Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    :hugs: sorry that you are having such a lame time at the moment. Looking back, even though I did have good times and friends, secondary school and college was HELL . I only really made proper friends in the last year but I'm glad because I now have the best friend ever. Like you I felt so lonely, all the people I seemed to be making friends with and trusting just left me/ hurt me really badly and I was finding it so hard to trust again. I only really found my best friend when I'd given up looking ...if that makes sense. I gave up on being so desperate to have friends and then we just connected. Funny thing is I know her since year 7 but the fact that all my other friends were leaving me actually benifited me because otherwise we would never have had the chance to get to know each other properly.

Please take my word for it when I say that Uni is the best opportunity to make friends! It really is, it just seems so different there. I thought I would never make friends, I'm so socially awkward when it comes to meeting new people but I've managed to make a group of really good friends and I'm sure you will too. Its just about finding the strength to approach people you can see your self being friends with and taking it from there. Don't worry, you aren't alone
    I am optimistic, slightly about University and I'm really glad to hear you've found a great friend. What has happened to you, I guess it further evidence that things can work out well for me in Uni. I know what you mean by Secondary school being hell, and I'm just thankful that I don't feel like I did then now... although for some reason I seem to be getting that way, although I'm determined not to. I think I've hit that stage where I'm not bothered about making friends now and I'm just drifting along from day to day, but like you said, I am trying to look forward to a change, and there will be one I'm determined of it, because there has to be.

Thanks so much for the reply it means a lot to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    I could have a rant but I don't think it's fair to post here when I haven't posted and helped anyone else in so long.
    go ahead, I'm in the same boat.

ReputationRep:
    diamonddust glad to see you back:hugs: go for it x

meh im feeling like **** but that's nothing new.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuicidalLemming)
    Oh Gemma! Your welcome to come and sit with me and chloe in biologyif you want? although I think thats the only lesson we've got together. Seriously if your feeling down and lonely at college I'll give you my mobile number and you can text me and I'll come sit with you and talk to you, I think you're lovely, I don't like seeing you like this
    Thanks so much for the offer, it's a shame we're only in one lesson together!. To be fair, I've got a lot to thank you for because it was your post that I accidentally read that inspired me to post here and actually share how I feel, which is a first for me. I don't really know what to say because - me being foolish, I didn't expect you to bump into my post and be so helpful. Thanks for reading my post, it's just nice to not feel alone and get this kinda thing off your chest You're lovely too! There needs to be more people like you!
    :snow: :hugs: :snow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grape:))
    I am optimistic, slightly about University and I'm really glad to hear you've found a great friend. What has happened to you, I guess it further evidence that things can work out well for me in Uni. I know what you mean by Secondary school being hell, and I'm just thankful that I don't feel like I did then now... although for some reason I seem to be getting that way, although I'm determined not to. I think I've hit that stage where I'm not bothered about making friends now and I'm just drifting along from day to day, but like you said, I am trying to look forward to a change, and there will be one I'm determined of it, because there has to be.

Thanks so much for the reply it means a lot to me
    No worries, I'm glad to listen.
    Its nice to hear that you are being so positive about things. The thought that Uni would be miles better than college was literally what got me through. It was so tough, especially A2 but I made it. I've been lucky to make good friends at Uni, I really need to be around positive people right now so that I can get my mind off of me and life. I still have my issues but I'm in a much happier environment which I hope will rub off on me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    No worries, I'm glad to listen.
    Its nice to hear that you are being so positive about things. The thought that Uni would be miles better than college was literally what got me through. It was so tough, especially A2 but I made it. I've been lucky to make good friends at Uni, I really need to be around positive people right now so that I can get my mind off of me and life. I still have my issues but I'm in a much happier environment which I hope will rub off on me.
    Yeh, I think it's about being in a happier environment, I mean I just spent Christmas with my family, which sucks. It was 3 weeks of huge stress and there's only so many times you can reply to people who ask you about your Christmas telling them it was 'cool' or 'good' XD I think it's important for me to be around people (whether they're talking to me or not), because I often just end up getting miserable alone! :yep: :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    Hey guys, I haven't been on TSR in what feels like ages, hope you haven't forgotten me.
    How are you all? :hugs:

I could have a rant but I don't think it's fair to post here when I haven't posted and helped anyone else in so long.

I missed you guys so I'm back.
    RachelOranges, I'm so sorry I haven't replied to your PM (that is if you did PM me back, haven't checked :hugs:, is uni going ok?)
    :hugs: Diamonddust don't feel that you can't rant, thats what this thread is for
    Hope things are going well for you and that you are enjoying the new year.
    Yeah Uni is ok I guess. I'm back at home at the moment for the holidays but will be returning to Uni on the weekend, a bit nervous about going back as I'm so used to home again now. Yeah I think I did reply to your PM...can't remember.

ReputationRep:
    I am having a crap day. Went to uni not enjoying it and i've been thinking about life after uni a lot and i dont know what i'm going to do. i just dont want to exist anymore because my life have no goal to look forward to and i can't thinkof anything i would enjoy doing.

Anyone else think similarly? i think i would find an office job crap, but i'd hate climbing jobs too and when i told my mum about becoming a pilot or joining the RAF she started shouting at me and told me to get a normal job. i am so confused :cry: Oh and i am keeping an open mind about doing a masters but even that sounds deprrlessing because i am not in the frame of mind to study

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    I am having a crap day. Went to uni not enjoying it and i've been thinking about life after uni a lot and i dont know what i'm going to do. i just dont want to exist anymore because my life have no goal to look forward to and i can't thinkof anything i would enjoy doing.

