Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    no motivation. good lord. wish i had a psychiatrist tbh but no one cares and i cba going out and trying to get help, i have tried but no one seems to take me seriously, which is bizarre considering all my symptoms and sadness. meh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    no motivation. good lord. wish i had a psychiatrist tbh but no one cares and i cba going out and trying to get help, i have tried but no one seems to take me seriously, which is bizarre considering all my symptoms and sadness. meh.
    You just need to keep trying. The first doctor I saw about depression was horrible, put me off going back for nearly two years. But then when I did go and see another doctor things went much better, and she actually took me seriously. But you'll never get any help if you don't even try.

ReputationRep:
    oh i've tried. i were given the details of a service, whom i rang like a good girl but they never got back to me. my doctors seem to just forget about me though which is fair enough but then i dont go back for months on end. surely, when someone comes to you telling you hiow depressed and sad and ****** you are you don't forget about them but it's my fault. i just wish i had someone thatn understood what i was going through like a.....psychiatrist!
    meh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    In that case you might enjoy this thread.
    :rofl: thanks for the reccommendation, I'll give you +rep for cheering me up

ReputationRep:
    How are you all? I've been ok these past few days, I've enjoyed hanging with my freinds and even managed to eat out without having a panic attack . Can't help but realise that I've been very stupid though and have some issues I didn't think really existed before. Lets hope this state of okness lasts. I do get very lonely in my room, very lonely though but I'm going to try and sort that out.

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    guys i was so bored with uni today i spent most of it day dreaming and i've come up with a master plan i just wanted to share! .

First i'm going to summer camp usa and after that NO MATTER WHAT, i'll travel around the USA for a bit with or without any person (travelling alone has been scaring me because i think people will see me as being a loner but i don't care anymore) .

So anyhow I was planning on getting a round the world ticket with Quantas airlines so i want to fly over to australia for the cold british winter after doing USA for a bit and perhaps spend time flying around aus, NZ, maybe thailand? , and come back to canada/USA in their spring/summer.

One flaw in this plan is that BUNAC summer camp people pay my flights and i have to get a special J1 visa fro teaching kids to climb in america, BUT i'm going to ask them whether I can buy my own flights (1 year round the world ticket), and also get a longer visa so i can travel around the USA for longer instead of going back to london and getting a new visa.

So, what does everyone think of this new plan?. My mum's not happy but i don't care - it's my life and I will do what I want - i'm 23 now :mad:

Hope you are all well today! I certainly am after coming up with the above plan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    guys i was so bored with uni today i spent most of it day dreaming and i've come up with a master plan i just wanted to share! .

First i'm going to summer camp usa and after that NO MATTER WHAT, i'll travel around the USA for a bit with or without any person (travelling alone has been scaring me because i think people will see me as being a loner but i don't care anymore) .

So anyhow I was planning on getting a round the world ticket with Quantas airlines so i want to fly over to australia for the cold british winter after doing USA for a bit and perhaps spend time flying around aus, NZ, maybe thailand? , and come back to canada/USA in their spring/summer.

One flaw in this plan is that BUNAC summer camp people pay my flights and i have to get a special J1 visa fro teaching kids to climb in america, BUT i'm going to ask them whether I can buy my own flights (1 year round the world ticket), and also get a longer visa so i can travel around the USA for longer instead of going back to london and getting a new visa.

So, what does everyone think of this new plan?. My mum's not happy but i don't care - it's my life and I will do what I want - i'm 23 now :mad:

Hope you are all well today! I certainly am after coming up with the above plan.
    Sounds fairly genius. Don't worry about travelling alone, you just meet more people that way. Once when I was travelling by myself I met so many people I had to have an extra bit of holiday at the end where I didn't speak to anyone for three days.

My own genius plan of the day - learn to write backwards with my left hand. Why? Well why not. And then I can write confounding letters to people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    How are you all? I've been ok these past few days, I've enjoyed hanging with my freinds and even managed to eat out without having a panic attack . Can't help but realise that I've been very stupid though and have some issues I didn't think really existed before. Lets hope this state of okness lasts. I do get very lonely in my room, very lonely though but I'm going to try and sort that out.

:hugs:
    Glad to hear you're doing alright. Hope it keeps getting better. I'm doing pretty much same as always, could be worse but could be a lot better.

