Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    d ont have what i want in life so whts the point in carrying on. can someone please answer me ths :nothing:numb cnt cope
    Find the desire to carry on. Look for it, there should be some motivation factor. I've no idea what's going on at your side; I'm sure its difficult, sucks but all I can say is that God made you to live through all the ups and downs, no matter how hard. Every cloud has silver lining aye? Try to find that glimmer of hope in everything to do. :kissing2:

If you ever wanna talk/share, I'll be sure to listen to you =).

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    d ont have what i want in life so whts the point in carrying on. can someone please answer me ths :nothing:numb cnt cope
    Unfortunately because we have to. One of our purpose as humans is to live life and though it may be hard at times there will be a light at the end of the tunnel some day

ReputationRep:
    Been to the doctor's today, she once again said something about hospitalisation... And I now have to get my antidepressants off of her a week at a time cos she doesn't trust me with a whole month's worth (although how the hell you kill yourself with mirtazapine I really don't know). Still, I managed to go to the supermarket today and actually cook and eat a proper meal, so I suppose things aren't all bad.

Hope you're all doing ok.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Been to the doctor's today, she once again said something about hospitalisation... And I now have to get my antidepressants off of her a week at a time cos she doesn't trust me with a whole month's worth (although how the hell you kill yourself with mirtazapine I really don't know). Still, I managed to go to the supermarket today and actually cook and eat a proper meal, so I suppose things aren't all bad.

Sounds promising superwolf .

Been a bit up and down today, I think its just the environment at work, people aren't very friendly towards me, probably because I'm a temp so they ignore me ( the whole lonely in a crowd scenario). I've got my last day tomorrow though so it will be good to get out of there and concentrate on getting better. I'm back to Uni on the Saturday, hopefully all will be good. I just have to keep reminding my self that I shouldn't be so selfish but I look at my mum and what she has to put up with and it breaks my heart

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Got my first offer for uni

I'm excited... But also **** scared. It just became real. I HAVE to sort myself out before I go in September. I have to lose some weight. I have to be a good person again!
    Congratulations
    You'll have quite a bit of time to wind down before you go to Uni wont you? I had the best 2 and a half months of my lifen last year when I finished my A levels, before I went to Uni , a shame that the anxiety became a big problem after. Just do the things you enjoy and take it easy. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    hi everyone

Hope you all are having a better week than me. I've been having panic attacks all week and my depression is going through a bad phase. I keep changing my mind every day about whether I want to do a masters or not. Today in the morning i was set on doing it buy by the evening I said "no". :cry: I can't take the indecisiveness anymore. I just want to leave uni, go to an american mountain and be killed by a pack of wolves . I don't have a place on this stupid earth - everything about my life is **** - no gf, no friends, no interest in academia, no interest in the work place. My depression is making me hate everything and i'm so exhausted this evening i'm already in my pyjamas about to go to bed .

Someone pm me plz,

sorry for boring everyone else who hates rants. Malsy, i know how you feel now (i think)

ReputationRep:
    :console:
    You can have a chat with me on MSN later if you like :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    hi everyone

Hope you all are having a better week than me. I've been having panic attacks all week and my depression is going through a bad phase. I keep changing my mind every day about whether I want to do a masters or not. Today in the morning i was set on doing it buy by the evening I said "no". :cry: I can't take the indecisiveness anymore. I just want to leave uni, go to an american mountain and be killed by a pack of wolves . I don't have a place on this stupid earth - everything about my life is **** - no gf, no friends, no interest in academia, no interest in the work place. My depression is making me hate everything and i'm so exhausted this evening i'm already in my pyjamas about to go to bed .

Someone pm me plz,

sorry for boring everyone else who hates rants. Malsy, i know how you feel now (i think)
    Whats up? :hugs: sorry to hear you are having a rough time. I can't PM you, it says that you need to delete some messages from your inbox

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    Whats up? :hugs: sorry to hear you are having a rough time. I can't PM you, it says that you need to delete some messages from your inbox
    i tried deleting them but i can't read the new messages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    i tried deleting them but i can't read the new messages.
    Hmm... can you send pms?

ReputationRep:
    I am now happy, cos I'm the only person in Britain who's glad the snooker is on. Snooker ******* rules.

ReputationRep:

Dude....wtf? I'm pretty sure you really can't hurt yourself with mirtazapine, and doesn't that mean you're paying £7.20 a week because of this? Glad to hear you've made proper food though.

No wonder every ******* Scot votes Labour:
    http://www.scotland.gov.uk/News/Rele...10/01/06112755

(compare to: http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/healthcare/m...osts/dh_087013 )

I'm actually furious. English MPs can't vote on Scottish issues but it's perfectly fine for Scots to vote on English issues. There's also the university costs. I'm going to do something about this. I don't know what yet, but having paid £14.40 yesterday for 2 weeks supply I think this is ******* ridiculous. (not aimed at anyone here :p: )

ReputationRep:
    My mind is in such a messed up place atm.
    I felt so disconnected yesterday, totally numb, told webber I don't know if I love him any more and I don't think I want to stay together. Then I had cravings for sex this morning and basically woke him up by getting on top of him and didn't say a word to him, just went ahead (I NEVER want sex atm so this is really really odd). and then today whenever I was in a changing room I got totally panicky and was sure that someone was going to burst in and attack me.

just feel all over the place.

how's everyone else as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Dude....wtf? I'm pretty sure you really can't hurt yourself with mirtazapine, and doesn't that mean you're paying £7.20 a week because of this? Glad to hear you've made proper food though.

