Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I probably wouldn't bother until tomorrow, but it's up to you. You could probably phone the gp or a walk in centre and ask. When I started aripiprazole, which caused really bad insomnia, the zopiclone did nothing to help (took 2) so I changed it to morning and it was fine.

Have fun! :p:
    Meh, took one anyway. Almost entirely cos I wanted to see what colour they were (white - boring)... When I'm still awake at 8am I'll think of you and curse what a fool I've been.

ReputationRep:
    What happened? (if you want to talk about it, if not :hugs: anyway)
    For hurting myself in school. Was happily sitting in class doing a mock exam and then my teacher tells me to get outside, and then points to my sleeve by my shoulder bit which had a bit of blood on it. I hadn't even realised and it was pretty obvious what it was. So, she sent me home and is probably writing an 'incident report' as we speak. Grr, year 13 and it's still like this.

Sorry if this is breaking the rules or anything.

In other news, my history mock (well, the three quarters of it that I did) went terribly. Didn't have a clue what to write so went on about Thatcher and her boiled eggs. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nothos)
    You're on aripiprazole?

Do you get the juddery leg thing too?
    I stopped it a few months ago because it didn't do anything, was on it for like 8months.

Juddery leg thing? You mean like when you can't keep them still and trying to feels awful, even if you go for a walk it's not enough movement? Didn't get it on aripiprazole (that I remember...) but did on quetiapine xl. It's one of the most unpleasant feelings I have ever had.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    For hurting myself in school. Was happily sitting in class doing a mock exam and then my teacher tells me to get outside, and then points to my sleeve by my shoulder bit which had a bit of blood on it. I hadn't even realised and it was pretty obvious what it was. So, she sent me home and is probably writing an 'incident report' as we speak. Grr, year 13 and it's still like this.

Sorry if this is breaking the rules or anything.

In other news, my history mock (well, the three quarters of it that I did) went terribly. Didn't have a clue what to write so went on about Thatcher and her boiled eggs. :rolleyes:
    That kind of sucks. If you used a razor or knife or anything it could have been a lot worse. You're allowed back tomorrow?

Thatcher and her boiled eggs? I'm intrigued.

ReputationRep:
    That kind of sucks. If you used a razor or knife or anything it could have been a lot worse. You're allowed back tomorrow?
    It was a razor lol. It was about an hour before school and I thought the bleeding had stopped and it was alright. Clearly not. Wound must've opened or something again.

I think so. Well, she didn't say I wasn't so I assume I am. Probably be dragged into a meeting of some sorts. Not fun.

btw, don't just do it for no reason. Had a little episode before school because I was so anxious about going in.
    Thatcher and her boiled eggs? I'm intrigued.
    She, apparently, ate 28 boiled eggs per week. Hence, I tried to argue she didn't care about chicken's rights.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    It was a razor lol. It was about an hour before school and I thought the bleeding had stopped and it was alright. Clearly not. Wound must've opened or something again.

I think so. Well, she didn't say I wasn't so I assume I am. Probably be dragged into a meeting of some sorts. Not fun.

btw, don't just do it for no reason. Had a little episode before school because I was so anxious about going in.

She, apparently, ate 28 boiled eggs per week. Hence, I tried to argue she didn't care about chicken's rights.
    I've heard of people being expelled for cutting in school with a razor - seen as an offensive weapon - so be careful. yeah meetings suck, had so many when I was at school, personally I found them kind of funny, it's one way of getting through them.

Cool, I didn't know that about Thatcher :p: I heard the other week that apparently she intentionally lowered her voice so she sounded more manly.

and just saw your edit, I know the feeling, guessed given your posts on here that you don't do it for nothing (does anyone?), just stay safe when you do :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I've heard of people being expelled for cutting in school with a razor - seen as an offensive weapon - so be careful. yeah meetings suck, had so many when I was at school, personally I found them kind of funny, it's one way of getting through them.

Cool, I didn't know that about Thatcher :p: I heard the other week that apparently she intentionally lowered her voice so she sounded more manly.

and just saw your edit, I know the feeling, guessed given your posts on here that you don't do it for nothing (does anyone?), just stay safe when you do :hugs:
    Yeah, but they can't really prove I did it in school nor whether I had any razors on me. But I understand why they'd expel you for it, just like if you brought a knife into school. And yes, I'll try to be safe thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Just e-mailed my politics teacher/a-level programme manager saying that I want to drop out and start again in September :woo:

I don't know whether this is the right place to ask, but has anyone dropped out in their A2 year despite one of their A-level courses switching to a different exam board? If you have, can you PM me and tell me about it? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    not going to school
    i am a failure
    :nothing:
    You're not a failure! I didn't go to any lessons today either.

