Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    :grouphugs: to everyone, especially blue and kiss me now.

ReputationRep:
    My day just got worse (how is that even possible?! I've only just bloody woken up!) by a tide of '...is back at uni ' statuses on my FaceBook :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    My day just got worse (how is that even possible?! I've only just bloody woken up!) by a tide of '...is back at uni ' statuses on my FaceBook :cry:
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    know the feeling
    I didn't even get to see anyone this holiday because I've been ill for so long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grape:))
    The exam wasn't that bad, some stuff about blood, leaves and a lot about active transport (all the best bits:rolleyes: ) But I probably could have done better if I didn't miss out on an 8 mark question!:woo: Ahhh well, I'm guessing you'll master it fine

Is this a new car? After the crash of the old one? I mean you obviously have the best reasons for poor attendance, my reasons consist of drinking too much coffee in the hut and forgetting I have lessons... and that's the lot :p:

xxx
    Ahh :beard: I don't know when I'll be doing the exam, hopefully never :p: I can dream anyway

Same car as I crashed... i have a super grandad who amazingly managed to fix everything up on it so thats its driveable :awesome:

Haha drinking too much coffee and staying in the hut seems like a good reason for missing lessons to me tbh xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuicidalLemming)
    Ahh :beard: I don't know when I'll be doing the exam, hopefully never :p: I can dream anyway

Same car as I crashed... i have a super grandad who amazingly managed to fix everything up on it so thats its driveable :awesome:

Haha drinking too much coffee and staying in the hut seems like a good reason for missing lessons to me tbh xxx
    You obviously have a genius granddad!

If we do go back on Monday then it's only a month and 3 days until half term again:cool: we're sorted:cool:

:beard: See you in college at some point :woo: :woo: :woo: :p: xxx

ReputationRep:
    Mmmm... Random question guys; you don't have to answer it if you don't want. But I'd appreciate replies!

What keeps you here? What stops you from just walking off the edge of the earth right now? I really don't know what it is for me. I have a family that love me, great friends who support me, a job, another chance at uni, a safe, warm and clean shelter, anything I want that I can afford. But I'm not happy and I don't know how to make myself happy. =/

ReputationRep:
    Mmmm... Random question guys; you don't have to answer it if you don't want. But I'd appreciate replies!

What keeps you here? What stops you from just walking off the edge of the earth right now? I really don't know what it is for me. I have a family that love me, great friends who support me, a job, another chance at uni, a safe, warm and clean shelter, anything I want that I can afford. But I'm not happy and I don't know how to make myself happy. =/
    hi!

I find that thinking about the future makes me very depressed so I try to think more short term now (day to day!). It's kinda been okish, but bad at the same time cos thinking day by day i've managed to spend £150 this last week...but hey - on the bright side i'm not dead :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bossa Nova)
    Argh all of this revision is seriously making me stressed over the exams:sad: I feel so scared over what I'm going to get, plus I have the added pressure of wanting to do Law at university and a twin brother that I'm constantly competing with. I feel worthless:nothing: Help?
    pray for snow!!!

ReputationRep:

Guilt, mostly, about how much I'd **** up other people's lives if I killed myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Guilt, mostly, about how much I'd **** up other people's lives if I killed myself.
    i've never thought that superwolf cos i don't think anyone cares for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    i've never thought that superwolf cos i don't think anyone cares for me
    :console: But just think how much enjoyment your granny must get from pissing you off... you wouldn't want to deprive a harmless old woman of what is probably her main source of pleasure, would you?

ReputationRep:

I love my family too much to do it to them. I used to think that they'd be better off without me but I think I've grown up a bit now and realised how much love people have in them, that they'll take the good with the bad and would rather go out of their way to support you than to take the easy option out, so I should do my absolute best to keep pushing on, to not take my easy way out.

that, and I'm not sure which would be worse - them thinking I killed myself over 'nothing' (my family don't take clinical depression too seriously), or them finding out the reasons that I killed myself.

ReputationRep:
    :console: But just think how much enjoyment your granny must get from pissing you off... you wouldn't want to deprive a harmless old woman of what is probably her main source of pleasure, would you?
    week of no sleep for me so far! :eek: i'm a virtual zombee...i feel like the walking dead! last night i went to bed at 1am...she started screaming at 2am...screamed all night...i fell asleep at 3/4am and then her screams began at 6:30 when i woke up and been up since..i'm so cranky!

ReputationRep:
    I don't really think my reason is family tbh. i just think they would never expect me to kill myself and I think it'd be so selfish if i did. I never understand why I carry on but i guess it's because i have to even though i deep down 100% do not want to and can't bear some days, literally. also i think my family would also think i'd killed myself for nothing too^. although they know the reasons for my depression i guess they don't know the extent of the effects they have on me. meh

ReputationRep:
    week of no sleep for me so far! :eek: i'm a virtual zombee...i feel like the walking dead! last night i went to bed at 1am...she started screaming at 2am...screamed all night...i fell asleep at 3/4am and then her screams began at 6:30 when i woke up and been up since..i'm so cranky!
    Is she senile or just evil?

ReputationRep:
    Is she senile or just evil?
    dementia

ReputationRep:
    dementia

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what it is for me tbh. I do have a brilliant family and some brilliant friends so i guess its partly them. But as someone said above (sorry cba to look for a name :o:) I'm way too scared of the future to think about it, I take each day as it comes and try to get through that etc.

(Original post by Pludovick)
    Yeah, I've told my tutor- only told her initially so that I could have some time off to go and see a doctor about it, but has been really helpful so far. Hopefully that means I won't have too many problems about the skiving. Haven't told anyone else at all yet, so getting around all the work I haven't done could be a bit more difficult. But such is life

Sorry for whinging lol, hope you're doing alright :hugs:

Thats good at least your tutor knows which is very important! you will be fine, make sure you make use of any help they can offer you and unfortunatly you may have to do a few late nights or working in the half term to catch up, but you have to try to think positivly which i know is easier said that done (been there lol) but think i want to get through this as i want to go on and so such and such i will do it!!!!!

must admit mine doesnt know as i havent had any problems till now, but i am going to cope with this but i iwll make sure all who need to know at Uni will know and i will make sure i make use of the disability department as much as i need! xx

I am doing ok at the mo, i am trying to get on with a sociology essay for wednesday but right now i have a banging headache so cant do it right no, but i will. said to my hubby last night that if i can get this essay done then i can get anything done. i hate sociology and its just not going into my brain like psychology or even biology that i began last week! i had no idea about what they were gonig on about but did with what i was told in the end and he was happy to expalian it a few times if needed! now that was a great tutor! :woo:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.