Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dappleddawndrawndauphin)
    :hugs: I'm having a non-zombie day for once (probably cos the sun is shining, which NEVER happens here) but I definitely feel that way a lot of the time... I'm about to go on a walk, maybe you could try that? Sometimes if you put some loud music on the ipod and go on a vigorous walk somewhere nice it can lift your mood more than you expect. I know what you mean about holidays... Sorry you're feeling lonely :console: are there are any local groups you can join to meet people? I have people to hang out with here but they're not close friends and I almost resent having to spend time with them at the moment I just feel like being alone. I'm invited for pancakes at my friend's tonight but I don't want to... makes me feel a bit ungrateful really so I am going to go anyway
    you should go! you should be happy you get invited. Some of us (me especially) would die to be invited to something! I'm just spending this evening (as most evening) alone in my room in front of the computer. Also, what kind of groups are you talking about? I don't know what sort of group i would join . I'm 23 (probably a bit to old for youth groups), and i just don't know where I would meet people to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    you should go! you should be happy you get invited. Some of us (me especially) would die to be invited to something! I'm just spending this evening (as most evening) alone in my room in front of the computer. Also, what kind of groups are you talking about? I don't know what sort of group i would join . I'm 23 (probably a bit to old for youth groups), and i just don't know where I would meet people to be honest.
    Yeah I know, I do feel guilty for not appreciating it more and I know how much it sucks to feel totally isolated, I've been there. I just feel really antisocial atm and miss having genuine close friends like at undergrad, but I guess I still speak to them on the phone. Plus - and I know how petty this is - the girl who usually asks to spend time with me is one of these very organised, very stable and slightly holier-than-thou types and tends to make me feel bad about myself - though I realise this is my problem rather than hers!

Anyway! Well didn't you say you were at uni and working in schools at the moment? Do you have any colleagues at the school you could approach, or anyone at the uni who seems ok? You could join a sport group of some kind, and there can be really random classes going on in some places if you look hard enough e.g. ballroom dancing, etc. Maybe you could see if there's anyone on TSR who lives near you and wants to hang out?

ReputationRep:
    Well I went to work today. Apart from getting a bit panicky and feeling teary I got through it, even if my boss's dog did decide to do a runner when I was the only person there...

However, today seems to be the first day since starting citalopram where I don't feel so tired I can't think, which means I'm really not feeling too great.

Oh and to people saying they feel they have no friends: I know how you feel, I have people that will talk to me, but... Joining clubs does help. I joined a local rowing club before I started feeling like this 24/7 and I met quite a few nice people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    Well I went to work today. Apart from getting a bit panicky and feeling teary I got through it, even if my boss's dog did decide to do a runner when I was the only person there...
    However, today seems to be the first day since starting citalopram where I don't feel so tired I can't think, which means I'm really not feeling too great.
    Oh and to people saying they feel they have no friends: I know how you feel, I have people that will talk to me, but... Joining clubs does help. I joined a local rowing club before I started feeling like this 24/7 and I met quite a few nice people.
    Well done! I'm quite impressed actually, I don't think I could've done a day's work during the first week and a half of fluoxetine... Sorry to hear you're not feeling good today. What kinds of thoughts have been bothering you?
    I agree about the clubs thing.

Well I went for my pancakes, and have to admit as usual I feel worse after going ... It's probably the mild social anxiety and general joy of facing reality. Have to see my lecturer tomorrow and now have two days to write this wretched essay, :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    feeling so rubbish. I saw a gp for repeat prescription today and she was apparently worried so is getting me an earlier psychiatrist appintment, I don't want to go I'm sick of it all, I hate hate hate hate these "medications". and I read the letters on the screen in the gp, they didn't mention depression there was like 5 I'm worried they've forgotten about that but I'm still depressed! just there's other stuff too but i think if they solve the depression everything will be different anyway so why not focus on that? that's what's causing all the problems.

ReputationRep:
    I'm drinkijng away my sorrows. It works

ReputationRep:
    I am an idiot where is my willpower? ffs all I have to do is sit down and knock out a 4500 word essay, it's not rocket science, it doesn't have to be perfect (even though I think it does), what is wrong with me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    feeling so rubbish. I saw a gp for repeat prescription today and she was apparently worried so is getting me an earlier psychiatrist appintment, I don't want to go I'm sick of it all, I hate hate hate hate these "medications". and I read the letters on the screen in the gp, they didn't mention depression there was like 5 I'm worried they've forgotten about that but I'm still depressed! just there's other stuff too but i think if they solve the depression everything will be different anyway so why not focus on that? that's what's causing all the problems.
    :hugs: Do you know why she was worried? That's bad about missing off the depression; can you bring it up to the psychiatrist and tell them that you're most worried about that?

(Original post by Nothos)
    I'm drinkijng away my sorrows. It works http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...al/biggrin.gif
    That's never worked so much for me - alcohol just exacerbates whatever mood I'm in at the time! Weirdly though I remember the rare occasions at undergrad when I smoked the odd bit of friends' pot made me feel good - more relaxed I think. Probably the only time I slept properly

ReputationRep:
    "To alcohol...the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems!"

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone find that caffeine reacts badly with the antidepressants?? I don't know whether I'm imagining it but I think my really low moods seem to come back whenever I drink caffeinated drinks :confused: Also is it usual to still be swinging between high and low moods after 5 weeks of prozac?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dappleddawndrawndauphin)
    Does anyone find that caffeine reacts badly with the antidepressants?? I don't know whether I'm imagining it but I think my really low moods seem to come back whenever I drink caffeinated drinks :confused: Also is it usual to still be swinging between high and low moods after 5 weeks of prozac?
    Not me. Caffeine is one of the few drugs which actually make me happy. But unfortunately it also makes my heart go waaay too fast.