My parents forced me to go to school today and they ended up getting a phone call saying not to worry about the fact that my attendance will drop - I spoke to the head of sixth form and someone who's exact job I don't know, but she sorts all of this stuff out and they told me I can just go to lessons if I feel up for it. Well, the head of sixth form seems keen to get me to go to some lessons, but right now I'm really not up to it.

Feeling a bit better about going into school tomorrow, but I did burst into tears 3 times and was on the verge of them all day... Oh well, doctor's in an hour!

(Original post by dappleddawndrawndauphin)
    Sorry, I forgot that you'd mentioned that - why this one teacher in particular?

I might make a doctor's appointment tomorrow or something... hopefully it's nothing.

I really hope it goes well for you tomorrow :hugs: Friends and chocolate sound like a good combination to me.
    He hasn't really taught me before, so I can't gage how he'll react and he's really stressed about finishing the course in time (we have 1 hour less a fortnight than last year and they still struggled then) and I know recently his home life was stressful, so I feel really bad handing work in late.

Thanks, it was okayish. My friends are lovely bless them, talking everything through with me whilst I babbled on through the tears. I honestly don't deserve them. Chocolate's not the same any more, it's okay, but just okay. It took me an hour to finish a bar... (I'm having a diet of chocolate today). I dunno, it's just not the same.

Good luck with the doctors and the rash :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emsybean)
    Just e-mailed my politics teacher/a-level programme manager saying that I want to drop out and start again in September :woo:

I don't know whether this is the right place to ask, but has anyone dropped out in their A2 year despite one of their A-level courses switching to a different exam board? If you have, can you PM me and tell me about it? Thanks
    :hugs: I personally haven't done it, but a girl started A2 at our school this year after studying a different exam board for Biology and everything's fine. Speak to your school about it as to whether or not you have to do anything, but I'd assume they'd sort it for you.

ReputationRep:
    thanks guys yeah didnt go in meh feel like i am slowly worsening with my want to go in i hate myself right now

also ermm i can't lose weight like seriously i have no willpower whatsoever my initial intentions are good but then i just think food = good for the head and gives me comfort so how can i possibly lose any mehhh ive only had 2 toasts tea and cereal today and im already over what i wanted to consume in terms of calories it's ridiculous!

hugs to all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    thanks guys yeah didnt go in meh feel like i am slowly worsening with my want to go in i hate myself right now

also ermm i can't lose weight like seriously i have no willpower whatsoever my initial intentions are good but then i just think food = good for the head and gives me comfort so how can i possibly lose any mehhh ive only had 2 toasts tea and cereal today and im already over what i wanted to consume in terms of calories it's ridiculous!

hugs to all
    I really think you should see your GP, they can help so much!

Hmm, if you went over it on that (even if you ate the entire packet of cereal, it still shouldn't be awful), then you need to up the calories. Try not to count them, they are evil and annoying things. If you must count them, on average you need around 2,000. Also, isn't a gain in appetite linked to depression? I've only had a lose of appetite, which is exactly what I didn't want. :rolleyes:

:console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    I really think you should see your GP, they can help so much!

Hmm, if you went over it on that (even if you ate the entire packet of cereal, it still shouldn't be awful), then you need to up the calories. Try not to count them, they are evil and annoying things. If you must count them, on average you need around 2,000. Also, isn't a gain in appetite linked to depression? I've only had a lose of appetite, which is exactly what I didn't want. :rolleyes:

:console:

well yes you could lose it/be stressed and not eat and lose weight or gain a massive apetite and comfort eat and be dependent on food like i am but not to a massive extent just my portions are big and im constantly searching the cupboards for something else i can potentially eat though my intake isn't that vast in terms of variety

i just like certain foods and will eat a lot of 'em but i also like will get pasta at school but also want the chips too.... it's a vicious cycle
    im not obese or anything (lol) ....still look slim but i am in no way toned or fit and i have a protruding belly to say the least:p: but thankfully i haven't gone over the 9 stone mark which is something i guess but still i just do not have any willpower to lose weight and dont think i will till after my a levels
    ive tried numerous times and although my intentions are right when it boils down to it i just think forget it it's not worth it i know i cannot actually do this and that it wont last

i don't really count calories, as i said im not one to care about my intake but like it's just a bit annoying when all youve had as i said (the above toast and cereal and tea) and youre already on the 1500 mark or something and you're yet to have a proper meal/your tea tonight:lolwut:

lol xxxx

ReputationRep:
    I need to learn to stop thinking. I was actually feeling alright for a few hours, then I started thinking about stuff and it all turned to **** again. Pretty soon I'll forget I even felt ok in the first place, and today will be another miserable wasted day, just like all the others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    well yes you could lose it/be stressed and not eat and lose weight or gain a massive apetite and comfort eat and be dependent on food like i am but not to a massive extent just my portions are big and im constantly searching the cupboards for something else i can potentially eat though my intake isn't that vast in terms of variety

