Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    :hugs: steffi. how has your day been?> im yet to go back to school and everyone hates me and i cba explaining myself to anyone anymore
    missed a mock exam too now, twice
    :hugs: My day's been exhausting... And now I have hair way too dark for my pale skin haha :rolleyes: I'm very sensitive about my hair!

I doubt everyone hates you, what about friends? I have to say, I'm finding going into school quite therapeutic - it's away from my parents (my Mum just told me to stop taking the antidepressants again), my friends are being amazing and there's always someone around to talk to. Today we had a weird little circle of us who have all recently been diagnosed with depression/think we might have it... I'm going off track, but what I mean is, I'm sure you'll be surprised by how nice everyone is when you go back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    Yeah, parents do seem to think that and I hope I can get to the root of the problem if there is one! I know a year out would make things worse, I couldn't bear it. However, I'm going to go and talk to the head of sixth form tomorrow and ask to if I can come back and resit the year next year if I fail my exams/don't get into uni this time round (which seems quite likely right now). I don't mind doing that, but a full year out of education right now doesn't sound nice.
    I think you're probably right. If I had stayed home for a year after feeling so wretched and missing my offers, it would've been the last straw. I spent a couple of weeks dissolving in tears at home then went to UEA through Clearing at the last minute - best decision I ever made. I'm sure there's still every possibility of you making your offers, but it's always a good idea to work out your back up plan just in case. You could resit a few exams and maybe take on a fresh AS subject to help your reapplication, if it came to that - that was my alternative.

Apparently the teacher I was worried about was quite angry I wasn't there yesterday, but I just can't handle lessons right now. I think I'm reaching a point where I could maybe do a little work, but my concentration hasn't improved at all and I'm so tired.
    I'm sorry your teacher got worked up about it, but he's just going to have to get over it, you can't help that you're not well enough. It's good that you're feeling more up to working. I know what you mean about the concentration and tiredness though... but hopefully the sleeping tablets will help. What kind did you end up with? I've got zopiclone but they give me a nasty metallic taste all day.

Bad day for me today, I didn't have an appointment to see the counsellor and I really want to, I almost burst into tears because of that... Hopefully I will tomorrow... I kept it together (not a single tear!) because a friend is going through something similar, and I was trying to help him a bit, not sure if it worked though. http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...ies/unsure.gif
    I'm sorry about the counsellor thing, good luck getting one tomorrow- I remember getting so anxious and upset when they cancelled my appointment during a particularly difficult week. Sometimes I think it's easier to hold yourself together when someone needs you to be there for them - it's good to remember that you can still be the comforter as well as the comforted.
    How's the hair?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dappleddawndrawndauphin)
    I think you're probably right. If I had stayed home for a year after feeling so wretched and missing my offers, it would've been the last straw. I spent a couple of weeks dissolving in tears at home then went to UEA through Clearing at the last minute - best decision I ever made. I would think there's still every possibility of you making your offers, but it's always a good idea to work out your back up plan just in case. You could probably resit a few exams and maybe take on a fresh AS subject to help your reapplication, if it came to that - that was my alternative.
    Yeah, I think I'll resit stuff and maybe pick up English AS if I can. If not, maybe psychology, just 'cos it's interesting and I have an unhealthy interest in knowing the theories behind my problems. :p:

I'm sorry your teacher got worked up about it, but yeah he's just going to have to get over it if you're not feeling well enough. It's good that you're feeling more up to working. I know what you mean about the concentration and tiredness though... but hopefully the sleeping tablets will help. What kind did you end up with? I've got zopiclone but they give me a nasty metallic taste all day.
    Yeah, he's just gonna have to accept that I'm really not feeling well enough to attend his lessons, otherwise I will have a break down and not only is it bad for me, it's also distracting to other people in the class at the time. Oh, they're only OTC sleeping pills (Nytol). If I'm still having trouble sleeping in 2 week's time (when I see the doctor again about the antidepressants), I'll ask for something to help! I need my sleep. I used to love nothing more than to curl up in bed and sleep...

