Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    me a toff? No..I come from a middle class modest enough background. What gave you that idea?

I just hate the childish banter of uni and how youre expected to go out every night or youre weird. In this state I find it more draining and depressing than not going out, just the walking round town in the cold, hanging around with people in the chippy...I don't know why people consider it so fun (I love drinking by the way..I just think drinking in clubs is the worst way to do it) and I don't know how some people do it every night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    That's in June. I've still got 5 months to kill before that. I have my BUNAC interview in a week. Wish me luck superwolf.. What are you up to today?

I wish you a whole shedload of luck.

Today I've mostly been cursing my damn internet, which keeps ******* up and has been off all day. That and watching the snooker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    I wish you a whole shedload of luck.

Today I've mostly been cursing my damn internet, which keeps ******* up and has been off all day. That and watching the snooker.
    complain to your ISP:http://www.connectotel.com/marcus/ceoemail.html

Always email the big boys...the call centres are ******* useless. I complained to bt's ceo and they've sent engineer out twice, sent me two home hubs for free and it disconnected again two days ago so i complained to them again :p: They're my *****es now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Botticello)
    me a toff? No..I come from a middle class modest enough background. What gave you that idea?

I just hate the childish banter of uni and how youre expected to go out every night or youre weird. In this state I find it more draining and depressing than not going out, just the walking round town in the cold, hanging around with people in the chippy...I don't know why people consider it so fun (I love drinking by the way..I just think drinking in clubs is the worst way to do it) and I don't know how some people do it every night.
    your profile seems a bit posh/toffish. :p: so does that guy in your interests :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Just wondering if anyone else gets this; I was just in the kitchen waiting for dinner to cook and I tried to read some magazine on the table but all the words were moving and it was strange as ****. Also absolutely impossible to read no matter how hard I tried. Computer words don't move but I'm having to really concentrate to follow them, which is giving me a headache.
    I've had that a few times, but I think it's always when I've been physically ill. You feeling alright?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    complain to your ISP:http://www.connectotel.com/marcus/ceoemail.html

Always email the big boys...the call centres are ******* useless. I complained to bt's ceo and they've sent engineer out twice, sent me two home hubs for free and it disconnected again two days ago so i complained to them again :p: They're my *****es now
    My plan of action is to do nothing, and wait for the problem to go away. My housemates are all internet fiends, so one of them should crack and get it sorted fairly soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    I've had that a few times, but I think it's always when I've been physically ill. You feeling alright?
    Yeah just really tired all the time, despite getting ridiculous amounts of sleep. It's weird.

I can sympathise with ****** internet - mine is slow as **** 90% of the time (like seriously, hardly faster than dialup) and every 3 weeks or so it will randomly stop working for half a day. :/ But at least you have a tv to distract you (even if it is snooker....:eviltongue: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Botticello)

Y'know... I go out more now than I do at uni. At least at uni I was able to organise my time far more effectively (my job takes an awful lot out of me! even though it's only 1/2 nights a week) and I had nobody else to worry about but me. If I wanted a night in, I had a night in. If I wanted to go and start drinking at midday and not stop til 3am, I could.

I miss that

On food issues... atm I'm eating like a friggin' pig, I mean, not feeling full after an entire pot of Ben and Jerrys with brownies, it's such a contrast to two weeks ago when I was getting by on 1 cereal bar all day. I hate this never ending feeling of searching for the next meal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    sounds like it could be some kind of anxiety disorder, I'd definitely get yourself to your gp asap. make sure you tell him/her all the details (from what you said before it sounded like relationship problems rather than something being wrong with you) and don't be afraid to say you'd rather have counselling than meds- because they'll almost certainly suggest those first.
    good luck
    Yeah I guess I was a bit vague with my first post. Just to reiterate, there are really no insurmountable problems with the relationship; I only envisage or feel that there are problems when I'm at my lowest.

