Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    I can't stop crying at random things.

Went and saw The Lovely Bones, cried all the way through that, I'm now crying my way through an episode of Being Human. Woo.
    Crying at tv can be cathartic. Plus if it makes you feel any better I cried buckets at the last episode of Being Human, especially the bit with Annie's mother... & I couldn't go see The Lovely Bones because watching the trailer was too much for me :o: I do sometimes feel like one of the reasons I get depressed is because emotionally speaking I have a protective skin missing and feel oversensitized to everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dappleddawndrawndauphin)
    Well I know it will take a long time, but yeah I do feel better knowing I've taken steps to arrange it

Could be - apparently they think genetics play a role in these things. I try to tell myself it could be a lot worse for me considering that my dad's side has a long history of bipolar and my mum's side have all been depressive alcoholics... But whatever the reason, it's good that he is understanding. My mum is actually very critical of how I am despite the fact she and those close to her went through the same things - it seems to stem from a sense of guilt at passing it on.
    6'4", crikey... People that tall intimidate me :p: Well best of luck to him but 2 stone in 2 weeks does sound pretty implausible!!

How're you today? I'm proud of being up before noon on a Sunday but slept very little and feel a bit bleurgh
    Yeah, I think parents do worry about it being 'their' fault, when it's actually no one's fault.

Haha, yes he's really tall! And to think I used to be the tallest child :o: Well, given that he's relying on weetabix and apples now that he's run out of his various powders and he have not much else in the house, he's going to find it very hard!

Well I didn't get to sleep until 6am... Yeah, my mind was way too awake. And to think I'm supposed to be back at school tomorrow. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    god, the one time you're up during the day like you thought your mother wants she proposes giving the computer to the young'uns to play with and you GO TO SLEEP

like seriously wtf i've just had ten+ hours thanks but yeah meh fml hate myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    god, the one time you're up during the day like you thought your mother wants she proposes giving the computer to the young'uns to play with and you GO TO SLEEP

like seriously wtf i've just had ten+ hours thanks but yeah meh fml hate myself
    :hugs:

She probably just thinks she helping. Surely they won't be on it too long? A lot of parents seem to get funny about letting younger kids on the computer all day.

ReputationRep:
    i think i have mental problems - i've not been able to study for the whole of reading week . I have an exam on thurs and a project due soon and i've not done either!

ReputationRep:
    Brrrrrrrrrrrrr. The boiler's broken and I'm freezing. I'm wearing pyjamas, two jumpers, socks, fingerless gloves, in bed with a duvet and a blanket and I'm still cold. Never mind killing myself, I'm gonna freeze to death.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    i think i have mental problems - i've not been able to study for the whole of reading week . I have an exam on thurs and a project due soon and i've not done either!
    :console: I did nothing over reading week either. Tried...failed. Would it be an idea to tell someone at your uni you're having problems?

(Original post by superwolf)
    Brrrrrrrrrrrrr. The boiler's broken and I'm freezing. I'm wearing pyjamas, two jumpers, socks, fingerless gloves, in bed with a duvet and a blanket and I'm still cold. Never mind killing myself, I'm gonna freeze to death.
    Put a hat on, they're most effective for stopping you getting cold.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Put a hat on, they're most effective for stopping you getting cold.
    Wearing a hoodie. :yep: Had a cup of tea and I've warmed up slightly...

ReputationRep:
    Wearing a hoodie. :yep: Had a cup of tea and I've warmed up slightly...
    :hugs: I know how you feel - I've been going to bed fully clothed with the thickest socks I can find and 2 duvets and a blanket! There's nothing wrong with our heating, I just get cold so easily when I'm asleep... Thick socks/lots of socks are the best. :yep:

-

I feel like I'm going backwards... I had a few good days. Well, not great as my concentration etc was still shot, but at least I didn't feel like this. I feel exactly how I felt in October when everything fell apart and I constantly had school staff watching me... I don't want to go back to sixth form tomorrow, I want to have at least another week of to try and feel ready for it, but I doubt my parents will let me have more time off and if they do, I'll have so much more to catch up on... :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    :hugs: I know how you feel - I've been going to bed fully clothed with the thickest socks I can find and 2 duvets and a blanket! There's nothing wrong with our heating, I just get cold so easily when I'm asleep... Thick socks/lots of socks are the best. :yep:

-

I feel like I'm going backwards... I had a few good days. Well, not great as my concentration etc was still shot, but at least I didn't feel like this. I feel exactly how I felt in October when everything fell apart and I constantly had school staff watching me... I don't want to go back to sixth form tomorrow, I want to have at least another week of to try and feel ready for it, but I doubt my parents will let me have more time off and if they do, I'll have so much more to catch up on... :cry:
    :console: If you really don't feel ready to go back yet then maybe you shouldn't. If you push yourself too much you might end up feeling worse. How about if you only stayed off a couple more days, or only went in to lessons you like?

ReputationRep:
    :console: If you really don't feel ready to go back yet then maybe you shouldn't. If you push yourself too much you might end up feeling worse. How about if you only stayed off a couple more days, or only went in to lessons you like?
    I don't want the arguments with my parents though. I'm not sure I would go to any lessons if I were to go in, I just can't face it.

Edit: I just asked my Mum and she had a go at me and told me it was 'those stupid pills'. They can't force me to go obviously, it's optional education but...

ReputationRep:
    I don't want the arguments with my parents though. I'm not sure I would go to any lessons if I were to go in, I just can't face it.

Edit: I just asked my Mum and she had a go at me and told me it was 'those stupid pills'. They can't force me to go obviously, it's optional education but...
    Best way not to argue with your parents: don't speak to them. Ok, so it's really bad advice, but it generally works for me...

