Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    Again, I'm unsure as to how one teacher will take it.

Maybe try calling NHS Direct? They might not know, but it's better safe than sorry.

I'm pretty sure I now have the cleanest bathroom in Britain, but I still feel it's not clean enough to use. I need to find better coping methods.

Still not looking forward to school, but I guess I can see my friends again and buy some chocolate, so maybe I'll be able to regain the weight I've lost in the past few weeks. http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/o.gif
    Sorry, I forgot that you'd mentioned that - why this one teacher in particular?

I might make a doctor's appointment tomorrow or something... hopefully it's nothing.

I really hope it goes well for you tomorrow :hugs: Friends and chocolate sound like a good combination to me.

ReputationRep:
    I'm frantically trying to write two 750 word mini essays on a subject I know nothing about for tomorrow morning. Damn my procrastination.

However I'm on a bit of a high today so writing is going quite easily as I'm not finding it too boring.

ReputationRep:
    so mad this afternoon it's unreal
    spoke to ex friend makes me want to cry at my life and how i cant even talk to some people due to my **** **** in hell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    so mad this afternoon it's unreal
    spoke to ex friend makes me want to cry at my life and how i cant even talk to some people due to my **** **** in hell
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    I'm frantically trying to write two 750 word mini essays on a subject I know nothing about for tomorrow morning. Damn my procrastination.

However I'm on a bit of a high today so writing is going quite easily as I'm not finding it too boring.
    :hugs: Hope they go well.

ReputationRep:
    thanks jonathan
    scare myself sometimes go against everything i want to be and feel **** afterwards and like i need to repent somehow mann hate this

just want to have a cry tbh but it won't solve anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    thanks jonathan
    scare myself sometimes go against everything i want to be and feel **** afterwards and like i need to repent somehow mann hate this

just want to have a cry tbh but it won't solve anything.
    Decided to pop my head into this society. I don't know what's going on...but here have a hug. http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...ilies/hugs.gif

ReputationRep:
    not going to school
    i am a failure
    :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    not going to school
    i am a failure
    :nothing:
    I promise you, you're not a failure, what's the point in going in if you're not enjoying it? :hugs:
    I'm not going into college today...in fact I'm seriously considering dropping out and starting A2 again in September. Just can't cope with the stress of it right now so I'm in serious need of a break, otherwise I feel like I'm going to implode lol. The last thing I need is a breakdown :woo:

How is everyone else this morning? Hugs to everyone who might need them :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    Long story short guys, over the last few months my life kinda fell apart. Never mind, I'm trying to remain positive, so skip forward to today and I've seen a councilor and a doctor and been prescribed with Fluoxetine for the next six months, with a progress check in 30 days. If it helps, I'm all for it.

So I thought I'd ask you guys if you had any particular advice for someone on these pills? I've been told to take them at night as some people report drowsiness. How long till I can expect to take them before they start to have an effect? And what about drinking, taking painkillers etc, are these ok when on the Prosac?

Cheers for your help guys, and I hope you're all battling on well!

ReputationRep:
    Another day, another antidepressant. This time I'm on sertraline (zoloft). but on a veeeeery low dosage of 25mg. Forgot to ask what time of day you're supposed to take it. Anyone know?

ReputationRep:
    Got sent home from school

And during breakfast for sertraline!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Add)
    Long story short guys, over the last few months my life kinda fell apart. Never mind, I'm trying to remain positive, so skip forward to today and I've seen a councilor and a doctor and been prescribed with Fluoxetine for the next six months, with a progress check in 30 days. If it helps, I'm all for it.

So I thought I'd ask you guys if you had any particular advice for someone on these pills? I've been told to take them at night as some people report drowsiness. How long till I can expect to take them before they start to have an effect? And what about drinking, taking painkillers etc, are these ok when on the Prosac?

Cheers for your help guys, and I hope you're all battling on well!
    Sorry to hear you've been having such a difficult time :hugs: Do you want to talk about it or would you rather not? Well done for getting help, sometimes that's the hardest thing to do. I've been on prozac for 6 weeks: I found it made me much worse for the first week or two while my body adjusted to it, then things started to even out more. It does seem to be helping but yeah drowsiness is a common side effect.

Deciding when to take it is often a process of trial and error. Some people find it makes them tired and they sleep better if they take it at night; other people find they have to take it earlier because it disrupts their sleep and gives them nightmares... See what works best for you It's highly advisable to cut out alcohol while you're taking them, as the booze can counteract the effect and sometimes taking the two things together can make you feel really really bad. You're not supposed to take Ibuprofen or Nurofen while you're on fluoxetine, but I'm pretty sure you can take paracetamol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Another day, another antidepressant. This time I'm on sertraline (zoloft). but on a veeeeery low dosage of 25mg. Forgot to ask what time of day you're supposed to take it. Anyone know?
    I'd say in the morning since it can cause insomnia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)

What happened? (if you want to talk about it, if not :hugs: anyway)

ReputationRep:
    :grouphugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I'd say in the morning since it can cause insomnia.
    Hmm. Does that mean it's too late to take it now? I've got insomnia anyway, and I did get some more zopiclone...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)

:console: Just means you're too cool for school.:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Hmm. Does that mean it's too late to take it now? I've got insomnia anyway, and I did get some more zopiclone...
    I probably wouldn't bother until tomorrow, but it's up to you. You could probably phone the gp or a walk in centre and ask. When I started aripiprazole, which caused really bad insomnia, the zopiclone did nothing to help (took 2) so I changed it to morning and it was fine.

Have fun! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I probably wouldn't bother until tomorrow, but it's up to you. You could probably phone the gp or a walk in centre and ask. When I started aripiprazole, which caused really bad insomnia, the zopiclone did nothing to help (took 2) so I changed it to morning and it was fine.

Have fun! :p:
    You're on aripiprazole?

Do you get the juddery leg thing too?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.