Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melting_snow)
    of course i dont mind answering
    escitalopram wasn't doing much for me.
    i completely lost in a few weeks ago, was cleaning manically, crying hysterically and so on so the crisis team got called out. their doctor switched me to mirtazapine. it made me gain 7lbs in 2 weeks, my hair was falling out and i was being sick an awful lot. my GP switched it to prozac, because mirtazapine was making my life a lot more difficult.
    Whoa some quite severe adverse reactions. Normally people just feel a wee bit tired or sick or whatever.

Thanks for the explanation. I hope prozac works out for you.

Feel free to post here if you ever feel the need to talk to people in a similar situation. The people here are well nice and talking can really help with depression.

ReputationRep:
    Mixed feelings towards results, did well in all my AS subjects but my A2 result was dreadful Beginning to wonder whether i could continue or if im going to fail all of my A2's, i dont think i can face how dissapointed everyone will be with me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GR29KHS)
    Hello Everyone. Well prozac seems to be going OK. i can't sleep with it, but I think that's fairly standard and I know I'm not the only one.

however my appetite has gone completely, i think I'd be perfectly happy just not eating full stop. But I don't have weight to lose. Has anyone else been able to deal with this - like for example, if you had this problem was there something in particular you found you could eat? I would try and at least have shakes like complan or slimfast when i couldn't stomach solid food, but they set off my IBS.

On a positive note, i don't feel on the verge of tears all the time now. it's a nice change. Completely emotionally numb now, don't really feel much at all, but that's fine by me, would rather not have the alternative
    yeh the sleeping part's a *****. and the eating as well I went days without eating until i got the urge to eat... a slice of bread.
    I would say those shakes would be good... however as you said it will set off your ibs... but you could also try (I know this will sound absolutely disgyusting) but making yourself a meal then food processor to make it drinkable... or you could always try soup because they don't feel like food but they are and sometimes they can give you just what you need or sometimes less than but it is way better than nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxkaylsxx)
    Mixed feelings towards results, did well in all my AS subjects but my A2 result was dreadful Beginning to wonder whether i could continue or if im going to fail all of my A2's, i dont think i can face how dissapointed everyone will be with me.
    No one will be disappointed... IF you fail. they will be happy that you tried. :hugs:
    also one poor result doesn't mean all the others are going to follow...

ReputationRep:
    How are you finding it?
    I'm not really sure yet, it's not done much apart from just switch off emotions completely. I'm only experiencing the 2 side effects at the moment. This is the only antidepressant I've ever been on, and only about 2 weeks so far - hence why I'm only just feeling a little from it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vienna Cannon)
    ... or you could always try soup because they don't feel like food but they are and sometimes they can give you just what you need or sometimes less than but it is way better than nothing.
    I think soup might be the answer then, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    life just isnt fair. after doing well in my ASs i've still gotta hold back cause of my mediocre gcses. yet people that did badly yesterday still have hope. :sigh:
    :hugs: There's always hope still, i know it's hard to see it or feel hopeful, but there is, you'll get there one day!

Argh woke up crying this morning , now i've got the shakes. this isn't fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    thank you:hugs:

do you like tea? it's lovely and has been proven to de-stress people:o: :hugs:

I love tea, especially sweet tea, just had some then....feeling a lot better, thanks malsy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twizzle)
    I love tea, especially sweet tea, just had some then....feeling a lot better, thanks malsy!
    hehe might ask you something... in pm..

ReputationRep:
    I had a bad day today. I woke up feeling very wobbly as it was. I went out with my friend, which made things worse. You may be wondering why being out with my friend would make things worse.

Well. I am very quickly losing my trust in people. I don't feel like I can trust anyone and would rather push people away than have them abandon me. I hadn't seen my best friend for a year. Long story short, I met her online (on this site called BUS). We became very good friends, stayed at each others houses and going on nights out etc. I hadn't seen her for ages and she wasn't replyin to my texts, so i text her saying "I would like to know where I stand with our friendship. If you want to leave all bus related things in the past then thats fine". She text me back the next day saying "it is a bus related thing. I'm sorry. You've been a great friend". Well, I can't have been that much of a great friend.

