Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathperson)
    sorry, I just meant that I ned the support of my university, and if they don't start supporting me before this semester begins, ie in the next week, I will end it
    hi,

sorry for not posting sooner but u kinda brought back bad memories so i was avoiding you but super and kiss' posts came across as a bit weird and patronising and i wanted to share my experiences. i was doing maths at oxford a few years back and i hated the people, the course, the tutors and everything. Nobody seemed to care and even the counsellor told me to leave; some of the snobs insulted me and told me to lewve. The doctor wouldn't write me a mdical note. It got tothe stage where i realised i was on my own and no body wanted to help me in my time of my most need. . So i just gave up on academia and thought about ending life, quite similar to the situaion you describe. Anyhow i just persevered and did bits and pireces whilst doing what i could to keep myself happy and not let suicide get closer. i bought a lot of dvds, wenttto the cinema, walked around ox's parks and forests aimlessly. So i failed my exams and left. That is when the recovery started. I was back in my home town around normal people and worked in a bookshop.This was amongst the most revealing period in my life. I realised that there is no point doing something unless it makes you happy. So getting to the point: my advise to you is yes people in this world are ****** up. they dont care and nor will your uni; if u die you'll just be another statistic - yes they might do a reportinto it but no one cares enough to change the university support structure so i wouldn't hold your hopes high. My advise is to drop out, work for a bit and travel, and see where life takes you.- that is what i have been doing these last few years after oxford; depression opens your eyes to reality and if anything comes out of all that negative it is that, so please please please dont kill yourself; life cant get any worse so there is only one way and that is UP! Stay positive, look at the big picture and chill out; try adopting a "i dont give a ****" attitude to your problems - that helpe me

If you want to talk, pm me

all the best mate

ReputationRep:
    :cry: everything's getting worse again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    :cry: everything's getting worse again.
    :jumphug: What's wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    :jumphug: What's wrong?
    asking what's not wrong would probably be better. I keep thinking all these things I shouldn't and I can't stop it but the good thing is I still know I shouldn't be thinking them. Like in class what I could hear the people behind saying it wasn't good and spent the whole time trying to work out what to do and scared as hell. and the cleaners were outside my room for ages so then it started with them too.

ReputationRep:
    asking what's not wrong would probably be better. I keep thinking all these things I shouldn't and I can't stop it but the good thing is I still know I shouldn't be thinking them. Like in class what I could hear the people behind saying it wasn't good and spent the whole time trying to work out what to do and scared as hell. and the cleaners were outside my room for ages so then it started with them too.
    ****, I'm so sorry things are getting worse again. But like you say at least you realise there's something wrong. Did you keep taking the lower dose of quetiapine, cos maybe that's what's caused it.

Is there anything I can do?

ReputationRep:
    ****, I'm so sorry things are getting worse again. But like you say at least you realise there's something wrong. Did you keep taking the lower dose of quetiapine, cos maybe that's what's caused it.

Is there anything I can do?
    I am still taking the lower dose but I don't know I wanted to stop it, like when I saw my other psychiatrist she said stress makes stuff worse which is why its getting worse since xmas and I have an essay due soon which is just not happening. So maybe that.

not really but thanks. are you ok?

ReputationRep:
    I am still taking the lower dose but I don't know I wanted to stop it, like when I saw my other psychiatrist she said stress makes stuff worse which is why its getting worse since xmas and I have an essay due soon which is just not happening. So maybe that.

not really but thanks. are you ok?
    I'm feeling pretty rubbish, can't decide whether I'm ill or it's just bad side-effects but still got the whole dizzy/shaky thing going on. And my mouth is as dry as the sahara desert. But hell, at least it's not serious.

Can you get an extension on the essay?

ReputationRep:
    I'm feeling pretty rubbish, can't decide whether I'm ill or it's just bad side-effects but still got the whole dizzy/shaky thing going on. And my mouth is as dry as the sahara desert. But hell, at least it's not serious.

Can you get an extension on the essay?
    not serious :mmm:

that doesn't sound fun, sugar-free chewing gum helps with the dry mouth. though it's only temporary.

probably not...I was meant to do a presentation a few weeks ago, I didn't, he said I could do an essay instead, yeah...can't do that either.

