Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Can't ******* sleep!
    :console:

Do you know why or is it just one of them things?

ReputationRep:
    Dunno.

Think I might be getting worked up about college, it's way out of my comfort zone. No-one I know, a train ride and a long walk from home, completly new course

ReputationRep:
    Dunno.

Think I might be getting worked up about college, it's way out of my comfort zone. No-one I know, a train ride and a long walk from home, completly new course
    :hugs: New stuff like that is always difficult and whilst it's out of your comfort zone perhaps that's a really good thing about it? Only by stepping out of our comfort zones do we get better at new stuff. See it as a fantastic new opportunity to study something you're passionate about and to make a load of new friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    :hugs: New stuff like that is always difficult and whilst it's out of your comfort zone perhaps that's a really good thing about it? Only by stepping out of our comfort zones do we get better at new stuff. See it as a fantastic new opportunity to study something you're passionate about and to make a load of new friends.
    I suppose, I'm excited to be getting back and getting a second chance at education, but there's always the nagging doubt at the back of my mind that I'm not good enough. I was talking with my to be tutor today and he was saying that I will need to get distinctions in everything to get into most of the unis I want, which means perfect work first time everytime. :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    I suppose, I'm excited to be getting back and getting a second chance at education, but there's always the nagging doubt at the back of my mind that I'm not good enough. I was talking with my to be tutor today and he was saying that I will need to get distinctions in everything to get into most of the unis I want, which means perfect work first time everytime. :eek3:
    Wow that's a lot of pressure. :console: But you know just go for it, do your best and there's not much else you can do. It's great you're giving education a second chance rather than giving up, surely if you weren't good enough they wouldn't have accepted you to begin with?

ReputationRep:
    Hope everyone gets the results they wanted today. xx :hugs: xxx

ReputationRep:
    good news

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    good news
    ooh ooh what? :
    e :dit: sorry my smilies aren't showing up so going to test them...
    :hugs:
    :p:
    :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vienna Cannon)
    ooh ooh what? :d: :d:

i'll pm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    i'll pm
    :d:

ReputationRep:
    oooh wow i have discovered the best smilie ever.... anyone wanna see it? :p:

ReputationRep:
    congrats malsy!

ReputationRep:
    thank you:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    good news
    Congrats. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I wish people would stop giving me solutions to problems that I don't actually have.

advice on losing weight when I don't really mind the weight I am, yeah I've gained some weight but I don't have a massive problem with it, there's no need to constantly tell me I should cut down on carbs or exercise more or whatever. If it bothered me that much I would be doing something!

telling me I should change my diet or get to a doctor because I sleep too much. I sleep the occasional afternoon, because I sleep appallingly at night. what's the effing problem? Even after I say I don't care it's all 'oh, it's not normal. you're not 15 anymore.

mum actually told me today my life is **** because I can't possibly be happy at the weight I am and I sleep too much. wtf that womans problem is I don't know. 2 of the least problematic areas of my life, and suddenly they're why it's rubbish.

edit: she even knows I was at the pub last night and didn't go to sleep until 5am, so the three hours of sleep i've had tonight aren't even extra sleep it's just bloody catching up! she is a nut job!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Hello Everyone. Well prozac seems to be going OK. i can't sleep with it, but I think that's fairly standard and I know I'm not the only one.

however my appetite has gone completely, i think I'd be perfectly happy just not eating full stop. But I don't have weight to lose. Has anyone else been able to deal with this - like for example, if you had this problem was there something in particular you found you could eat? I would try and at least have shakes like complan or slimfast when i couldn't stomach solid food, but they set off my IBS.

On a positive note, i don't feel on the verge of tears all the time now. it's a nice change. Completely emotionally numb now, don't really feel much at all, but that's fine by me, would rather not have the alternative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GR29KHS)
    Hello Everyone. Well prozac seems to be going OK. i can't sleep with it, but I think that's fairly standard and I know I'm not the only one.

How are you finding it? I started on Prozac last week after switching from escitalopram to mirtazapine to prozac in the space of three weeks! To be fair, though, I was on escitalopram for almost 7 months.

I find the same thing with sleep. Damn insomnia!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melting_snow)
    How are you finding it? I started on Prozac last week after switching from escitalopram to mirtazapine to prozac in the space of three weeks! To be fair, though, I was on escitalopram for almost 7 months.

I find the same thing with sleep. Damn insomnia!
    Hope you don't mind me asking, I'm just curious, why the quick changes? Antidepressants take a while to kick in. If you don't want to say that's cool too, good luck with the prozac.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Hope you don't mind me asking, I'm just curious, why the quick changes? Antidepressants take a while to kick in. If you don't want to say that's cool too, good luck with the prozac.
    of course i dont mind answering
    escitalopram wasn't doing much for me.
    i completely lost in a few weeks ago, was cleaning manically, crying hysterically and so on so the crisis team got called out. their doctor switched me to mirtazapine. it made me gain 7lbs in 2 weeks, my hair was falling out and i was being sick an awful lot. my GP switched it to prozac, because mirtazapine was making my life a lot more difficult.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.