No wonder every ******* Scot votes Labour:
    http://www.scotland.gov.uk/News/Rele...10/01/06112755

(compare to: http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/healthcare/m...osts/dh_087013 )

I'm actually furious. English MPs can't vote on Scottish issues but it's perfectly fine for Scots to vote on English issues. There's also the university costs. I'm going to do something about this. I don't know what yet, but having paid £14.40 yesterday for 2 weeks supply I think this is ******* ridiculous. (not aimed at anyone here :p: )
    OF COURSE NOT. By the way everybody, Burns night is on the 25th - perfect excuse to get pished on whisky and eat internal organs. Or at least that's what I'll be doing...

I actually got a month's prescription, but then had to go and hand it in at the doctor's. Last month the crisis team confiscated some citalopram I had lying around as well. They must have quite a low opinion of my intelligence.

Oh, apparently the crisis team are indeed bored of me, they think I should be seeing some kind of community support team instead. We shall see.

Eating is evil, I feel incredibly sick.

Might I suggest blowing up the houses of parliament, then we can have TWO bonfire nights :yes:

ReputationRep:
    OF COURSE NOT. By the way everybody, Burns night is on the 25th - perfect excuse to get pished on whisky and eat internal organs. Or at least that's what I'll be doing...

I actually got a month's prescription, but then had to go and hand it in at the doctor's. Last month the crisis team confiscated some citalopram I had lying around as well. They must have quite a low opinion of my intelligence.

Oh, apparently the crisis team are indeed bored of me, they think I should be seeing some kind of community support team instead. We shall see.

Eating is evil, I feel incredibly sick.

Might I suggest blowing up the houses of parliament, then we can have TWO bonfire nights :yes:
    Oh well....perhaps the community support team might be a bit better?

I think feeling sick is normal if you haven't been eating properly for a while. 2 years ago I barely ate at all for several months, lost loads of weigh and whenever I did eat I felt extremely sick, but it does go away as you get more used to eating. Out of interest, what did you make?

I do like your idea..hmmmm...I was thinking facebook group though - I found one with 33 members by a Scot wanting freedom from "English rule" :rolleyes: Yeah what with the English PM and cabinet and all.....:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    My mind is in such a messed up place atm.
    I felt so disconnected yesterday, totally numb
    , told webber I don't know if I love him any more and I don't think I want to stay together. Then I had cravings for sex this morning and basically woke him up by getting on top of him and didn't say a word to him, just went ahead (I NEVER want sex atm so this is really really odd). and then today whenever I was in a changing room I got totally panicky and was sure that someone was going to burst in and attack me.

just feel all over the place.

how's everyone else as well?

ive been the same deathdrop, today. so i decided to sleep all day as i couldnt face it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Oh well....perhaps the community support team might be a bit better?

I think feeling sick is normal if you haven't been eating properly for a while. 2 years ago I barely ate at all for several months, lost loads of weigh and whenever I did eat I felt extremely sick, but it does go away as you get more used to eating. Out of interest, what did you make?

I do like your idea..hmmmm...I was thinking facebook group though - I found one with 33 members by a Scot wanting freedom from "English rule" :rolleyes: Yeah what with the English PM and cabinet and all.....:p:
    Stirfry. Full of tasty fried vitamins. But the reason I stopped eating properly in the first place was because it was making me feel sick. Is it bad that I'm having to lie to my doctor to make sure she doesn't think I have an eating disorder?

Facebook groups will solve nothing. I vote for blowing stuff up.

ReputationRep:
    :cry: The guy I liked - and have liked for a long, long time - got with one of my mates tonight. Even after I told her I liked him. This ******* hurts :sad:

ReputationRep:
    How did you get jobs when you're feeling depressed ? I'm looking for a job now and it's hard as I feel quite down at the moment. I'm really having to force myself to do things every day that might lead to a job.

ReputationRep:
    Help please!
    I know I don't post here often, but I'm feeling very disheartened at the moment. I had a pretty good month last month, felt on top of things, was very proud of myself, so I went to the doctors and spoke about reducing my meds (Citalopram). After a week of it though, I feel awful! It's such a struggle to get up in the mornings (after another night of a few hours sleep). I've had to phone in today and have a second day off work in a row. I was so happy to get this job as well and I'll probably lose it now. Today I felt so angry I just wanted to thrash my room! I usually never think about being physically violent/aggressive except to myself.
    Is this normal?? The doctor I saw wasn't one I had seen before, we didn't really talk for long so I don't know if the first week after reduced meds normally makes you so much worse. And if so, for how long?

Did I wrongly jump to the conclusion that I was ready? Afterall, it was Christmas that I felt 'better'. Being at home, sleeping when I felt like it, a break from work, no responsibilities... What do I do? I feel so stupid! And I hate being scared of myself, it's a horrible feeling. :sad:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.