Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Just discovered this thread and wondered what people's experiences have been with Fluoxetine? I started taking 20 mg a day about three weeks ago for panic, sleeplessness and depression and although I've been diagnosed as depressed before, this is the first time I've taken antidepressants. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Feeling so ******* crap. Tried to do some reading for my essay this morning, I ended up crying in bed as I can't do it. Sports practise was off again. Then bought a pc game online to try to distract myself - it's still on less than 50% downloaded 6 hours later. I really can't cope with the whole university thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Feeling so ******* crap. Tried to do some reading for my essay this morning, I ended up crying in bed as I can't do it. Sports practise was off again. Then bought a pc game online to try to distract myself - it's still on less than 50% downloaded 6 hours later. I really can't cope with the whole university thing.
    I'm feeling so crap today . I went to a climbing competition and swimming today. I realised that i'm no good at anything after the climbing competition. . So I'm not good at uni, not good at physical exercise, not good at anything - i'm a total failure

Yesterday I became a ghost. I deleted everything from my facebook including untagging myself from all the pictures from friends and deleting hobbies/interests . I just want to disappear forever and ever.

Hope everyone else is having a better day.

p.s i got pissed off waiting for the usb adapter so i ordered one from ebay saber...hopefully you can teach me how to download roms after

ReputationRep:
    Been feeling ill all day. Off to work again

ReputationRep:
    I'm so sick of being alone in my room. I asked my housemates if they wanted to watch a film and they said yes but later, they'd come and tell me when they wanted to watch it. But they've clearly just forgotten about me, it's the second time they've done it this week. And now I've got myself into a state about nothing but I'm just so ******* sick of feeling like this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    I'm so sick of being alone in my room. I asked my housemates if they wanted to watch a film and they said yes but later, they'd come and tell me when they wanted to watch it. But they've clearly just forgotten about me, it's the second time they've done it this week. And now I've got myself into a state about nothing but I'm just so ******* sick of feeling like this.
    Sorry if you've told me already, but could you just briefly explain why you are depressed, just so I know

Lonliness sounds like something that is bugging you?

ReputationRep:
    argh I am in agony. I have a killer headache which has been steadily getting worse since about 3pm, it's just moved down to my ears hurting too now. Lying in bed made it worse and painkillers haven't touched it. I have been on tsr trying to distract myself from the pain, it's not working. ow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathperson)
    Sorry if you've told me already, but could you just briefly explain why you are depressed, just so I know

Lonliness sounds like something that is bugging you?
    No reason.

I just spend too much time alone in my room. I only ever leave the house to go to the doctor's. I'm friends with a couple of my housemates and they are really good friends but every time they say something or forget about me it just destroys me.

ReputationRep:
    argh I am in agony. I have a killer headache which has been steadily getting worse since about 3pm, it's just moved down to my ears hurting too now. Lying in bed made it worse and painkillers haven't touched it. I have been on tsr trying to distract myself from the pain, it's not working. ow.
    Try going for a walk?

ReputationRep:
    Try going for a walk?
    It's freezing :o:

Maybe actually...even alcohol didn't help much and I can't think of anything else which might help.

ReputationRep:
    It's freezing :o:

Maybe actually...even alcohol didn't help much and I can't think of anything else which might help.
    Walk to the supermarket and get more alcohol. Motivation!

ReputationRep:
    Walk to the supermarket and get more alcohol. Motivation!
    I still have 1/2 bottle aniseed schnapps, 1/2 bottle vodka, several beers, cherry liquor... :p:

Nah, I've had an idea. I will take 2 sleeping pills then I won't have to lie in agony in bed for too long

ReputationRep:
    I still have 1/2 bottle aniseed schnapps, 1/2 bottle vodka, several beers, cherry liquor... :p:

Nah, I've had an idea. I will take 2 sleeping pills then I won't have to lie in agony in bed for too long
    How come you've got sleeping pills? No fair.

I'll buy some off you.

ReputationRep:
    How come you've got sleeping pills? No fair.

I'll buy some off you.
    I found my secret stash I'd forgotten about

I would sell you them but it'd be illegal

:console: seriously just ask for like 5 or something, you can't kill yourself with 5.

ReputationRep:
    I found my secret stash I'd forgotten about

I would sell you them but it'd be illegal

:console: seriously just ask for like 5 or something, you can't kill yourself with 5.
    Damn you.