ReputationRep:
    not serious :mmm:

that doesn't sound fun, sugar-free chewing gum helps with the dry mouth. though it's only temporary.

probably not...I was meant to do a presentation a few weeks ago, I didn't, he said I could do an essay instead, yeah...can't do that either.
    Thanks, you reminded me I've actually got chewing gum.

It is still only one essay though, and you managed to get all your other ones done. Even if you don't hand it in, worst that can happen is you fail one module and have to redo it some other time. Maybe you could email your lecturer and say you're struggling with it and he might give you some extra help. Unless if he's a ****, in which case don't bother.

ReputationRep:
    Arghh i need a holiday

ReputationRep:
    nice of someone to neg' rep' me saying "get a grip idiot, winge winge winge, pffft", people these days.

Whats more ironic is that they are presumably in the depression society (they didn't leave a name , funny that) and you'd have thought that they would be more understanding?

Obviously havn't been in this situation.

ReputationRep:
    nice of someone to neg' rep' me saying "get a grip idiot, winge winge winge, pffft", people these days.

Whats more ironic is that they are presumably in the depression society (they didn't leave a name , funny that) and you'd have thought that they would be more understanding?

:hugs: There's an awful lot of ignorant idiotic ********* on this forum, just ignore them, eh? They don't understand at all, so whatever to them.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8493149.stm

Though I'd say, uninformed as I am, that if you're depressed the internet is a pretty good place to turn.

ReputationRep:
    I might be getting a whole new life, but I'm scared that it will all fall through and I'll be stuck in this rut :cry:

ReputationRep:

It wasn't me! I hope you found some of my post useful?

ReputationRep:
    Interesting:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8493149.stm

Though I'd say, uninformed as I am, that if you're depressed the internet is a pretty good place to turn.
    I saw that earlier and i smirked. I thought "if it weren't for the internet and chatting to people on this thread i'd be proper depressed and suicidal perhaps" - you guys keep me sane - thank you everyone :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I went to the GP last Friday about my depression, where she gave my number to a counselling group. They still haven't called yet though, I hope they haven't forgot about me . To be honest, I might have preferred pills, I feel messed up and I just need anything to help me. I have been using St John's Wort on and off since August, I don't think it works though . Arghhh! On top of that I feel so unmotivated at school, and my A Levels are somewhat of a mess. I dunno if I can stand having to do Year 14 next year, which is what will have to happen if I want 3 full A Levels. Education and everything is just so bloody tiring right now :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    I went to the GP last Friday about my depression, where she gave my number to a counselling group. They still haven't called yet though, I hope they haven't forgot about me . To be honest, I might have preferred pills, I feel messed up and I just need anything to help me. I have been using St John's Wort on and off since August, I don't think it works though . Arghhh! On top of that I feel so unmotivated at school, and my A Levels are somewhat of a mess. I dunno if I can stand having to do Year 14 next year, which is what will have to happen if I want 3 full A Levels. Education and everything is just so bloody tiring right now :cry:
    screw academia! Go travelling and come back with a fresh mind i say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    screw academia! Go travelling and come back with a fresh mind i say
    Hmm, that's what I was thinking of doing actually. I dunno, it might be a bit weird to drop out now. Maybe I'll just try to finish Year 13 as best as possible and see what happens from there? I mean, I would like to go uni, but my brain just feels so messed up and confused at the moment, all this stupid depression, I just feel so stupid . :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Hmm, that's what I was thinking of doing actually. I dunno, it might be a bit weird to drop out now. Maybe I'll just try to finish Year 13 as best as possible and see what happens from there? I mean, I would like to go uni, but my brain just feels so messed up and confused at the moment, all this stupid depression, I just feel so stupid . :sigh:
    uni is not all that it is hyped up to be. Infact it's the worst experience of my **** life so far! Do year 13 cos you have so little time left, get a job over the summer and work a bit and then use the money to go to thailand or something! I'm gonig to the usa in june-august, back to uk for a bit then out to thailand for a month in november!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.