I'm sorry about the counsellor thing, good luck getting one tomorrow- I remember getting so anxious and upset when they cancelled my appointment during a particularly difficult week. Sometimes I think it's easier to hold yourself together when someone needs you to be there for them - it's good to remember that you can still be the comforter as well as the comforted.
    How's the hair?
    It's just annoying because it's always a different day each week and sometimes you don't get to see her, which I can't deal with right now. Thankfully there's someone in the sixth form office who said I can go chat to her any time (she's had training, so she's great at listening).

the hair has softened a bit and is no longer jet black, it looks okay now thankfully! Only took 2 serious shampoos and far too long in the shower! I just get so touchy about my hair... I have no idea why, but it's like a safety/comfort blanket to me... Yeah, I'm really weird.

ReputationRep:
    I really sympathise with you about the position you're in with your parents. Home always starts feeling safe to me when uni's getting scary/demanding, but then when I go back there I find the arguments and general craziness drives me up the wall. Believe me when I say I know it's the hardest thing in the world (I am still battling with it) but if you want to enjoy your life you have to break away from what your parents want and think. Use counselling to help confirm to yourself that you are your own person, and have to do what is good for you, not what is good for them. I went through a bizarre mixture of being mollycoddled by my parents and feeling like I was the adult (they never made me get a job or expected me to do anything for myself so I turned up at uni unable to cook, make a bed, use a map/bus timetable, etcetc - but on the other hand my dad's bipolar and my mum's depressive so they need a lot of emotional care sometimes). The great thing about uni is that you get to break away from that and learn to live on your own, which is hard but very rewarding. I'm so glad you have a great group of friends as that can make all the difference.

Seriously, I know changing courses is a scary decision to contemplate but it could also be the one that turns your life around and makes you happy again: if you hate pharmacy that much, and there's something you DO want to do, you should really consider switching. If you have a "burning passion" for something, that's the best reason for spending 3 years studying it. English Literature is such a fun degree Sure it's not vocational, and I can understand your parents' worries, but it's an adaptable degree and it's not like you want to be a pharmacist anyway so you may as well enjoy the next 2 years at least My friend was doing Law and hated every minute, became miserable and depressed; switched to English and History and is now having a great time. I know it seems impossible to you right now but you deserve to be happy :hugs: I think it's great that you've made a GP appointment. It's scary anticipating it, but I bet you'll feel better for having gone, and if they can help you get back into a position where you feel in control of things (through counselling referrals or whatever), it will really help you to make these big decisions.

I'm having the same problem socially - I think sometimes you just have to take the bull by the horns and just force yourself out, otherwise regrets about missing things can just make you feel worse. Best of luck with it all. Hope you're feeling a bit better today :jumphug:
    Yeah this course is just taking so much out of me and I don't feel its worth the time or money to be honest but I'm just going to see how the exams go. I'm not too bad today thanks, still exhausted though and I did feel very irritable and I hate moaning all the time to my friends. I'm feeling better about booking the appointment now because I don't want this to affect my life anymore.

How are things? You doing ok? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I think I'll resit stuff and maybe pick up English AS if I can. If not, maybe psychology, just 'cos it's interesting and I have an unhealthy interest in knowing the theories behind my problems. http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/p.gif
    haha, I nearly did Psychology for much the same reasons. English is great though, do English I expect your exams will go fine though

Yeah, he's just gonna have to accept that I'm really not feeling well enough to attend his lessons, otherwise I will have a break down and not only is it bad for me, it's also distracting to other people in the class at the time. Oh, they're only OTC sleeping pills (Nytol). If I'm still having trouble sleeping in 2 week's time (when I see the doctor again about the antidepressants), I'll ask for something to help! I need my sleep. I used to love nothing more than to curl up in bed and sleep...
    Exactly, it's in yours and everyone else's best interests for you to take the time to recover, and he should be able to see that. Ah let me know if the Nytol has any effect for you. Personally if I'm in an uber-panic even industrial strength sleeping pills have no effect, but with the combination of fluoxetine easing the panic and zopiclone combatting the insomnia maybe I'll get a good night's sleep tonight.