Try avoiding it for a while and see if that helps?

ReputationRep:
    I cannot imagine surviving this semester. I came back from christmas raring to go with uni', but the uni' are causing me problems about when to sit the exams I missed (it was arranged that I wouldn't sit them at the moment). I won't go into the whole story because I can't be bothered. But I feel almost as low now as when I took an overdose in November. I could have been 'at peace' now, 6 ft under, but I'm here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathperson)
    I cannot imagine surviving this semester. I came back from christmas raring to go with uni', but the uni' are causing me problems about when to sit the exams I missed (it was arranged that I wouldn't sit them at the moment). I won't go into the whole story because I can't be bothered. But I feel almost as low now as when I took an overdose in November. I could have been 'at peace' now, 6 ft under, but I'm here
    Yeah, most of the time I can't imagine any sort of a future for myself. I suppose that's where taking things one day at a time comes in.

I take it things aren't going too good at the moment... :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Yeah, most of the time I can't imagine any sort of a future for myself. I suppose that's where taking things one day at a time comes in.

I take it things aren't going too good at the moment... :hugs:
    I love my course and I just want to get on with it, but The University of Sheffield is more concernet with beauracracy than helping its students, despite the fact this is a serious situation having attempted suicide before.

I told my disability coordinator (asperger's) who is very nice, that this is having a negative impact on me, and she simply told people at a meeting. People at this university havn't got the boll***s to stand up and do something, they are more worried about filling in the correct forms.

I just want to say I'm not being childish or impatient, I have nothing against 'a little bit' of beauracracy because it lets people keep track of situations, if you see what I mean. However beauracracy is surposed to be a tool to make things run smoother, but at this uni' people are so obsessed with it that it actually severely hinders progress.

I am sick to death*

(*no pun intended)

ReputationRep:
    I love my course and I just want to get on with it, but The University of Sheffield is more concernet with beauracracy than helping its students, despite the fact this is a serious situation having attempted suicide before.

I told my disability coordinator (asperger's) who is very nice, that this is having a negative impact on me, and she simply told people at a meeting. People at this university havn't got the boll***s to stand up and do something, they are more worried about filling in the correct forms.

I just want to say I'm not being childish or impatient, I have nothing against 'a little bit' of beauracracy because it lets people keep track of situations, if you see what I mean. However beauracracy is surposed to be a tool to make things run smoother, but at this uni' people are so obsessed with it that it actually severely hinders progress.

I am sick to death*

(*no pun intended)
    Universities are run by *******s. :sadnod: Do you think there's anybody, like your disabilities coordinator, who could maybe deal with all this stuff on your behalf? That way you wouldn't have to deal with all this **** yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Universities are run by *******s. :sadnod: Do you think there's anybody, like your disabilities coordinator, who could maybe deal with all this stuff on your behalf? That way you wouldn't have to deal with all this **** yourself.
    She is trying to deal with as much of it as she can, but because she is linked to the uni', frankly although she is nice, no-one at the 'disability and dyslexia "support service" ' have the ******** to actually stand up and say whats right for me, to obsessed with making sure the correct form is filled in.

I started to feel so low that I went and brought sleeping pills again, showed them to me support worker and said that this is really making me feel down, but the uni' didn't listen. To be honest, and I'm feeling like this more because of whats happening but I have felt like it since my last attempt, I do want to just end it. Like I said in my last post, I could be at peace now, but I'm still here dealing not with social stuff which caused me to 'do it' in the first place, but crap from my own uni', its a absolute joke.

ReputationRep:
    She is trying to deal with as much of it as she can, but because she is linked to the uni', frankly although she is nice, no-one at the 'disability and dyslexia "support service" ' have the ******** to actually stand up and say whats right for me, to obsessed with making sure the correct form is filled in.

I started to feel so low that I went and brought sleeping pills again, showed them to me support worker and said that this is really making me feel down, but the uni' didn't listen. To be honest, and I'm feeling like this more because of whats happening but I have felt like it since my last attempt, I do want to just end it. Like I said in my last post, I could be at peace now, but I'm still here dealing not with social stuff which caused me to 'do it' in the first place, but crap from my own uni', its a absolute joke.
    :console: If you really think that uni is the thing that might push you over the edge, then I'd definitely say you should at least consider taking some time off. What year are you in?

Are you an atheist (I am)? Cos if you are, there's really no such thing as being at peace. You just exist and exist, til all of a sudden you don't.

ReputationRep:
    :console: If you really think that uni is the thing that might push you over the edge, then I'd definitely say you should at least consider taking some time off. What year are you in?

Are you an atheist (I am)? Cos if you are, there's really no such thing as being at peace. You just exist and exist, til all of a sudden you don't.
    I'm in my second year. You see it isn't that I have a problem with the course, its the people running it are making my life hard, essentially.

I am an atheist also. But you know what I mean, I could be dead rather than dealing with this nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    The University of Sheffield empties people's bank accounts, put people in debt and doesn't provide lecturers that even speak the language, as well as cuts teaching for the students. It is more interested in beauracracy than helping students, even if the student has already attempted suicide whilst at uni'.

The University of Sheffield is an absolute joke and I wish I never came here, because it encourages it's students to kill themselves.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in my second year. You see it isn't that I have a problem with the course, its the people running it are making my life hard, essentially.

I am an atheist also. But you know what I mean, I could be dead rather than dealing with this nonsense.
    Hmm. I recommend ignoring your problems, and hoping they go away. It sometimes works for me.

Yeah, I understand. Wish I didn't feel the same way...

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.