Crisis team were going to give me sleeping pills... but my doctor's not as daft as them.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    As I posted this in the early hours of yeaterday morning I didn't get much of a response, however I see a few people in this society are still online and thought I'd take this opportunity to ask for a bit more feedback/opinion on my recent post, this post being:

If I would have succeeded in my suicide attempt on Monday 16th November 2009, the stress that I'm now experiencing would be non-existant. I had 'a moment' today since my university is being unsupportive and I went and brought sleeping pills (the university knows), and I wonder...would it be better to die sooner rather than later, in order to stop myself from feeling the cr*p that I now am /will in future. On the otherhand do I wait and see what happens (again) and think about others a little more...because suicide is selfish...according to some.
    Or would it be selfish of others to expect me to continue living when I don't want to, just to make their own lives better.

Life is a time period that seperates two infinite time periods, so life is infinetly shorter than before life and after death. Does this make life any less/any more important or 'valuable'. Or are we just complicated machines, with no intrinsic 'value' whatsoever?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    As I posted this in the early hours of yeaterday morning I didn't get much of a response, however I see a few people in this society are still online and thought I'd take this opportunity to ask for a bit more feedback/opinion on my recent post, this post being:

If I would have succeeded in my suicide attempt on Monday 16th November 2009, the stress that I'm now experiencing would be non-existant. I had 'a moment' today since my university is being unsupportive and I went and brought sleeping pills (the university knows), and I wonder...would it be better to die sooner rather than later, in order to stop myself from feeling the cr*p that I now am /will in future. On the otherhand do I wait and see what happens (again) and think about others a little more...because suicide is selfish...according to some.
    Or would it be selfish of others to expect me to continue living when I don't want to, just to make their own lives better.

Life is a time period that seperates two infinite time periods, so life is infinetly shorter than before life and after death. Does this make life any less/any more important or 'valuable'. Or are we just complicated machines, with no intrinsic 'value' whatsoever?

For me a lot of the time life seems almost unbearable. But if I killed myself I would completely destroy my sister's life, and I care more about her than I do about myself. So I just have to keep going til I either get better or so much worse that life actually is unbearable, at which point presumably I'll kill myself.

Don't know if that's any help to you, but it pretty much sums up my situation.

ReputationRep:
    For me a lot of the time life seems almost unbearable. But if I killed myself I would completely destroy my sister's life, and I care more about her than I do about myself. So I just have to keep going til I either get better or so much worse that life actually is unbearable, at which point presumably I'll kill myself.

Don't know if that's any help to you, but it pretty much sums up my situation.
    Well I think I'm rather 'closer' to suicide than you, I know I'll probably get banned by a feminist MOD for saying the 's-word', but its the truth. I don't know how much longer I can go on like this :cry2: . My university not being understandable about the reasons I tried suicide last semester (autism social problems), and this is really starting to wear me down (complicated and I won't go into it here). To think that I could have been at the bottom of a grave now, at peace, and instead I'm still HERE...
    I'm sat here with sleeping pills in front of me, I'm not going to take them now, however I'll see what the result of the next week brings, in terms of how the university responds to a meeting I have...

ReputationRep:
    Well I think I'm rather 'closer' to suicide than you, I know I'll probably get banned by a feminist MOD for saying the 's-word', but its the truth. I don't know how much longer I can go on like this :cry2: . My university not being understandable about the reasons I tried suicide last semester (autism social problems), and this is really starting to wear me down (complicated and I won't go into it here). To think that I could have been at the bottom of a grave now, at peace, and instead I'm still HERE...
    I'm sat here with sleeping pills in front of me, I'm not going to take them now, however I'll see what the result of the next week brings, in terms of how the university responds to a meeting I have...
    It's not a competition you know... :p:

If uni is causing you that much stress, maybe you should think about taking the rest of the year out, and going back next year. That's what I've done and even though I feel like **** about not just sticking it out and finishing uni it did at least take off some of the pressure.

I expect I should tell you to get rid of the sleeping pills, but you probably won't so... hell I'll say it anyway. Get rid of them.

ReputationRep:
    It's not a competition you know... :p:

If uni is causing you that much stress, maybe you should think about taking the rest of the year out, and going back next year. That's what I've done and even though I feel like **** about not just sticking it out and finishing uni it did at least take off some of the pressure.

I expect I should tell you to get rid of the sleeping pills, but you probably won't so... hell I'll say it anyway. Get rid of them.
    I'm sorry? I don't understand the competition thing :confused:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.