Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    Hey sorry to hear you are having a hard time at the moment. Its strange because I thought I was the only one who couldn't cope with Uni life, but I promise you things will get easier once you get your mind off of how you are feeling and distract yourself. I went for some counselling sessions at uni and even though I didn't really address my anxiety problems it was very empowering and I'm learning how to deal with things. Good luck with the session, its good to hear that you are seeking help, its a sign that you aren't giving up.
    no, you're definitely not the only one! i know you're right about distracting myself though; we have our 'refreshers fayre' tomorrow and i'm considering going along and joining some societies/investigating doing some volunteering or something. slightly anxious as i'd be going/doing it by myself, but hey. i know occupying myself is what i need to do, but i just feel so useless and so low at the moment - i must be rubbish to be around. i'm glad uni counselling was somewhat helpful for you though, and i'm hoping it will be for me too. i have a tendency to clam up in those situations but i'm gonna try my hardest to get something out of it. thankyou, yeah, i'm trying not to give up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raisin.)
    hello,

i've never posted in here before, but could really do with the support at the moment.

i've just come back to uni after going home for the weekend, and i feel horrific. my mood always improves slightly at home because i'm around family and i feel safe, but back here i'm lonely and scared and i don't know what to do. i think i'm still adjusting to my medication - i feel exhausted all the time. i can't bring myself to make the effort with anything or anyone right now, and i hate myself for it because i know i'm not being myself or making the most of uni. everywhere i go here, i'm reminded of my ex and i feel constantly guilty/sick when i think about our break up and everything i've done. he's the only one i ever really let in on all of this and ultimately it made me lose him, but now i feel as though i have nobody. i know it's all in my head and i feel stupid for it, but it doesn't make it any easier. i do have my first counselling appt in the morning, though.

i hope everyone else is feeling okay today. :hugs:
    I know who you feel about Uni. It can be quite difficult and in my case has made my depression a lot worse.

Hopefully you first counselling session will be a new start for you and help you cope a lot more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrisateen)
    I know who you feel about Uni. It can be quite difficult and in my case has made my depression a lot worse.

Hopefully you first counselling session will be a new start for you and help you cope a lot more
    sorry to hear that uni made things a lot worse for you. :hugs: i'm not exactly sure whether it's uni that's made things worse for me; to be honest i think it's a combination of that and breaking up with my ex. both happened at exactly the same time, really, and it's definitely harder to cope at uni/alone.

but thank you, i'm hopeful for the counselling too. i'm going slightly crazy without anyone to talk to about all of this.

ReputationRep:
    I feel like crap. Don't know how many times I've been told things will get better and I still don't believe them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raisin.)
    no, you're definitely not the only one! i know you're right about distracting myself though; we have our 'refreshers fayre' tomorrow and i'm considering going along and joining some societies/investigating doing some volunteering or something. slightly anxious as i'd be going/doing it by myself, but hey. i know occupying myself is what i need to do, but i just feel so useless and so low at the moment - i must be rubbish to be around. i'm glad uni counselling was somewhat helpful for you though, and i'm hoping it will be for me too. i have a tendency to clam up in those situations but i'm gonna try my hardest to get something out of it. thankyou, yeah, i'm trying not to give up.
    I think going to the refreshers fayre is a good idea. As for counselling, don't worry about clamming up, especially if it is your first session. I was the same, I didn't know where to begin but I just couldn't seem to get what I wanted to say out but the more sessions I had, the more relaxed I became and the more open minded I became about things too. It may not be a quick fix but it helped me to help my self some what. I still get my relapses but I feel more in control in terms of how to deal with my panic attacks etc.

ReputationRep:
    hi friends

I've been a bad boy:rolleyes: Look at how many red gems and warning points i have accumulated in 24 hours, hehe!

I hope you are all well my lovely's! My doctor prescribed my gran anti depressants today - i wonder why! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turquoise1234)
    :cry:
    :console: Wanna talk about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    :console: Wanna talk about it?
    I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel; i've given up hope that i'll get better; it's probably only a matter of time before things get too much for me

ReputationRep:
    I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel; i've given up hope that i'll get better; it's probably only a matter of time before things get too much for me
    I feel pretty much the same way. I'd tell you things will get better only I don't believe it myself... It's miserable having to live for other people.

ReputationRep:
    I feel pretty much the same way. I'd tell you things will get better only I don't believe it myself... It's miserable having to live for other people.

ReputationRep:
    Watch some south park. It generally makes me feel marginally less rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    Watch some south park. It generally makes me feel marginally less rubbish.
    Thanks ;can't remember the last time i watched south park.

ReputationRep:
    I feel like crap. Don't know how many times I've been told things will get better and I still don't believe them.
    :ditto: but you keep reassuring yourself that this is true so that we have a reason to keep on going.

ReputationRep:
    Can't sleep, can't stop crying, just feel so ******* alone.

ReputationRep:
    help me cope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    help me cope
    :dontknow: I'm feeling completely useless at the moment and there doesn't seem to be anyone else around...

ReputationRep:
    :cry: That's it, the only job I've ever enjoyed is officially gone. The club closed it's doors tonight as a CRC and is now refurbing for 8 weeks to become a Lloyds and we'll go from a close knit group of 15 staff to a dispersed group of 50 :cry: I've got our staff song on repeat and am just bawling away to it. Pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    :cry: That's it, the only job I've ever enjoyed is officially gone. The club closed it's doors tonight as a CRC and is now refurbing for 8 weeks to become a Lloyds and we'll go from a close knit group of 15 staff to a dispersed group of 50 :cry: I've got our staff song on repeat and am just bawling away to it. Pathetic.
    that's not pathetic. :hugs: it's natural to be sad when things end/change, especially if it's a job you really enjoyed. you said you're becoming a dispersed group of 50, does that mean you'll still all work alongside each other or? if so, then there's more people to meet, right? can you not still stay in touch with the people you've met?

sorry if i've interpreted what you said wrong because obviously i don't know the exact situation, but i do hope you feel better soon.

--

i've just returned from my first counselling session, and i basically bawled my way through the entirety of it. it was somewhat helpful, more so than any other counselling i've had before, but i still feel awful. she told me that i need to stop presuming people are going to leave me/be put off when they see the 'real me', but what i was trying to communicate is that the depressed 'me' is not/should be the real 'me'. ugh.

i'm just craving real people/company that i can actually have a proper understanding conversation with at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    hey,

ive had sleeping issues for the last year or so (really started when i stopped seeing my dad) and have since seen a lot of the symptoms of depression in myself. recently my doctor was prescribing me sleeping meds for the third time and mentioned maybe i should look in to it (since my issues are both getting to sleep and sustaining it - insomnia). i dont really remember when i started feeling this isolated or different, but i do know that it becomes worse at different points (when my mum got divorced for the second time; when i fell out with my dad, etc). my question is should i talk to my doctor about this and should i look to get some form of Prozac? Is anyone here on antidepressants and could tell me wat it is like?

I am not that open to therapists as i had bad exps with them when i was younger (for ADD)

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.