It's just annoying because it's always a different day each week and sometimes you don't get to see her, which I can't deal with right now. Thankfully there's someone in the sixth form office who said I can go chat to her any time (she's had training, so she's great at listening).
    Yeah I can totally understand that, my counsellor has to stop our sessions and I'm quite stressed :o: Hoping CBT comes through... If you can't get an appointment with the counsellor definitely go talk to the person in the sixth form office, it's really good that there's an alternative!

the hair has softened a bit and is no longer jet black, it looks okay now thankfully! Only took 2 serious shampoos and far too long in the shower! I just get so touchy about my hair... I have no idea why, but it's like a safety/comfort blanket to me... Yeah, I'm really weird.
    Glad you're happy with it! I had a friend who felt that way about her hair, I remember when the hairdresser cut too much off she cried all afternoon. Just took a look at your TSR profile - is that the new hair colour in your picture? You're very pretty by the way, I'm jealous :p:

(Original post by RachelOranges)
    Yeah this course is just taking so much out of me and I don't feel its worth the time or money to be honest but I'm just going to see how the exams go. I'm not too bad today thanks, still exhausted though and I did feel very irritable and I hate moaning all the time to my friends. I'm feeling better about booking the appointment now because I don't want this to affect my life anymore.

How are things? You doing ok? http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...ilies/hugs.gif
    I'm sorry you're still feeling exhausted :console: Fair enough, but remember you've always got the option to switch next year if you want to I'm sure your friends don't mind listening, that's what friends are for - and I bet you've been there for them too. Booking that first appointment is a really positive step; I hope it's the first step to overcoming the anxiety and depression and I'm sure it will be :hugs: You said you didn't want the medication, right (though maybe you could ask for sleeping tablets for emergency major-insomniac nights)? So are you going to ask to be referred to counselling maybe? I hope it goes well.

I'm alright thanks, pretty tired. Resorted to taking zopiclone last night which gives me a metallic taste in my mouth all day. Quite proud that I managed to get the lengthy forms off applying for CBT today, here's hoping the waiting lists aren't as long as I've heard!

ReputationRep:

I'm sorry you're still feeling exhausted :console: Fair enough, but remember you've always got the option to switch next year if you want to I'm sure your friends don't mind listening, that's what friends are for - and I bet you've been there for them too. Booking that first appointment is a really positive step; I hope it's the first step to overcoming the anxiety and depression and I'm sure it will be :hugs: You said you didn't want the medication, right (though maybe you could ask for sleeping tablets for emergency major-insomniac nights)? So are you going to ask to be referred to counselling maybe? I hope it goes well.

I'm alright thanks, pretty tired. Resorted to taking zopiclone last night which gives me a metallic taste in my mouth all day. Quite proud that I managed to get the lengthy forms off applying for CBT today, here's hoping the waiting lists aren't as long as I've heard!
    Yeah I'm not going to completely rule out changing courses next year if things don't improve. Yeah I'm just grasping any opportinity for a way out now, no more denial, it just makes things worse for me .
    No I don't really want to go on meds, its strange, doing pharmacy has put me of medicines altogether, I don't even like the idea of taking paracetamol for a headache now unless I feel like its really neccessary lol. I'm probably going to ask for counselling or CBT for my food issues, I want to be able to eat out in resturants again and be able to stand being surrounded by lots of food.
    I think if the insomia persists then I'll get some OTCs as I seem to know about them...strange I find myself reading about all the kinds of anti-depressants and sedatives when I'm working at the pharmacy to see how they work. I think for the time being I might have to give the chamomile tea another shot, I'm a bit of a natural remedies fan not that I don't think meds are bad, I just get scared that I'll get dependent/immune and prescription meds cost a bomb these days.

Ah good old zopiclone, is it doing the trick? Fingers crossed that you can get CBT soon enough, I've heard positive things about it :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Argh! I feel like I'm at a very uncomfortable place in life. Everyhting is just crumbling around me. I haven't really been enjoying sixth form so far; last year I was Year 12 and struggling with my subjects, especially Chemistry and Biology. I was also feeling crappy all the time but tried not to let that get the best of me, but I think it must have because I ended up with E and U in those subjects. I feel so disappointed in myself and so upset that I can't go to uni this year 2010 because of having to do new A Levels, going from all strong subjects to two strong and two soft. I was so looking forward to uni and having a nice new change, but now I'm finding myself facing a third year at sixth form. Worse thing is I'm so sick of this school I've been at since Year 7, I really don't know why I didn't change for sixth form. I've been feeling really sad and tired most days, it's a struggle to do work most of the time. I only look forward to going on the internet, since that's just an easy activity that requires no effort. It's things that need effort that I struggle with. I was doing driving lessons last year as well, I really wanted to do well but I was so crap that I just decided to abandon them, and haven't driven for sixth months now . Amongst other issues, I just feel so stupid and lazy, I just keep failing pretty much everything at the moment. Sometimes I just feel like ending it all . I've been referred to counselling by my doctor, still waiting for them to get back to me for an appointment. :/ Sorry for the lil rant, just needed to get that out.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm not going to completely rule out changing courses next year if things don't improve. Yeah I'm just grasping any opportinity for a way out now, no more denial, it just makes things worse for me .