Anyone else think similarly? i think i would find an office job crap, but i'd hate climbing jobs too and when i told my mum about becoming a pilot or joining the RAF she started shouting at me and told me to get a normal job. i am so confused :cry: Oh and i am keeping an open mind about doing a masters but even that sounds deprrlessing because i am not in the frame of mind to study
    Yeah, I've got no idea what to do with my life either. What is it you're studying?

ReputationRep:

Hey

Yeah I know that feeling kind of....I used to have no idea, now I do though but I'm like 90% sure they wouldn't let me anyway so I'm basically back to no idea.

If you want to join the RAF or be a pilot go for it. It's your life not your mum's and a pilot is a pretty damn respectable career. The RAF even more so. I have nothing but admiration for the guys who want to defend this country.

ReputationRep:
    this is shameless compliment seeking (kind of) but please can someone just take a look at the photo and tell me I don't look obese.

I just fell out of the obese category and then I ate lots of chips and burgers and went back up.

honestly, I know it's my fault I'm not losing the weight now, but I wish I'd never started taking those anti depressants. All they did was leave me poorer and heavier. *sulk*
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    this is shameless compliment seeking (kind of) but please can someone just take a look at the photo and tell me I don't look obese.

I just fell out of the obese category and then I ate lots of chips and burgers and went back up.

honestly, I know it's my fault I'm not losing the weight now, but I wish I'd never started taking those anti depressants. All they did was leave me poorer and heavier. *sulk*
    Er....wtf? You don't look at all obese Seriously. You actually look pretty athletic.

ReputationRep:

When you said obese I was expecting that you picture will show that you are bigger than me and actually you are a lot slimmer than me. If I was at your size I would be a lot happier about my body than I am now.

I'm having the same problems with me losing weight too. Last year I manage to lose 2 stone and now I have put it all back again. Partly due to my depression worsening and feeling to down to cook that I end up ordering fast food. I am determined this year to lose a minimum of 2 stone before June (hopefully more)

ReputationRep:
    Do you spend it buying illegal narcotics?
    lol no I didn't. Too much of a chicken to spend it on such stuff. (However if my parents find out how much I spent and what on, it would be much worse than me using illegal narcotics :rolleyes: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Yeah, I've got no idea what to do with my life either. What is it you're studying?
    i am studying geophysics. i dont want a career i it though:?. no motivation for academia any more

sabertooth, i dont want to join the army ideally because i don like tbe idea of killing people. i want to become a commercial pilot though; i think that woulx be fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrisateen)
    When you said obese I was expecting that you picture will show that you are bigger than me and actually you are a lot slimmer than me. If I was at your size I would be a lot happier about my body than I am now.
    thanks, and thanks to you too sabre. In a rare moment of confidence for me I don't think I look obese and knowing that I am is just making me think that maybe I see myself differently to everyone else.

I'm having the same problems with me losing weight too. Last year I manage to lose 2 stone and now I have put it all back again. Partly due to my depression worsening and feeling to down to cook that I end up ordering fast food. I am determined this year to lose a minimum of 2 stone before June (hopefully more)
    That sucks
    I fall into the same thing, on the days I feel too low to do anything I'll either order takeaway or go to the pub for food. I've decided that on my good days I'm going to cook a bunch of meals and freeze them so that on my low days I can just microwave something not-so-bad.
    2 stone is a big goal! I'm really afraid of setting goals like that because I know I'll feel worse when I fail (and I know I'll fail because i'll be so daunted by it I won't really try). I'm aiming to get down to around 8 stone (what I was before the anti depressants), but I take it 5lb at a time just because it seems more manageable.

good lord i am still up trying to get this sociology essay done for tomorrow!!! i am soo gonig to make sure any future essays are do a lot earlier so i can make sure i dont make any stupid mistakes!

i dont feel down about it just pissed off at my crap tutor as i am not the only one up tonight getting it done! i am jsut soooo going to feel it tomorrow when i am in his lesson falling asleep :p:

then i will take a couple days break then get onto revising for a psychology test, get on with my study skills essay and my research methods essay! but i am going to make sure i get them done in the sday and not gone midnight!

all i will say is if i can get this done and get an ok mark then i can bloody well do anything!!!! :woo: :yep: :woo: :yep:

right back i go to it! (god this laptop is killing my legs!! its so heavy, i could do with a net book lol)

i hope everyone is ok xxxxx

ReputationRep:
    thanks, and thanks to you too sabre. In a rare moment of confidence for me I don't think I look obese and knowing that I am is just making me think that maybe I see myself differently to everyone else.

That sucks
    I fall into the same thing, on the days I feel too low to do anything I'll either order takeaway or go to the pub for food. I've decided that on my good days I'm going to cook a bunch of meals and freeze them so that on my low days I can just microwave something not-so-bad.
    2 stone is a big goal! I'm really afraid of setting goals like that because I know I'll feel worse when I fail (and I know I'll fail because i'll be so daunted by it I won't really try). I'm aiming to get down to around 8 stone (what I was before the anti depressants), but I take it 5lb at a time just because it seems more manageable.
    I know what you mean about confidence. I have that problem too. The idea of freezing food is a good idea as when you feel low cooking is the last thing on your mind.

5lbs is a good goal and hopefully you would go back to the original weight

ReputationRep:
    Got my first offer for uni

I'm excited... But also **** scared. It just became real. I HAVE to sort myself out before I go in September. I have to lose some weight. I have to be a good person again!

ReputationRep:
    d ont have what i want in life so whts the point in carrying on. can someone please answer me ths :nothing:numb cnt cope

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.