Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Maybe it's the blue stuff that tastes of soap... :holmes: But yeah, we should probably stop analysing this...
    Haha, probably! Damn, why can't they be just like smarties - taste good and look awesome?

(Original post by Malsy)
    i just feel like i have ruined my life and i am not being dramatic about that, rather honest.
    :hugs: It will get better, I promise. Have you made an appointment with your GP because it sounds like you're having a really rough time. Things always get better, believe that. :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    i just feel like i have ruined my life and i am not being dramatic about that, rather honest.
    I get that feeling a lot. Only thing I can say is if you give up now then yeah your life will stay ruined, if you keep going one day it might actually not be ruined anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Paracetamol is the most disgusting taste in the world. Ones I take atm are 2cm long and 5mm wide. They're such a ***** to swallow. :mad:
    Ok this is a little weird but... cover them in butter. Makes them easier to swallow and gives you longer before you can taste them. I used to do this with pills you were actually supposed to dissolve in water but tasted foul.

ReputationRep:
    thanks saber.
    i just feel like i'm not the person i couldve been had this **** not happened and thinking that way is hard but its the truth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Ok this is a little weird but... cover them in butter. Makes them easier to swallow and gives you longer before you can taste them. I used to do this with pills you were actually supposed to dissolve in water but tasted foul.
    Good idea.

90% of the time I manage to swallow them, but the other 10% they get stuck half way and I either accidentally throw up or have a horrible feeling for hours. You'd think I'd be used to it by now :rolleyes:

adding to your and steffi's conversation, best colour I ever had was this really bright green. It was weird as **** - kind of like a can of carlsberg. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    thanks saber.
    i just feel like i'm not the person i couldve been had this **** not happened and thinking that way is hard but its the truth.
    Malsy, you're only 17, you have plenty of time to sort yourself out and be who you want to be, so try not to worry!

I have to say, I'm grateful I went through my eating disorder, it was horrible at the time but it's helped shape who I am now. If it not for that, I wouldn't appreciate the good days, I wouldn't have gotten involved in charity events and I wouldn't be so keen on raising awareness and helping others. In the end, it's been good because I like who I am now. Without it, I wouldn't have done all these great things and it would feel like a piece of my life and self were missing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Good idea.

90% of the time I manage to swallow them, but the other 10% they get stuck half way and I either accidentally throw up or have a horrible feeling for hours. You'd think I'd be used to it by now :rolleyes:

adding to your and steffi's conversation, best colour I ever had was this really bright green. It was weird as **** - kind of like a can of carlsberg. :p:

I do that with paracetamol too. Wow, that sounds like an amazing colour! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    youre absolutely right i am overall a better person because of this im just rather sad and not being the person i want to be NOW and i dont go out with mates etc (havent done for years) so i guess that gets to me which is only natural i just pray things change:cry: xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    thanks saber.
    :hugs: I'm fairly sure everyone thinks that sometimes, everyone has regrets whether about things they could have changed or even things they couldn't. The only thing, like I said, that you can do is try to work towards being that person you want to be. I was bullied loads at school and always think if it hadn't happened I'd be a totally different person but it did so I can't do anything about it (except know if I ever met one of them again, I would well and truly kick their ass ).

Depression is horrible because it has such a huge chance of totally ******* up your life, but a lot of people do get over it and do manage to get their lives back together again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    youre absolutely right i am overall a better person because of this im just rather sad and not being the person i want to be NOW and i dont go out with mates etc (havent done for years) so i guess that gets to me which is only natural i just pray things change:cry: xx
    :hugs: Please see your GP, it could be the first step in you wanting to go out and with your friends again. Things will change and they will get better. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    :hugs: I personally haven't done it, but a girl started A2 at our school this year after studying a different exam board for Biology and everything's fine. Speak to your school about it as to whether or not you have to do anything, but I'd assume they'd sort it for you.
    Thanks for the hugs :hugs: tbh I wouldn't mind finishing off that one A-level and re-doing the other 2 in September, because if I've done OK in the exam all I've got is coursework. Seeing my programme manager tomorrow afternoon, so if all goes well I'll be searching for my first job :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emsybean)
    Thanks for the hugs :hugs: tbh I wouldn't mind finishing off that one A-level and re-doing the other 2 in September, because if I've done OK in the exam all I've got is coursework. Seeing my programme manager tomorrow afternoon, so if all goes well I'll be searching for my first job :woo:
    Good luck, I hope you feel better in time for September, loads of people I know are doing that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dappleddawndrawndauphin)
    Eurgh, that's never fun - I remember when I was being constantly monitored in school cos of the anorexia, it felt really weird. Especially as I was still in denial about anything being wrong.

I have had a completely demotivated day too... was so proud for getting up this morning but have achieved literally nothing productive all day. I've decided to blame the snow even though it's really my own fault. Surely your teachers won't be expecting you to have felt well enough to do it under the current circumstances?

Congratulations on getting work done :hugs: I know what you mean about the panic happening both ways round with uni and home... it can get pretty confusing I worry about always being a mess as well - I mean I'm 22 and a postgrad and still having these issues - but in the end we have to believe that we can change the way we approach things, and by booking an appointment with the GP you'll be taking the first step

-

I am a bit concerned - I've developed a rash on my legs but have been ignoring it (I occasionally get the odd bit of eczema so I chalked it up to that) but it's getting really bad and if it's caused by the fluoxetine I'm supposed to come off it immediately - but I can't tell whether it is or not
    Thanks, yeah it is horrible isn't it?

