Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathperson)
    It would be if I wanted to live, but I don't.
    Its OK I'm just talking about stuff that doesn't matter anymore anyway, so don't feel you need to reply or talk to me
    Well I've got **** all else to do. What are you like apart from being depressed? You like reading/film/yodelling/whatever?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Well I've got **** all else to do. What are you like apart from being depressed? You like reading/film/yodelling/whatever?
    I'm a qualified scuba diver, and I am a member of a gliding club (www.dlgc.org.uk), though university limits how often I can go, so I mainly go in uni' holidays. I study maths at uni', but for how much longer I'm not sure...

ReputationRep:
    I'm a qualified scuba diver, and I am a member of a gliding club (www.dlgc.org.uk), though university limits how often I can go, so I mainly go in uni' holidays. I study maths at uni', but for how much longer I'm not sure...
    Eep. I can barely swim. I actually sink rather than float in water. Gliding sounds pretty cool though. I have no such interesting hobbies, at the moment I'm knitting bats If your uni are such *******s, why don't you go somewhere else? You sound pretty intelligent, so I expect plenty of places would want you.

ReputationRep:
    Wow I would love to go scuba diving, that sounds awesome.

Superwolf has a good point, if university is making you feel that crap why continue to torture yourself? Sorry to kind of butt in but I read your posts and I can't help thinking why not try something new? Ok you don't get on at uni (completely understandable) so why not leave, and I don't know, go on a random trip to America, or somewhere in Europe, or anything? You could go to Australia and go scuba diving on the great barrier reef or something? I imagine that would be absolutely incredible.

Ok you don't want to live much longer, so why not really enjoy yourself first?

ReputationRep:
    Eep. I can barely swim. I actually sink rather than float in water. Gliding sounds pretty cool though. I have no such interesting hobbies, at the moment I'm knitting bats If your uni are such *******s, why don't you go somewhere else? You sound pretty intelligent, so I expect plenty of places would want you.
    The little bats look lovely

Anyway, I could go somewhere else, but I'm in my second year now, the course is OK but the uni' are *******s as you say, besides although I want to do a Ph.D etc I don't want to be spending time as an undergrad' all my life to be honest, you know (and as I said it isn't the course, but the uni').

But I'm beyond looking for help/way of coping now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Wow I would love to go scuba diving, that sounds awesome.

Superwolf has a good point, if university is making you feel that crap why continue to torture yourself? Sorry to kind of butt in but I read your posts and I can't help thinking why not try something new? Ok you don't get on at uni (completely understandable) so why not leave, and I don't know, go on a random trip to America, or somewhere in Europe, or anything? You could go to Australia and go scuba diving on the great barrier reef or something? I imagine that would be absolutely incredible.

Ok you don't want to live much longer, so why not really enjoy yourself first?
    Its not that I don't get on at uni', I love the course, its just that after what happened last semester (suicide), my university are acting ***** and making my life hell

ReputationRep:
    Its not that I don't get on at uni', I love the course, its just that after what happened last semester (suicide), my university are acting ***** and making my life hell
    Something was clearly wrong if you attempted suicide in the first place though...

I know it's a pain in the arse having people hassling you all the time (last semester I had people coming round every day to check I wasn't dead yet), but if you explain that they're only making things worse and just wait a while they'll probably leave you alone.

ReputationRep:
    Something was clearly wrong if you attempted suicide in the first place though...

I know it's a pain in the arse having people hassling you all the time (last semester I had people coming round every day to check I wasn't dead yet), but if you explain that they're only making things worse and just wait a while they'll probably leave you alone.
    I think you've misunderstood, it isn't that they keep checking on me or anything like that, it is a rather complicated situation and I frankly cannot be bothered to explain, but they are all a bunch of *******s who don't care about me, just regulations and how much I pay each year. But if things continue, I won't be here much longer, which is what I want.

ReputationRep:
    I think you've misunderstood, it isn't that they keep checking on me or anything like that, it is a rather complicated situation and I frankly cannot be bothered to explain, but they are all a bunch of *******s who don't care about me, just regulations and how much I pay each year. But if things continue, I won't be here much longer, which is what I want.
    Fair enough, I don't know your situation, but nothing your uni does is worth killing yourself over. Yes, universities are run by greedy selfish *******s, but generally you can just ignore that and get on with your education. And if that's not possible seriously just walk away. You don't even have to tell them if you don't want to, just pack your bags and go.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, I don't know your situation, but nothing your uni does is worth killing yourself over. Yes, universities are run by greedy selfish *******s, but generally you can just ignore that and get on with your education. And if that's not possible seriously just walk away. You don't even have to tell them if you don't want to, just pack your bags and go.
    Its OK, I know you are trying to help etc, and its really nice of you, but I'm done fighting. I've come to terms with the fact that I do want to die.

ReputationRep:
    Its OK, I know you are trying to help etc, and its really nice of you, but I'm done fighting. I've come to terms with the fact that I do want to die.
    Well so do I, but I'm still here. I really don't want to be, but every day I go without killing myself is another day my family get to live without having their lives ruined.

ReputationRep:
    Well so do I, but I'm still here. I really don't want to be, but every day I go without killing myself is another day my family get to live without having their lives ruined.
    The university have one week to start supporting me through this, then semester starts, I can't do this with my university treating me like they are. That isn't my way of saying I want to, because I don't, I'm just letting you know the reason that I feel the way I do, but that doesn't matter anymore, and won't last much longer anyway.

ReputationRep:
    sheffield University Kill Their Students

ReputationRep:
    The university have one week to start supporting me through this, then semester starts, I can't do this with my university treating me like they are. That isn't my way of saying I want to, because I don't, I'm just letting you know the reason that I feel the way I do, but that doesn't matter anymore, and won't last much longer anyway.
    Not quite following your train of thought here. You don't want to what?

ReputationRep:
    Not quite following your train of thought here. You don't want to what?
    sorry, I just meant that I ned the support of my university, and if they don't start supporting me before this semester begins, ie in the next week, I will end it

ReputationRep:
    sorry, I just meant that I ned the support of my university, and if they don't start supporting me before this semester begins, ie in the next week, I will end it
    I think you need to take more responsibility for your own life, rather than say 'if somebody else does this, then I'll kill myself'. It's your life and it's alright to feel bad if things are going wrong, but there are many other things you could try first to improve things before killing yourself.

ReputationRep:
    I think you need to take more responsibility for your own life, rather than say 'if somebody else does this, then I'll kill myself'. It's your life and it's alright to feel bad if things are going wrong, but there are many other things you could try first to improve things before killing yourself.
    "Don't rely on other people for your own personal happiness"

Couldn't agree more.

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou for talking to me, but I have already made my mind up, its fine.

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou for talking to me, but I have already made my mind up, its fine.
    :dontknow: Well I hope you change your mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    I knew I wasn't good enough.

Leeds have rejected me :cry:
    screw uni; lets go travelling. That'll cheer u up. if not i hope u find solace elsewhere.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.