No I don't really want to go on meds, its strange, doing pharmacy has put me of medicines altogether, I don't even like the idea of taking paracetamol for a headache now unless I feel like its really neccessary lol. I'm probably going to ask for counselling or CBT for my food issues, I want to be able to eat out in resturants again and be able to stand being surrounded by lots of food.

I think if the insomia persists then I'll get some OTCs as I seem to know about them...strange I find myself reading about all the kinds of anti-depressants and sedatives when I'm working at the pharmacy to see how they work. I think for the time being I might have to give the chamomile tea another shot, I'm a bit of a natural remedies fan not that I don't think meds are bad, I just get scared that I'll get dependent/immune and prescription meds cost a bomb these days.

Ah good old zopiclone, is it doing the trick? Fingers crossed that you can get CBT soon enough, I've heard positive things about it http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...milies/yep.gif
    That's good - I really hope you get the help you want. Denial is so understandable though, I think part of me is still wavering there A large part of me wonders if my mum's right and I'm not depressed so much as lazy... I'm not sure which interpretation I find less distressing really!

That's interesting, why has pharmacy put you off? Are there deep dark medical secrets we should know about? :eek:
    That sounds like a good plan. What exactly are your issues with the food, not being able to eat in front of people? I had problems with that for ages after my anorexia, but I got past that one so it's definitely do-able (though I know it's really horrible at the time).

Yeah to be honest if it weren't for the fact that because my family's on benefits and I'm still a student I get free prescriptions, I don't think I'd be on the meds either... Literally wouldn't be able to afford it. I'd like to come off it in a couple of months, ideally.
    Have you tried rescue remedy, and sniffing lavendar oil? Helps me a little bit. Zopiclone didn't help last time I took it - but then I was having a panic attack at the time about going back to uni and facing the music... now I'm calmer I think it may've helped, thanks - will try it again tonight and report back!
    -
    I just managed to rewrite my CV and apply for one or two part-time jobs - don't know if I'd feel up to doing them if I got them though...

ReputationRep:
    Oh **** I should not have got drunk, I should not have done anything I should just have stayed in bed...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Oh **** I should not have got drunk, I should not have done anything I should just have stayed in bed...
    :hugs: I know that feeling What happened?

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: I know that feeling What happened?
    Nothing much. Just got drunk in the stupidest way possible - empty stomach, new medication, mixed my drinks... I don't remember everything but I started crying and tried to apologise for probably going to kill myself, without telling him what I was apologising for (he looked pretty worried though so I think he worked it out). And then I vomited.

And now I have to meet my cpn when I've got a hangover... all in all I feel pretty stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Nothing much. Just got drunk in the stupidest way possible - empty stomach, new medication, mixed my drinks... I don't remember everything but I started crying and tried to apologise for probably going to kill myself, without telling him what I was apologising for (he looked pretty worried though so I think he worked it out). And then I vomited.

And now I have to meet my cpn when I've got a hangover... all in all I feel pretty stupid.
    :console: I'm sorry you had a rough night. Don't feel stupid - we all know mixing drinks on new meds/empty stomach is a bad idea but we've all been there... Everyone makes mistakes :hugs: In the second year of uni I got drunk, locked myself in the living room when we got home and was sick on our faux-leather sofa :o: I hope things go alright with your cpn - sucks having to cope with doing things when you're that hungover, but afterwards you can chill out with a film and hangover food maybe?

ReputationRep:
    That's good - I really hope you get the help you want. Denial is so understandable though, I think part of me is still wavering there A large part of me wonders if my mum's right and I'm not depressed so much as lazy... I'm not sure which interpretation I find less distressing really!