She was awesome. She came through to my house the day my mum died, used to come take me out when I was upset, even came to my mums funeral even though she didn't know my mum. I don't see how someone you are so close to can just tell you to **** off and get out of their lives.

I had abandonment issues as it was. I went out with my other best friend on tuesday night, and she dropped me for somenoe else, so I went home. My cousin (who I was very very close to) hasn't been in touch for 4 weeks. WHAT IS GOING ON? What have I done wrong?

I don't know if anyone here has lost a parent or sibling or someone else really close to them, but I wanted to ask a question. Do you ever feel that if you can't get in touch with someone they have died too?

Its stupid and pathetic but it's how I feel. I lost my mum 2.5 years ago suddenly to cancer. Ever since, if my dad doesn't answer his phone, I think he's died. If my sister comes home late, I think she's died. One time my dad and sister were both late back (my dad from work and sister from school) and I got it into my stupid head that my sister had committed suicide in the school toilets and my dad had been called into school, that they were both at the hospital and no one had got in touch to let me know. Right now my dad's van and his girlfriends car are outside the house and I have in my head that they've gone out and made a suicide pact. I mean, WTF??!! I hate that I can't control this stupid worrying.

I also have a blocked nose, itchy eyes and a horrible cough. AS IF I could feel more sorry for myself....!
    So tonight I plan to get so drunk I dno't have to think.

I feel like a pathetic, useless waste of space.

ReputationRep:
    Well, my dad just phoned and it turns out he's gone camping with his g/f for the weekend. Yeah, thanks for letting me know

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if anyone here has lost a parent or sibling or someone else really close to them, but I wanted to ask a question. Do you ever feel that if you can't get in touch with someone they have died too?

Its stupid and pathetic but it's how I feel. I lost my mum 2.5 years ago suddenly to cancer. Ever since, if my dad doesn't answer his phone, I think he's died. If my sister comes home late, I think she's died. One time my dad and sister were both late back (my dad from work and sister from school) and I got it into my stupid head that my sister had committed suicide in the school toilets and my dad had been called into school, that they were both at the hospital and no one had got in touch to let me know. Right now my dad's van and his girlfriends car are outside the house and I have in my head that they've gone out and made a suicide pact. I mean, WTF??!! I hate that I can't control this stupid worrying.

I also have a blocked nose, itchy eyes and a horrible cough. AS IF I could feel more sorry for myself....!
    So tonight I plan to get so drunk I dno't have to think.

I feel like a pathetic, useless waste of space.
    sorry that you had such a bad day, what's bus? i'm sure if she was leaving that whole thing behind her it isn't anything to do with you, sometimes you just have to make those tough choices.

I get the exact same thing as you since my best friend/girl I was in love with died. if my brother's room is locked and I don't know where he is I think he's killed himself in there. if my boyfriend's late to pick me up I worry that he's had a crash. it goes on.
    I think about things a lot more in terms of life and death now as well. I'm always saying 'if I died tomorrow' or 'if you walked down that road and got hit by a bus'. I base things on the probability that me or someone I love won't be around tomorrow. I find myself doing or saying things because worry that someone will die.

in other words, I share your pain.

ReputationRep:
    I forgot to mention my brother got rid of the chickens even after I begged him to just let me have them. he's such an *******.

ReputationRep:
    No one will be disappointed... IF you fail. they will be happy that you tried. :hugs:
    also one poor result doesn't mean all the others are going to follow...
    Thankyou :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou :hugs:
    :hugs: dont need to thank me

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: dont need to thank me
    How are you today?

ReputationRep:
    How are you today?
    bit low and got a bit of an icky tum. hows you?

ReputationRep:
    bit low and got a bit of an icky tum. hows you?
    A little low. I've been at work all day so im really tired and i dont think thats helping much. there is also the fact that my brother is constantly trying to pick a fight with me. :o:

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I am sorry I haven't been around much recently, it has been so hectic recently.

how are we all? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I hate going outside. Went out for the first time in nearly a week today and everyone was staring, laughing and making comments, I can't stand it. **** knows how I'm going to manage at uni.

(Original post by Immunity)
    Hey guys,

I am sorry I haven't been around much recently, it has been so hectic recently.

how are we all? :hugs:
    Hey Immunity, how're you?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.