Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Ahaha.

Err, basically, I walked out of a class yesterday.

One of my teachers is consistently rude, bullying, arrogant and he has no idea about several key parts of the UCAS system (he's the one dealing with all our UCAS apps.). Yesterday we went to class, and I went to speak to him about my attendance (apparently it's under 75%, which I think is wrong!) and he started to have a go at me about how I'm never in on Wednesdays. I have a piece of paper that proves that he told me last term that I don't have to go in on Wednesdays :rolleyes: In the midst of this argument, UCAS came up and I pointed out that by Monday UCAS will all be finished, pretty much. He pointed to my friend and said in a very rude tone of voice 'Well no, because SHE hasn't bothered to tell me whether she's going yet'. My friend told her that she told him that she wanted to go to uni well before christmas and she even printed off her UCAS reciept and gave it to him. He went 'It doesn't matter, you'll probably not get in anyway' (or words to that efffect) and she left the class in tears... Whilst he shouted after her 'Yeah, that's really effective, act like a child and run off!' One of my other mates turned around to him then and said sorry, but if you're going to just bully my class mates I'm off, and I'm making a complaint. As he left, he muttered 'Oh, I thought I was teaching adults here!'

So I left. Can't be arsed with rude people at the best of times, definitely can't be arsed with rude people at college who can't see how rude they are!
    Ahh sounds like one of my old A Level teachers, she almost sent me over the edge I was almost kicked out of 6th form because I just broke down and had a screaming match with my form tutor because of her. Bad times. Its strange how people like that are ever declaired fit to teach when its obvious they have no passion for it and hate people. Suffice to say nothing was done about my biology teacher as she was also head of 6th form but who is having the last laugh now? She didn't think I would get into Uni but here I am that doesn't mean you should leave it though, if you and your friend are that upset by it then by all means speak to someone of authority who can sort out the situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterfly1991)
    Don't think I am suffering from depression, but I feel down like most of the days, and break down alot.
    Feel like giving up. =(
    Sorry you are feeling like that. How long have you been feeling like that for? Have you seen anyone about it?

ReputationRep:
    Don't think I am suffering from depression, but I feel down like most of the days, and break down alot.
    Feel like giving up. =(
    whats up? feel free to PM me if you like .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    Sorry you are feeling like that. How long have you been feeling like that for? Have you seen anyone about it?
    Been few months now. Have been to doctors because can't sleep at night either and don't feel hungry. Gave me anti depressants, but don't want to take them

ReputationRep:
    Been few months now. Have been to doctors because can't sleep at night either and don't feel hungry. Gave me anti depressants, but don't want to take them
    have you tried exercise that can help, or if you're at uni they generally have free counsellors for students with much shorter waiting lists than the NHS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    have you tried exercise that can help, or if you're at uni they generally have free counsellors for students with much shorter waiting lists than the NHS.
    I go to gym. =) I talk to teachers in my college.

ReputationRep:
    meh ****

ReputationRep:
    Feel like giving up. =(
    I think most people have thoughts of giving up, but its picking yourself up that makes you great! You seem like an awesome person and it would be an unbelievable shame for you to give up. Whats getting you down?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xands)
    I think most people have thoughts of giving up, but its picking yourself up that makes you great! You seem like an awesome person and it would be an unbelievable shame for you to give up. Whats getting you down?
    I am trying. I do, then I am like what is the point. Have problems at home. I am okay now =)
    Have done some revision today =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    meh ****
    What's wrong? =(
    Hope everything is okay?

ReputationRep:
    lots of ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    lots of ****.
    =( PM message if you want to.
    when you talk to someone, it makes you feel lighter.
    Hope everything is okay.

ReputationRep:
    I should've mentioned earlier, we've set a formal complaint in motion against him.

Feeling very... meh today.

ReputationRep:
    I should've mentioned earlier, we've set a formal complaint in motion against him.