As for the rash well do you usually get it when you are destressed? I get a really aggressive rash on my neck when I'm distressed/anxious. Has it only really become a problem since you've been taking the fluoxetine?

Hi guys! How are you all today?
    I'm...ok, had another episode of insomnia last night so today was agony as I had 9-5pm lectures. Kept having really sinister thoughts throughout too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    Thanks, yeah it is horrible isn't it?

As for the rash well do you usually get it when you are destressed? I get a really aggressive rash on my neck when I'm distressed/anxious. Has it only really become a problem since you've been taking the fluoxetine?

Hi guys! How are you all today?
    I'm...ok, had another episode of insomnia last night so today was agony as I had 9-5pm lectures. Kept having really sinister thoughts throughout too.
    It's definitely not fun... I found I was better when I just didn't go home for the holidays (especially as family life in my house can be pretty hectic to say the least). My family got quite peeved though. Where do you feel safest, home or uni?

I'm not sure as I can't actually remember when it started :o: But I have had similar problems occasionally pre-fluoxetine, so I'm still debating whether it's worth getting checked out or not.

I hate insomnia :hugs: I always think life must be so much easier for people who always sleep well - sometimes I can't quite stop myself from disliking them for it :o: I'm really sorry you had such a bad night. What kinds of sinister thoughts were you having?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    My parents forced me to go to school today and they ended up getting a phone call saying not to worry about the fact that my attendance will drop - I spoke to the head of sixth form and someone who's exact job I don't know, but she sorts all of this stuff out and they told me I can just go to lessons if I feel up for it. Well, the head of sixth form seems keen to get me to go to some lessons, but right now I'm really not up to it.

He hasn't really taught me before, so I can't gage how he'll react and he's really stressed about finishing the course in time (we have 1 hour less a fortnight than last year and they still struggled then) and I know recently his home life was stressful, so I feel really bad handing work in late.

Thanks, it was okayish. My friends are lovely bless them, talking everything through with me whilst I babbled on through the tears. I honestly don't deserve them. Chocolate's not the same any more, it's okay, but just okay. It took me an hour to finish a bar... (I'm having a diet of chocolate today). I dunno, it's just not the same.

Good luck with the doctors and the rash http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...ilies/hugs.gif
    Well done for getting back in there and seeing everyone - I think going back that first time is the hardest, so I'm not surprised you were a bit weepy, but seriously, it's fantastic that you made it through the day :hugs: It's really good that they called your parents and said they don't mind your attendance dropping for a while - that should get your mum off your back a bit more.

I can understand your feeling bad about that teacher, but really if he's having a bad time maybe he'll be more likely to understand what you're going through... In the end if you're not well enough, you're not well enough, and it sounds like your head of sixth form has made it clear that they're willing to cut you some slack until you feel better - which is as it should be.

Glad the doctor was so understanding, and hope the new meds work out better for you!

yay for supportive friends I never felt I deserved the friends I made at uni last year but my god I'm glad I had them! Sorry you're not enjoying chocolate, that sucks! I'm enjoying it a bit too much

ReputationRep:
    omg i hate myself
    im actually starting to have panicky breaths
    i dont know what else to do anymore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    omg i hate myself
    Breathe long, deep slow breaths hun. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dappleddawndrawndauphin)
    Well done for getting back in there and seeing everyone - I think going back that first time is the hardest, so I'm not surprised you were a bit weepy, but seriously, it's fantastic that you made it through the day :hugs: It's really good that they called your parents and said they don't mind your attendance dropping for a while - that should get your mum off your back a bit more.
    I've been doing a lot of crying for a while anyway. Nope, my Mum had a chat to me about 'What are these issues at school?', which even I'm not sure about, how she thinks I'm stressed not depressed and then my dad chipped in and said I need to either quite school now and go back in September or take a gap year before uni/seriously think about uni as he thinks I can't handle it. It's got nothing to do with stress, I don't know what it is caused by, but it's actually worse when I'm not stressed.

I can understand your feeling bad about that teacher, but really if he's having a bad time maybe he'll be more likely to understand what you're going through... In the end if you're not well enough, you're not well enough, and it sounds like your head of sixth form has made it clear that they're willing to cut you some slack until you feel better - which is as it should be.
    I hope so, I'm thinking of not going to lessons this week (and trying to do some work) and then slowly building it up until I'm back attending all lessons. I'm going to try and do some work tomorrow (although I'm also taking my laptop in as I spent hours staring into space today because I didn't have the energy/concentration to do anything else.).

Glad the doctor was so understanding, and hope the new meds work out better for you!

yay for supportive friends I never felt I deserved the friends I made at uni last year but my god I'm glad I had them! Sorry you're not enjoying chocolate, that sucks! I'm enjoying it a bit too much
    Yeah it was nice to have someone who's been through it (although I do question whether or not I actually am depressed...). Yeah, supportive friends are good. Chocolate still tastes better than most things, just not as good as it used to...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    omg i hate myself
    :hugs: You have a lot to like about yourself, you were so helpful last year when I was revising for Biology, and I still haven't forgotten that! What is it that you're feeling? I know I keep saying it, but things really will improve. :console:

ReputationRep:
    i didnt want today to be a repeat of yesterday but i honestly feel like im going to be crying again soon
    anyway ive posted enough sorry for all this
    just wanna die:cry: though

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.