ReputationRep:
    Glad to hear you're doing alright. Hope it keeps getting better. I'm doing pretty much same as always, could be worse but could be a lot better.
    Yeah that middle ground between good and bad is always very scary as you don't know which way it will end up going. I'm just trying to get over the moments of wobbliness and try to enjoy the good things in my life. Was thinking a bit about the future again today ( should really learn to stop doing that) and I just feel like I don't really have any sense of direction after Uni. Even though I'm pretty much exhausted from studying, education has given me a sene of stability, something to aim for where as after Uni it sort of seems like the end of the line. I won't know what to do with my self, which scares the hell out of me:eek3: . For now I just need to focus on the present I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)

Sounds like a great plan! Its nice to see that you are taking control of things and planning things. I know parents tend to get overprotective about that sort of thing, wanting their children to have a stable source of income which is probably why your mum isn't too happy about it but I'm sure that the time out will help to clear your head, get to know your self and meet lots of people which in my opinon is a positive thing

ReputationRep:
    Took the dog to the vet today and his cancers spreading everywhere. Vet said he doesn't expect him to last the year and we'll probably have to have him put down before that.

I wish webber was home, he doesn't get home til saturday morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    Took the dog to the vet today and his cancers spreading everywhere. Vet said he doesn't expect him to last the year and we'll probably have to have him put down before that.

I wish webber was home, he doesn't get home til saturday morning.
    Aww, I'm sorry :hugs:

I'm not only keeping my job but am getting more hours We're becoming a Lloyds bar!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pludovick)
    Thanks Starting to feel pretty nauseous now, also shivering really badly the whole time- was worried the effects would be a lot worse though. What's worrying me more is that my mum and dad want me to take my driving test in the next few weeks... and I can't drive whilst I'm on these Still haven't told them anything at all about my depression, so I'm not sure how I'm going to work this one out...
    Oh yeah I got so so so cold on fluoxetine and er...another one (reboxetine?), like i was wearing 3 jackets, hat, several pairs of socks and trousers. it was pretty funny for my flatmates :p: But it goes away, so does the nausea so hang in there.

Can't really help with the driving test - I used to hate learning to drive so would pretend to be asleep in my room or have a headache or "coursework". But they're only temporary excuses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Y'know... I go out more now than I do at uni. At least at uni I was able to organise my time far more effectively (my job takes an awful lot out of me! even though it's only 1/2 nights a week) and I had nobody else to worry about but me. If I wanted a night in, I had a night in. If I wanted to go and start drinking at midday and not stop til 3am, I could.

I miss that
    I know what you mean, I'm tired of having to let everyone know where I'm going and hiding my drinking. Been riding recently?

ReputationRep:
    I just made microwave chocolate brownie. For dinner. I really need to sort my diet out. Especially since thanks to a certain someone breakfast and lunch were entirely chocolate and peanut butter based. I'm gonna get scurvy.

ReputationRep:
    I just made microwave chocolate brownie. For dinner. I really need to sort my diet out. Especially since thanks to a certain someone breakfast and lunch were entirely chocolate and peanut butter based. I'm gonna get scurvy.
    I just made it :p:

Had to borrow some flour and didnt have enough hot chocolate (which yes I realise isn't cocoa powder) but I substituted the lack of chocolate for golden syrup which everyone knows makes everything taste better. Also added a little whole milk and butter.

pretty ******* good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Botticello)
    I know what you mean, I'm tired of having to let everyone know where I'm going and hiding my drinking. Been riding recently?
    No, not ridden since June. I think that might have something to do with the way my mood's been diving recently; one of my friends told me that his GP recommended he replaced everything in his life that he'd lost (his friend died, he broke up with his GF, his nan died) with something positive. I need to replace Kent, I think... I can't afford it right now. And I don't have the time...

You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    No, not ridden since June. I think that might have something to do with the way my mood's been diving recently; one of my friends told me that his GP recommended he replaced everything in his life that he'd lost (his friend died, he broke up with his GF, his nan died) with something positive. I need to replace Kent, I think... I can't afford it right now. And I don't have the time...

You?
    Oh dear, poor you I've hardly been, as since I stopped my loan horse cause of uni in september I've only had about 3 private lessons, 2 of which I jumped again ( as I hadn't done it since breaking my arm, it was great) I think it really affects my mental state too, when something I used to take as given has stopped and life is so dull without that boost once a week. I've decided to find a job and go back to regular lessons, that should help. Hope you manage some time, good luck with everything x

ReputationRep:
    it has been suggested this may be the 'place for me', no doubt people here have seen my recent threads?

(quick run down: got autism and became depressed last june -when the depression really kicked in anyway- about social problems related to being autistic, got alot of help professionally, attempted suicide in November 2009).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathperson)
    it has been suggested this may be the 'place for me', no doubt people here have seen my recent threads?

(quick run down: got autism and became depressed last june -when the depression really kicked in anyway- about social problems related to being autistic, got alot of help professionally, attempted suicide in November 2009).
    Hey mathperson, I've read, and replied to, a lot of your threads, I'm glad to see you're still with us

How's it going?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.