Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nothos)
    Hi guys, sorry for not being here for a while. How is everyone?

How are you my dear? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)

How are you my dear? :hugs:
    Surviving, just about. I guess

ReputationRep:
    Surviving, just about. I guess
    Well, that beats not surviving. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Well, that beats not surviving. :yy:

Why are you feeling ****?

ReputationRep:
    why am i eating so much chocolate argh stop buying it mum. our cupboards are full of chocs:sigh:

ReputationRep:

Why are you feeling ****?
    Had a rough 2009, thought 2010 might be better. It's not going to be.

- My Nana's still ill (she was admitted to hospital on Christmas day, she's out now but still not great)
    - The guy I like doesn't reciprocate the feelings and so I'm having to make him 'just a friend'
    - College work is starting to get to all the assessments and work that goes towards our final grades
    - My job is screwing me around for hours
    - My Dad is going on a four month tour to Afghanistan on the 1st of May leaving me with my mum for those four months... He'll get back about a fortnight before I move out for uni
    - Uni offers aren't exactly... forth coming

I can't sleep, I can't eat, I don't bother with make-up anymore, I'm tired all the time, I'm falling behind on work and I'm sabotaging all my relationships because I can't take the hassle atm. :o:

ReputationRep:
    Had a rough 2009, thought 2010 might be better. It's not going to be.

- My Nana's still ill (she was admitted to hospital on Christmas day, she's out now but still not great)
    - The guy I like doesn't reciprocate the feelings and so I'm having to make him 'just a friend'
    - College work is starting to get to all the assessments and work that goes towards our final grades
    - My job is screwing me around for hours
    - My Dad is going on a four month tour to Afghanistan on the 1st of May leaving me with my mum for those four months... He'll get back about a fortnight before I move out for uni
    - Uni offers aren't exactly... forth coming

I can't sleep, I can't eat, I don't bother with make-up anymore, I'm tired all the time, I'm falling behind on work and I'm sabotaging all my relationships because I can't take the hassle atm. :o:
    :hugs: Don't worry, it will all be okay.

As for UCAS, join the club, it's a scary time.

ReputationRep:

I hope so.

One other bad thing... this down patch is hitting my bank account hard, I keep going shopping just to do *something* productive and spending £50+ at a time. I'm only earning £30 a week atm.

ReputationRep:
    i have a headache . I hate my life.

ReputationRep:

I may have to add onto the list
    - Unemployed :cry:

Emergency staff meeting has been called for tomorrow night, I think we might be closing...

ReputationRep:
    Not revising when I should be. I'm unsure as to what the hell is going on in my head like seriously, i thought the pressure might kick in at some point but it's a few days til my exams and i';m still not working. hmmmmmm.

ReputationRep:
    I may have to add onto the list
    - Unemployed :cry:

Emergency staff meeting has been called for tomorrow night, I think we might be closing...
    I'm sure it won't come to that, if it does, I don't doubt you'll be able to get another job with ease :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pludovick)
    Was my 18th birthday yesterday... 'celebrated' it by going to the doctor's again to be prescribed antidepressants for the first time Don't really want to take them, but my counsellor said I probably should. I'm been prescribed Fluoxetine 20mg, will that have any noticeable side-effects? The TSR guide doesn't go into any real detail on it :s
    Most the SSRIs have pretty much the same side effects. Expect possible nausea, poor sleep/too much sleep, headaches, not feeling hungry, possible sexual side effects, Although for me the 4 days I took fluoxetine for were some of the worst of my life but I think I had a bad reaction to it. Saying that you'll probably be fine, but don't feel disheartened if you don't feel better right away, it takes time for them to work.

Happy birthday for yesterday. Don't worry about it not being like in the movies or what's expected or whatever, I did **** all too, you have plenty of birthdays ahead of you. I know that's probably not the best thing to say....but I think it's overrated generally.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure it won't come to that, if it does, I don't doubt you'll be able to get another job with ease :hugs:
    I've been looking to change job since before christmas... there just aren't any in my town

ReputationRep:
    :yep:
    I've been looking to change job since before christmas... there just aren't any in my town
    My sister's at kent uni! I'm blue, i don't think we're aquainted pleasure to meet you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    :yep:
    My sister's at kent uni! I'm blue, i don't think we're aquainted pleasure to meet you.
    I love UKC. Unfortunately I dropped out this time last year; worst decision I made. I dropped out because of deteriorating mental health due to ******* awful flatmates. I should've manned the **** up, gone to the medical centre, got some pills and got on with it. Sorry, I'll introduce myself properly when I'm feeling less like a pile of ****.

Every thing keeps going ******* WRONG! Why can't anything be plain sailing? I'm fed up and tired over having to overcome obstacle after obstacle. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I haven't been on for a while, had a pretty rough week, exam stress is practically paralysing me of doing normal things like going to college. I just wish my brain would stop feeling like a piece of lead that I have to keep dragging along, everything feels like too much effort and it seems like everything I've worked towards is slowly slipping away from me :'(

The only thing that's cheered me up is seeing someone deface a billboard of David Cameron by drawing a Hitler-style moustache on his Photoshopped face, with an arrow pointing to him saying 'Liar'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emsybean)
    Sorry I haven't been on for a while, had a pretty rough week, exam stress is practically paralysing me of doing normal things like going to college. I just wish my brain would stop feeling like a piece of lead that I have to keep dragging along, everything feels like too much effort and it seems like everything I've worked towards is slowly slipping away from me :'(

The only thing that's cheered me up is seeing someone deface a billboard of David Cameron by drawing a Hitler-style moustache on his Photoshopped face, with an arrow pointing to him saying 'Liar'
    In that case you might enjoy this thread.

ReputationRep:
    I'm finally seeing a psychiatrist on Monday. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    I'm finally seeing a psychiatrist on Monday. :woo:
    woooo! :five:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.