Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathperson)
    I'm sorry? I don't understand the competition thing :confused:
    You said you were closer to suicide than me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    You said you were closer to suicide than me.
    Oh sorry, yeah ok its not a competition I know!!

ReputationRep:
    insomnia urgh

ReputationRep:
    Having got an offer to study at Imperial College, the thought of living in London scares the **** out of me

:cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KiraMayz)
    Having got an offer to study at Imperial College, the thought of living in London scares the **** out of me

:cry:
    Don't go to imperial! The people there are so :eek: I went to a field trip with imperial people and all they did with work/study - i mean they're freakish!

congratulations on the offer. Also it's not london that should scare you - it's the people who you are around day to day that should be the bigger concern. If you are not around people you get on with you will be very depressed

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone today? I hope you're all having a productive day! I'm writing my spanish coursework in english - with me luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    How is everyone today? I hope you're all having a productive day! I'm writing my spanish coursework in english - with me luck!
    I feel like crap. Got a temperature and feel all shaky and dizzy. I dislike my new drugs.

Good luck with the coursework, what's it about?

ReputationRep:
    Don't go to imperial! The people there are so :eek: I went to a field trip with imperial people and all they did with work/study - i mean they're freakish!

congratulations on the offer. Also it's not london that should scare you - it's the people who you are around day to day that should be the bigger concern. If you are not around people you get on with you will be very depressed
    i don't mind studying a lot though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    I feel like crap. Got a temperature and feel all shaky and dizzy. I dislike my new drugs.

Good luck with the coursework, what's it about?
    i have to write something descriptive in spanish, using spanish sources! I'm writing about meeting a friend in barcelona and going to a museum and to have dinner with her. Trying to find some info on a museum piece in spanish is hard! So i've decided to talk about a painting by picasso i think

ReputationRep:
    i have to write something descriptive in spanish, using spanish sources! I'm writing about meeting a friend in barcelona and going to a museum and to have dinner with her. Trying to find some info on a museum piece in spanish is hard! So i've decided to talk about a painting by picasso i think
    Do the Sagrada Familia. It's a big crazyarse cathedral designed by Gaudi, they've been building it for over a 100 years and it's still not finished.

ReputationRep:
    I second Sagrada Familia, good luck blue

ReputationRep:
    I have to write an essay on suicide... For tomorrow morning. Blah. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    I have to write an essay on suicide... For tomorrow morning. Blah. :sigh:
    Thats interesting, what are your views on suicide (there are so many people on this forum, so sorry if you have told me :s ) and what exactily are you going to write about (your experiences/etc?)?

ReputationRep:
    Thats interesting, what are your views on suicide (there are so many people on this forum, so sorry if you have told me :s ) and what exactily are you going to write about (your experiences/etc?)?
    It's for sociology, studying Durkheims theories on suicide... Which are all bull, tbh.

Personally, I think it's personal choice, if you need the out then you're welcome to it, with recriminations... But if any of my friends or family tried it, I'd be livid and never forgive them, most probably. Hypocrite ftw!

ReputationRep:
    It's for sociology, studying Durkheims theories on suicide... Which are all bull, tbh.

Personally, I think it's personal choice, if you need the out then you're welcome to it, with recriminations... But if any of my friends or family tried it, I'd be livid and never forgive them, most probably. Hypocrite ftw!
    I can't remember/havn't been told the background to your depression/how bad it is etc. However I just want to ask that if you ever took your own life, what would you want your family friends to think? Yeah they would be shocked etc, but would you want them to be bitter and never forgive you, or would you want them to find it in their hearts to try to understand?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emsybean)
    I second Sagrada Familia, good luck blue
    I decided to do picasso! I have to use sources and i couldn't find any spanish ones for that sagrada familia place! I said stuff along the lines of: "the man in the painting has a long beard - this makes him look old. The sick woman on the bed looks like an angel", hehe - then i said the "kid looks hungry, speaking of which - let's get something to eat", then i moved on to talking about eating pizza:P

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember/havn't been told the background to your depression/how bad it is etc. However I just want to ask that if you ever took your own life, what would you want your family friends to think? Yeah they would be shocked etc, but would you want them to be bitter and never forgive you, or would you want them to find it in their hearts to try to understand?
    I don't know, tbh. I wouldn't want them to be upset, or to blame themselves. Which is mainly why I don't do it! :o:

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, tbh. I wouldn't want them to be upset, or to blame themselves. Which is mainly why I don't do it! :o:
    OK, well you know that if you ever want to speak to anyone, even if you want to do it a bit more privately by PM, that I'm here

ReputationRep:
    Hope you are all well. Been thinking about seeing the doctor but am going to see how next week goes first. Otherwise things aren't too bad, not as bad as they could be but not 100%but its a start rigt?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    Hope you are all well. Been thinking about seeing the doctor but am going to see how next week goes first. Otherwise things aren't too bad, not as bad as they could be but not 100%but its a start rigt?
    hi Rachel! :hugs: long time no see or chat. How're you coping?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.