Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrisateen)
    I'm not sure I think it just slowly got worse over time. Maybe I may see someone in the near future when I have the guts to do it
    Aww, remember its up to you but I wouldn't leave it for too long as the problem can often worsen. Maybe start off is counselling first and then when you are ready see a doctor if things don't improve.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    Aww, remember its up to you but I wouldn't leave it for too long as the problem can often worsen. Maybe start off is counselling first and then when you are ready see a doctor if things don't improve.
    I know I should but for some reason I haven't and I don't know why. Plus even if I go Im worried about what I am going to say. Plus I really need to be im my depressive state for me to say what I need to say

ReputationRep:
    hi guys, how are you all?

(Original post by RachelOranges)
    Welcome

Ah yeah all the preparation for Uni was really stressful for me especially student finance, at one point I was considering either not bothing with Uni or not bothering to apply for accommodation and living in a tent haha. I studied biology at A level and loved it, really wish I did psycology though, might go back to college and do it one day.

Sorry to hear you've been having a hard time and suffering from panic attacks, they've be come pretty much the norm for me now since I've moved to Uni which sucks . Are you on meds for it? If not have you tried chamomile tea? It helps me with the attacks and the sleepless/disturbed nights. I drink the stuff by the gallon when I'm away from home lol.
    Oh yeah i am on meds, jsut over a yer now ever since i finally got the strength to go to the doctors, and he has been great. I have been doing so well and feeling great and really loving college but since this uni application stuff i have started to get a bit worried over things but i do really want to go and really excited (but scared :snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow: too lol) I am due to go back for my checkup next month so will make sure i mention it to the doc and also ask him for a letter to say i have been diagnosed with the depression

I'm not sure I think it just slowly got worse over time. Maybe I may see someone in the near future when I have the guts to do it
    Hi there, i remember when i felt like that! i have been on and off depressive since i was a teen, but so happily married and got 3 lovely kids, the doctor and me cannot pinpoint what is exactly causing it.

It took me till i was near rock bottom till i got to the doctors and i was sooo scared sitting there waiting to see him and wondering the whole time what i was going to say, but when i got in there he was great and so supportive, he got me to fill in a short quesiotnnaire to start with which then helped him work out what level of depression i was at, it worked out that i was moderate! since then i have been on citalopram which to begin with i felt really orrible and thought it wasnt working but after a month they began to work!
    It does help to talk to friends though i have found! and found out some of them are the same! lol
    You will one day think i cannot take this and need to do something!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    hi guys, how are you all?
    Fairly bored and miserable. Could be worse though. You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Fairly bored and miserable. Could be worse though. You?
    nothing to complain of ta, just thought i'd check in as I haven't really kept up with the thread in a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isis Black)
    Oh yeah i am on meds, jsut over a yer now ever since i finally got the strength to go to the doctors, and he has been great. I have been doing so well and feeling great and really loving college but since this uni application stuff i have started to get a bit worried over things but i do really want to go and really excited (but scared :snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow: too lol) I am due to go back for my checkup next month so will make sure i mention it to the doc and also ask him for a letter to say i have been diagnosed with the depression
    Thats nice to hear such positive feed back in terms of doctor support, quite encouraging for me actually as I've been putting it off for a long time. I only really felt that there has been a significant change in my moods/behaviour since January of this year with all the stress and strain of A levels, family disagreements and issues at college. It all sort of accumulated and sprung up on me but I thought it would pass, it clearly hasn't though.
    I hope that you are able to get the letter and an exemption. I've just recieved another form from student finance for next year....I can feel my blood boiling already just thinking about it. :mad:
    Its better to just get it done early though, thats the best advice I can give. I completed mine before the deadline and still had issues with them until the last minute before term started.

Death.drop
    I'm not too bad thanks, feeling a bit irritable but I'm going to have a little play on the playstation to ease that. Hope you are ok

[QUOTE=RachelOranges]Thats nice to hear such positive feed back in terms of doctor support, quite encouraging for me actually as I've been putting it off for a long time. I only really felt that there has been a significant change in my moods/behaviour since January of this year with all the stress and strain of A levels, family disagreements and issues at college. It all sort of accumulated and sprung up on me but I thought it would pass, it clearly hasn't though.
    I hope that you are able to get the letter and an exemption. I've just recieved another form from student finance for next year....I can feel my blood boiling already just thinking about it. :mad:
    Its better to just get it done early though, thats the best advice I can give. I completed mine before the deadline and still had issues with them until the last minute before term started.
    [B][QUOTE]

Oh it has been a real big help that the doc has been supportive, and yes it is really scary when you first go to see them as you have no idea how they will react but once you have said something it does lift a big weight off!!! I find i can get tired very easily and days when i try to get work done but i just find that i havent got the umph in me, I really want to do well at this and i am determind that my depression isn`t going to get the better of me, but it is easier said than done lol.
    I do think if i can get the disability allowance it will help to take that worry off of me with regards to travelling as i would put all that money to keeping my car in good state :yes:
    I think i may have also finally worked out that my mood still goes down awhen its that time of the month ah the joys of being a woman lol finally had that converstion with my eldest today god that was scary :yes: :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isis Black)
    Hi there, i remember when i felt like that! i have been on and off depressive since i was a teen, but so happily married and got 3 lovely kids, the doctor and me cannot pinpoint what is exactly causing it.