That's interesting, why has pharmacy put you off? Are there deep dark medical secrets we should know about? :eek:
    That sounds like a good plan. What exactly are your issues with the food, not being able to eat in front of people? I had problems with that for ages after my anorexia, but I got past that one so it's definitely do-able (though I know it's really horrible at the time).

Yeah to be honest if it weren't for the fact that because my family's on benefits and I'm still a student I get free prescriptions, I don't think I'd be on the meds either... Literally wouldn't be able to afford it. I'd like to come off it in a couple of months, ideally.
    Have you tried rescue remedy, and sniffing lavendar oil? Helps me a little bit. Zopiclone didn't help last time I took it - but then I was having a panic attack at the time about going back to uni and facing the music... now I'm calmer I think it may've helped, thanks - will try it again tonight and report back!
    -
    I just managed to rewrite my CV and apply for one or two part-time jobs - don't know if I'd feel up to doing them if I got them though...
    Ahaha no there isn't anything really sinister about medicines but when you go into the technecalities of how they work its a bit :eek3: . I've never really been a fan of medicine either, as I have an addictive nature I'm just scared that I would get hooked.

As for the food issues, its very complicated, I don't really understand it. I used to have issues with food before when I was 13, I lot a lot of weight and couldn't see what it was doing to me until I almost fainted in class. I thought that my relationship with food was better, in terms of being able to eat what I want and not being scared that I would put on weight but now its more complex.
    I tend to loose my appetite when I'm anxious and then becuase I've lost my appetite I get more anxious becuase I feel like I'm slipping into bad habbits, so I get panic attacks and then can't even be near food.
    Its ok if I'm on my own or have prepared my own food/am in control of the quantity on my plate. But in resturants I tend to freak out if I have a lot on my plate...sort of like I'm not in control of how much is on it and I feel like I have to eat all of it or people will thing I'm weird.
    I went out with friends at Christmas for a meal and I thought I was going to pass out, my panic attack was SO bad, I just felt like breaking down because the portions were so large...I just wanted to get rid of it all.
    The strange thing is since being at Uni my appetite is one of the two extremes. Right now I'm eating a lot and feeling guilty for it, but then at other times its an effort to have three meals....:confused: I think part of it is to do with eating with people, I feel they are watching me and want me to finish everything on my plate, and because I'm a slow eater I feel that they are pressuring me to hurry...wow all this over food lol.

I do have some lavander oil which smells quite nice I'm also a big fan of chamomile tea!
    Hope the Zopiclone works for you, if not just keep asking your doctor about alternatives until you find what is right for you.
    Thats good that you have handed CVs in, its a positive thing to be active, I had the same feeling when I got a part time job over Christmas, I just couldn't be bothered to go in every day, I was so moody. But it does pay off big time when your purce is looking happy and healthy .

How are you today?

ReputationRep:
    :console: I'm sorry you had a rough night. Don't feel stupid - we all know mixing drinks on new meds/empty stomach is a bad idea but we've all been there... Everyone makes mistakes :hugs: In the second year of uni I got drunk, locked myself in the living room when we got home and was sick on our faux-leather sofa :o: I hope things go alright with your cpn - sucks having to cope with doing things when you're that hungover, but afterwards you can chill out with a film and hangover food maybe?
    It went alright. Just got asked the same old questions, nothing too stressful. And my hangover's mostly gone too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Argh! I feel like I'm at a very uncomfortable place in life. Everyhting is just crumbling around me. I haven't really been enjoying sixth form so far; last year I was Year 12 and struggling with my subjects, especially Chemistry and Biology. I was also feeling crappy all the time but tried not to let that get the best of me, but I think it must have because I ended up with E and U in those subjects. I feel so disappointed in myself and so upset that I can't go to uni this year 2010 because of having to do new A Levels, going from all strong subjects to two strong and two soft. I was so looking forward to uni and having a nice new change, but now I'm finding myself facing a third year at sixth form. Worse thing is I'm so sick of this school I've been at since Year 7, I really don't know why I didn't change for sixth form. I've been feeling really sad and tired most days, it's a struggle to do work most of the time. I only look forward to going on the internet, since that's just an easy activity that requires no effort. It's things that need effort that I struggle with. I was doing driving lessons last year as well, I really wanted to do well but I was so crap that I just decided to abandon them, and haven't driven for sixth months now . Amongst other issues, I just feel so stupid and lazy, I just keep failing pretty much everything at the moment. Sometimes I just feel like ending it all . I've been referred to counselling by my doctor, still waiting for them to get back to me for an appointment. :/ Sorry for the lil rant, just needed to get that out.
    Wow sounds freakishly like my story! I HATED 6th form so much, the people the teachers most of my subjects...I just felt so alone and I'd been at that rotten place for 7 years and regretted not moving. I thought that if I stayed I wouldn't have to make new friends and I could stick with my old ones, but because of my bad moods they soon disappeared. I think thats where my problems began really. I didn't enjoy Chemistry at all but my parents really wanted me to do it so I did. I loved biology but one of my teachers almost caused me to have a mental break down. It was tough. Chem and Bio are not easy subjects but if you enjoy them then at least that is half of the battle won. Have yo uthought about getting extra help for them? Or even doing past papers, that helped me some what. At AS I got an E for Chemistry and even after resits at A2 I got a D. It just isn't my forte but I still go into Uni with it so you shouldn't give up hope.
    As for the counselling I think that it is good to get things off of your chest, especially during A Levels. I had a lot of anger and sorrow building up inside of me and I made the mistake of bottling it up and just moaning with a friend so we just made each other feel worse instead of better as we were both negative.
    Hopefully the counselling willl help you, I've had a few sessions my self and it does help you to regain a sense of control. In fact I'm hoping to get some more sessions ( as Uni only provided 6 for me which wasn't enough to even skim the surface of my problems haha).

