to college and do it one day.

Sorry to hear you've been having a hard time and suffering from panic attacks, they've be come pretty much the norm for me now since I've moved to Uni which sucks . Are you on meds for it? If not have you tried chamomile tea? It helps me with the attacks and the sleepless/disturbed nights. I drink the stuff by the gallon when I'm away from home lol.

ReputationRep:
    I would really recommend seeing a counsellor ( it helped me a bit), but everyone responds to it differently I guess. It helped me to make sense of things and how I'm feeling and helped me feel more in control of my situation and bettering my relationships with my family.
    As for medication, I must admit thats one of the reasons as to why I haven't seen the doctor yet. I'm scared they will shove pills down my throat too but its your choice at the end of the day to go on meds or not they can't force you. Personally I'd prefer therapy etc to get to the source of the problem but if meds help witht he physical symptoms ( like for me panic attacks and head aches/insomnia) then I'll be open minded to them.
    Don't feel like you are alone in this, mental health problems/depression etc are more common than you think. With the right treatment and attitude you will come through. :hugs:
    Do you think there was anything in particular which may have set this off? I think for me it was an accumulation of things, it slowly crept up on me from the beginning of the year and only really became a major problem when I moved to Uni this year. I'm a bit of a wreck but I've come a long way since September which I guess is something to smile about
    I'm not sure I think it just slowly got worse over time. Maybe I may see someone in the near future when I have the guts to do it

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.