i just like certain foods and will eat a lot of 'em but i also like will get pasta at school but also want the chips too.... it's a vicious cycle
    im not obese or anything (lol) ....still look slim but i am in no way toned or fit and i have a protruding belly to say the least:p: but thankfully i haven't gone over the 9 stone mark which is something i guess but still i just do not have any willpower to lose weight and dont think i will till after my a levels
    ive tried numerous times and although my intentions are right when it boils down to it i just think forget it it's not worth it i know i cannot actually do this and that it wont last

i don't really count calories, as i said im not one to care about my intake but like it's just a bit annoying when all youve had as i said (the above toast and cereal and tea) and youre already on the 1500 mark or something and you're yet to have a proper meal/your tea tonight:lolwut:

lol xxxx
    Sorry I've taken so long to reply, I was at the doctor's. You sound like you have the same type of body as me/see yourself as having the same body as me, but I'm 10 stone! We can't all look like those fake images we're told are beauty and I think it's really important in life to love yourself as yourself.

Your body sounds fine, forcing yourself to eat foods you don't like isn't worth it! And that number of calories is fine to allow another meal, I try to aim for around that before my evening meal anyway. :hugs:

-

So, I'm on new meds. Anyone else tried Sertraline (50mg)? The doctor I saw said he'd had depression for the past 30 years and talked through why he was going to change it and he's had the weird movements I have! I'm not the only one haha, and he agreed that it was horrible.

He also made me promise not to kill myself, saying that he believed that that didn't bring peace afterwards. Hopefully this works, I want to feel normal again! Also, they're a really nice baby blue colour instead of boring old white. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    Sorry I've taken so long to reply, I was at the doctor's. You sound like you have the same type of body as me/see yourself as having the same body as me, but I'm 10 stone! We can't all look like those fake images we're told are beauty and I think it's really important in life to love yourself as yourself.

Your body sounds fine, forcing yourself to eat foods you don't like isn't worth it! And that number of calories is fine to allow another meal, I try to aim for around that before my evening meal anyway. :hugs:

-

So, I'm on new meds. Anyone else tried Sertraline (50mg)? The doctor I saw said he'd had depression for the past 30 years and talked through why he was going to change it and he's had the weird movements I have! I'm not the only one haha, and he agreed that it was horrible.

He also made me promise not to kill myself, saying that he believed that that didn't bring peace afterwards. Hopefully this works, I want to feel normal again! Also, they're a really nice baby blue colour instead of boring old white. :cool:
    Just started on that today. You beat me though, I'm only on 25mg... and my ones are white. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    I need to learn to stop thinking. I was actually feeling alright for a few hours, then I started thinking about stuff and it all turned to **** again. Pretty soon I'll forget I even felt ok in the first place, and today will be another miserable wasted day, just like all the others.
    Have you tried writing down how you're feeling when you're happy, so you have solid evidence when you're feeling down? I know what you mean about it though, thankfully I had friends and the woman who helped sort things out today to talk to when I started over-thinking stuff in school, but I think it's worse at home anyway. Radio helps me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Just started on that today. You beat me though, I'm only on 25mg... and my ones are white. :sad:
    Here's hoping it works for us!

Hmm, my packet says that they only come in 50mg and 100mg, must be different companies! They should always make pills fun colours, it should be the law. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.preloved.co.uk/fuseaction.../b08fd5b6.html

I used to ride him... I'd love to have him on loan over the summer (I think, whilst my Dad is away, having something to occupy myself other than work would really help me to keep happy as possible) but I just can't afford him. I have no money coming in atm; my parents are paying for my college transport and I *could* theoretically take him on off of my savings but it's not fair if something goes wrong and I can't afford to look after him. It'll also leave me skint when it comes to go to uni and I'll have a problem come September with what to do with him. Why couldn't this have come around before Christmas?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    http://www.preloved.co.uk/fuseaction.../b08fd5b6.html

I used to ride him... I'd love to have him on loan over the summer (I think, whilst my Dad is away, having something to occupy myself other than work would really help me to keep happy as possible) but I just can't afford him. I have no money coming in atm; my parents are paying for my college transport and I *could* theoretically take him on off of my savings but it's not fair if something goes wrong and I can't afford to look after him. It'll also leave me skint when it comes to go to uni and I'll have a problem come September with what to do with him. Why couldn't this have come around before Christmas?!
    Could you not try volunteering at a stables and try to bargain some riding time out of them? That was a bad sentence haha.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.