Feeling very... meh today.
    Hi, how are you feeling. Thanks for inviting me to this society, can I ask what problems you experience and why (if you don't mind, of course)?

ReputationRep:
    I think my depression is starting to come back again. I have been alright in the last 2 weeks which is why I haven't been posting on this thread for a while and now today I feel really down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathperson)
    Hi, how are you feeling. Thanks for inviting me to this society, can I ask what problems you experience and why (if you don't mind, of course)?
    No problem

I'm a bit here there and everywhere today. General sunday night feeling! How are you?

I have problems with depression (not technically diagnosed, I chickened out at the doctors), self harm, anxiety attacks and general feelings of crapness. :yy: Woo for me! My mood goes up, down, and anywhere in between several times a day. At the moment I'm feeling pretty good, I doubt it'll last for long though.

ReputationRep:
    No problem

I'm a bit here there and everywhere today. General sunday night feeling! How are you?

I have problems with depression (not technically diagnosed, I chickened out at the doctors), self harm, anxiety attacks and general feelings of crapness. :yy: Woo for me! My mood goes up, down, and anywhere in between several times a day. At the moment I'm feeling pretty good, I doubt it'll last for long though.
    I don't understand why depression needs to be diagnosed. Yes its up to doctors to assess you for treatment etc but to see if you are depressed all you have to do is ask yourself if you have been feeling very sad (not just abit down) for a long period of time?

Mood swings are something I am experiencing, though I am on escitalopram 40mg per day and it seems to be getting better, slowly.

I'm glad your feeling well at the moment, I do hope it lasts, I'm off to bed now, you probably should get sleep too, when I sorted my sleep pattern out I felt alot better!

If you ever want to talk, even for a simple chat, don't even hesitate to PM me - or quote me in a thread

Take care of yourself.

ReputationRep:
    No problem

Happy for you just do everything you can to keep it that way for as long as possible

ReputationRep:
    hello,

i've never posted in here before, but could really do with the support at the moment.

i've just come back to uni after going home for the weekend, and i feel horrific. my mood always improves slightly at home because i'm around family and i feel safe, but back here i'm lonely and scared and i don't know what to do. i think i'm still adjusting to my medication - i feel exhausted all the time. i can't bring myself to make the effort with anything or anyone right now, and i hate myself for it because i know i'm not being myself or making the most of uni. everywhere i go here, i'm reminded of my ex and i feel constantly guilty/sick when i think about our break up and everything i've done. he's the only one i ever really let in on all of this and ultimately it made me lose him, but now i feel as though i have nobody. i know it's all in my head and i feel stupid for it, but it doesn't make it any easier. i do have my first counselling appt in the morning, though.

i hope everyone else is feeling okay today. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raisin.)
    hello,

i've never posted in here before, but could really do with the support at the moment.

i've just come back to uni after going home for the weekend, and i feel horrific. my mood always improves slightly at home because i'm around family and i feel safe, but back here i'm lonely and scared and i don't know what to do. i think i'm still adjusting to my medication - i feel exhausted all the time. i can't bring myself to make the effort with anything or anyone right now, and i hate myself for it because i know i'm not being myself or making the most of uni. everywhere i go here, i'm reminded of my ex and i feel constantly guilty/sick when i think about our break up and everything i've done. he's the only one i ever really let in on all of this and ultimately it made me lose him, but now i feel as though i have nobody. i know it's all in my head and i feel stupid for it, but it doesn't make it any easier. i do have my first counselling appt in the morning, though.

i hope everyone else is feeling okay today. :hugs:
    Hey sorry to hear you are having a hard time at the moment. Its strange because I thought I was the only one who couldn't cope with Uni life, but I promise you things will get easier once you get your mind off of how you are feeling and distract yourself. I went for some counselling sessions at uni and even though I didn't really address my anxiety problems it was very empowering and I'm learning how to deal with things. Good luck with the session, its good to hear that you are seeking help, its a sign that you aren't giving up.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.