I was just interested to see whether people experienced similar things in terms of pushing friends or loved ones away from them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex345)
    Yeah I guess I was a bit vague with my first post. Just to reiterate, there are really no insurmountable problems with the relationship; I only envisage or feel that there are problems when I'm at my lowest.

I was just interested to see whether people experienced similar things in terms of pushing friends or loved ones away from them.
    I've been guilty of pushing people away, especially in my final year at 6th form, I just didn't want to be around anyone remotely happy so I just isolated my self and would get into so many arguments with my family. Horrible times. I think now I'm more honest with my close friends and family about how I'm feeling but now I'm not trying to use it as an excuse to be out of line towards them. Like death.drop said, maybe see a counsellor about it? It might help. I certainly helped me with my family relationships.

How are you all today?
    Found out I got a 2.1 in one of my modules so I'm pretty happy about that, I'm not completely useless then. I'm really trying to change my perspective on things and be a happier person. I'm not where I need to be but I'm making progress and I guess I just need to press on with it. The loneliness here at Uni does get to me but now I'm just going to preoccupy my self with reading/revising...its just a bit hard when you can hear people screaming and laughing. I feel like I should be enjoying living on my own a lot more than I am ( everyone else seems to love it) but I'm struggling a bit with it and my appetite is still up and down, I never want to eat when I should be. Never mind though, I just need to keep positive.

:hugs: to you all.

ReputationRep:
    hope people are okj. im feeling like **** but thats not unusual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)

On food issues... atm I'm eating like a friggin' pig, I mean, not feeling full after an entire pot of Ben and Jerrys with brownies, it's such a contrast to two weeks ago when I was getting by on 1 cereal bar all day. I hate this never ending feeling of searching for the next meal
    lol you sound like me. some nights i just search and search the cupboards for more and amore random stuff to eat like toast/cereal/peanuts/crackers/tea/bananas seriously it all adds up and it's just so weird the hunt rofl

meh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    lol you sound like me. some nights i just search and search the cupboards for more and amore random stuff to eat like toast/cereal/peanuts/crackers/tea/bananas seriously it all adds up and it's just so weird the hunt rofl

meh
    LOL! Yeah, it's pretty random what I can shove into my mouth when I'm in one of these moods. Most recent 'odd' combination was plastic (hamburger) cheese on crackers with sweet onion relish :o:

ReputationRep:
    LOL! Yeah, it's pretty random what I can shove into my mouth when I'm in one of these moods. Most recent 'odd' combination was plastic (hamburger) cheese on crackers with sweet onion relish :o:
    ahah we have those in our fridge but im not a big fan but yeah:p:

i hate it when people tell me if im stressed i must not eat and lose weight, then. er no it;s the opposite, thanks- i comfort eat.

lol=[

ReputationRep:
    Mmmmmm 64 slices of American cheese.....:p:

ReputationRep:
    :cry: My Dad just told me he's being deployed to Afghanistan in April for 4 months. I.can't.do.this.again. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    :cry: My Dad just told me he's being deployed to Afghanistan in April for 4 months. I.can't.do.this.again. :cry:
    :hugs: just be brave for him and have every faith that he will return fit and well. Try and spend as much time with him as possible before he goes and most of all try to be happy whilst you are spending time with him, it will make things easier and the good memories will get you through whilst he is away. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    really bitter today. taking it out on everyone. literally anyone who rubs me even slightly the srong way is getting an earful tonight. alcohol isnt helping either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    ahah we have those in our fridge but im not a big fan but yeah:p:
    lol=[
    first time i've seen you smile:p: , Good to see a smile from a depressed person - you made my day! :hugs:
    How is everybody today? I'm just about to leave for a spanish class! .

Oh guess what guys? I finally decided i'm not doing a masters - doing a 3 year course and going travelling. I filled out and submitted my "change of course" form yesterday and i changed from a 4 year to 3 year program, so I graduate this summer!!!! *huge sigh of relief!*

ReputationRep:
    meh.

woke up late as always. hopefully will feel the guilt of it and get some work done.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.