Id recommend that you mingle with positive people because if you are only around sad people then it wont help you and you will just sink deeper and deeper, thats what happened to me. Its good to have a balance of happy and not so happy people in your life otherwise you loose sight of the good things life has to offer.

:hugs: don't worry, this page is designed for us to all let off steam.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, thanks for the reply :hugs:. I did drop Chemistry and Biology though, I pretty much wasn't allowed to do them for A2 by my teachers, because of my grades, poor performances and low efforts all year . I'd even been having extra tutoring for Chemistry outside school by a different teacher, but only still managed to scrape an excruciating E . It pretty much stank, cos I used to be in top groups from Year 7 to 11, and even in Primary School, and now it's all gone downhill . I've picked up Media Studies and Textiles instead, though I only later realised they were soft subjects , but I am doing them alongside English Lit and Philosophy so I'm hoping I'll be OK for my uni application next year, for which I am strongly considering English Lit as degree, maybe with a minor subject if I decide. My interests are writing and art anyway, so I'm hoping for a career along those lines. I was annoyed by the extra year I'm having to take, I'm already one of the oldest in my year with an October b'day, so being a first year at very nearly 20 does sound a bit old for me, but then looking at this forum I guess there are quite a few people who start uni late anyway.

Thank you for the good advice Rachel, I will try those tips. By the way, can I just ask, how long did it take for you to get counselling after you asked for it or had been offered? Seriously, I went to my doctor nearly 4 weeks ago, I got a follow up call from a mental health group last week, and a message in the post that they're gonna contact me again for a counselling appointment, but I still don't know when that's gonna happen. Jeez, waiting's a little frustrating at times. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it is my new hair, it looks a lot softer there than it actually is and thank you. :o:

-

So, baaaad day. On the verge of tears all day, then I saw my counsellor. Long story short, they want me to drop out, come back in September but continue to come in because I want to/to keep an eye on me. They're also seeing my parents after school on Friday. My father just came in and mentioned the phone call he got about it today, and I said why only for him to say it was a stupid idea to go into school (even though I'll not be going to lessons) and that I should get a job in that time instead... What the hell? He wanted me to take this time out yesterday and now his suggestion is just the same as me staying in school!

I am worried about the whole UCAS and uni stuff though, as there is still the chance that I may start feeling better in time to take the exams etc... I burst into those horrible tears where you can't stop yourself looking and sounding like a horrible mess... Thing is, I'm so motivated to work now and I got a book out of the library today and have read the quickest I've done in months... I was actually interested in it!

ReputationRep:
    School are kicking me out. Woopie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    School are kicking me out. Woopie.
    :hugs: How come?

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: How come?
    They consider me a 'suicide risk' lol. 2 months left and they're kicking me out now... nice.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.