It took me till i was near rock bottom till i got to the doctors and i was sooo scared sitting there waiting to see him and wondering the whole time what i was going to say, but when i got in there he was great and so supportive, he got me to fill in a short quesiotnnaire to start with which then helped him work out what level of depression i was at, it worked out that i was moderate! since then i have been on citalopram which to begin with i felt really orrible and thought it wasnt working but after a month they began to work!
    It does help to talk to friends though i have found! and found out some of them are the same! lol
    You will one day think i cannot take this and need to do something!
    Thanks for the advice its nice to know that other people are going through the same thing

ReputationRep:
    Just gave myself a massive panic attack, I am really not feeling good about myself right now.

Thanks for the advice its nice to know that other people are going through the same thing
    Hey no problem!!! its really good to know that you are not alone it has a calming effect to know that there are others out there who are gong through it all and can be there to offer advice and receive advice in return when you need it!

Hey Superwolf try not to get yourself all worked up! go and do something you enjoy ie for me its watch tv (possibly too much tv lol) or just surf the net, if you are like my hubby play a game on a console! (which he at times plays too much lol but it keeps him out of trouble :-p)

ReputationRep:
    I'm so :snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow: stupid, every time I'm idiotic enough to think I might actually be feeling a bit better it always comes back to this, just wanting to die and when I kill myself I'm going to :snow::snow::snow::snow: everything up for everybody like the selfish little :snow::snow::snow::snow: that I am. I'm so sick of feeling like this.

Hey there superwolf, you have done the first thing in admitting you know there is a problem, the next step you need to take is to go see your doctor who will give you all the help you need.

I know it is easier said than done but i have been there and know exactly how you feel, and when i was feeling so low i did used to think whats the point but didnt dare do anything, to scared of hurting myself lol not good with pain haha but it was having my hubby and kids that prevented me from doing myself any harm but i did and still do worry if i didnt have them what would i do. But as soon as i told the doc it really did help and he has been brill since day 1! hell i have been so happy alately that i have considered coming off the pills in the new year over the summer hols, but i am wonding now if that is a good idea as i have been having a few anxiety worries and a few small panic attacks over my college work and going to University!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    I'm so :snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow: stupid, every time I'm idiotic enough to think I might actually be feeling a bit better it always comes back to this, just wanting to die and when I kill myself I'm going to :snow::snow::snow::snow: everything up for everybody like the selfish little :snow::snow::snow::snow: that I am. I'm so sick of feeling like this.
    I know exactly how you feel. One minute its like you feel like its gone and its never coming back and then the next minute you start to hate yourself agina. I hope someday this cycle will end for us before it is too late

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8427120.stm

I read this and it just basically sums up the sort of people i live with . I hate my life. I have no friends, my parents wont let me have a non indian gf, they're really strict and don't like me going out or spending my own money. Today my mum even tried to choose which curtains I was to buy and I was the one paying and it was to go in my room :eek:

How did I end up in such a crap situation, living with my parents at the age of 23?

The sooner I die the sooner this nightmare will be over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)

I read this and it just basically sums up the sort of people i live with . I hate my life. I have no friends, my parents wont let me have a non indian gf, they're really strict and don't like me going out or spending my own money. Today my mum even tried to choose which curtains I was to buy and I was the one paying and it was to go in my room :eek:

How did I end up in such a crap situation, living with my parents at the age of 23?

I just read that, sounds like a horrible sort of a situation to be in, especially when you're depressed. I've only been staying with my family for a week and I'm already crawling up the walls. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)

Maybe you should try going out of the house more often to avoid your family? Plus my parents are very strict and overprotective too

ReputationRep:
    Right now Im upset again just thinking about life. My mum shouted at me for going on the internet looking at stuff to buy even though I have not bought anything. Then she started going on about debt and when I try to put my view across that I had no bought anything she told me to shutup. This is why I feel I can't tell her anything as she would find a way to make me feel stupid for mentioning it in the first place

ATM Im angry for existing and wish I had the guts to kill myself. Existing seriously does my head in as I hate being part of this World.

ReputationRep:
    argh, my throat is officially the most disgusting thing I've ever seen. my tonsils now look like tiny brains taking up the whole of my throat, there's puss coming out of everywhere and it's got blisters all over. it looks like something's decaying back there.
    I don't actually feel too bad (other than the pain and the swallowing) but I'd like to avoid work until I've been to the doctor just to check it's not something really contagious or anything but my dad's the only one in today so I have to go

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.