ReputationRep:
    Best way not to argue with your parents: don't speak to them. Ok, so it's really bad advice, but it generally works for me...
    That's a policy I normally follow, but they're touchy about me not going into school. I don't see why, I've never skived before. :rolleyes:

Oh well, I'll just not leave the house tomorrow, that way I can't go into school. I will have a massive breakdown in front of people if I go in and lessons and me just don't mix, the last lessons I had before half term I burst into tears in and didn't do anything. Yeah, 'cause that's more useful than staying at home and trying to do some work in private...

ReputationRep:

I just used to either say a) I had a really bad headache and spent the day sleeping or b) if I wanted a longer time off would say I threw up during the night/morning and am still feeling sick. Works a treat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I just used to either say a) I had a really bad headache and spent the day sleeping or b) if I wanted a longer time off would say I threw up during the night/morning and am still feeling sick. Works a treat.
    My parents can see straight through me, they'll know I'm lying. They're insane about me going to school, even when I took time off for what turned out to be swine flu, they still told me I was skiving... I think I'll just stay in my room and they'll say something in that disappointed voice and leave me alone..

ReputationRep:
    That's a policy I normally follow, but they're touchy about me not going into school. I don't see why, I've never skived before. :rolleyes:

Oh well, I'll just not leave the house tomorrow, that way I can't go into school. I will have a massive breakdown in front of people if I go in and lessons and me just don't mix, the last lessons I had before half term I burst into tears in and didn't do anything. Yeah, 'cause that's more useful than staying at home and trying to do some work in private...
    Or if you're feeling deceptive, leave the house as if you're going in, but then go to the park/library/wherever instead.

ReputationRep:
    Or if you're feeling deceptive, leave the house as if you're going in, but then go to the park/library/wherever instead.
    I live in a village with like one bus entering/leaving a day, my dad is off work sick and my Mum works just up the street and comes home for lunch... Yeah, I've thought about it. Plus that'd mean making myself look vaguely respectable.

But thanks guys, I'll just have to convince them somehow.

-

I'm really not having a good day. I was just about to go downstairs and get some breakfast, but someone slammed the sitting room door which means my parents won't be in good moods and will probably tell me off for wearing my dressing gown...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I think parents do worry about it being 'their' fault, when it's actually no one's fault.

Haha, yes he's really tall! And to think I used to be the tallest child http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/o.gif Well, given that he's relying on weetabix and apples now that he's run out of his various powders and he have not much else in the house, he's going to find it very hard!

Well I didn't get to sleep until 6am... Yeah, my mind was way too awake. And to think I'm supposed to be back at school tomorrow. http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...s/rolleyes.gif

Haha, how old's your brother? It's weird when they suddenly shoot up like that. I still find it odd having a younger brother who's so much taller than me.

I'm sorry you didn't sleep well. Ah, parents... who understands them In all seriousness I really admire you for making your own mind up about the medication, etc. I'm so easily influenced by my mum - I let her make those decisions for me for too long. I can understand your mum being anxious though, especially as most of us seem to find the tablets make us worse at the beginning... Maybe you should just tell her that you understand her concern, but in the end this is what the doctor's prescribed you and you feel you need to give it a chance?

The first day you have to go back after going through this will probably be quite difficult whatever, but if you feel you need another day or two off first then maybe you do. The first day I went back to college after my breakdown I was sent home cos I couldn't stop crying about the WW1 poems That was fun. I know how guilty parents can make you feel but in the end only you know whether you're well enough to go :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dappleddawndrawndauphin)
    Haha, how old's your brother? It's weird when they suddenly shoot up like that. I still find it odd having a younger brother who's so much taller than me.

Ah, parents... who understands them In all seriousness I really admire you for making your own mind up about the medication, etc. I'm so easily influenced by my mum - I let her make those decisions for me for too long. I can understand your mum being anxious though, especially as most of us seem to find the tablets make us worse at the beginning... Maybe you should just tell her that you understand her concern, but in the end this is what the doctor's prescribed you and you feel you need to give it a chance?

The first day you have to go back after going through this will probably be quite difficult whatever, but if you feel you need another day or two off first then maybe you do. The first day I went back to college after my breakdown I was sent home cos I couldn't stop crying about the WW1 poems That was fun.
    He's a year younger than me, yeah it's weird.

I tell her that at least once a day when she brings it. My parents also blamed me waking up late for not being able to sleep last night. The reason I sleep late is because I can't get to sleep! Parents.

Yeah, I know but right now I don't ever want to go back, I just want to... Stop existing I guess... If I go into school, I'll be stuck in there all day as no one will be able to pick me up and I don't think I'll ever take my driving test...

ReputationRep:
    He's a year younger than me, yeah it's weird.

I tell her that at least once a day when she brings it. My parents also blamed me waking up late for not being able to sleep last night. The reason I sleep late is because I can't get to sleep! Parents.

Yeah, I know but right now I don't ever want to go back, I just want to... Stop existing I guess... If I go into school, I'll be stuck in there all day as no one will be able to pick me up and I don't think I'll ever take my driving test...
    Yeah, parents often just don't get it... The sleeping pattern isn't your fault! Your mum will probably be better about the tablets once your body adjusts to them and you start seeing more beneficial effects and less side effects - my mum was.

What are the main reasons you don't want to go back? Or is it a feeling you can't put into words? I have to admit coming back to uni, facing people and negotiating extensions with tutors was one of the hardest things I've done, but I promise it does start getting easier. I'm a bit torn about what advice to give as on the one hand the mental block about going back can get worse the longer you leave it, but on the other hand when you're feeling vulnerable - and especially when experiencing these side effects from medication - you do need a bit more time before throwing yourself back into things.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.