Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    To be honest, it has taken me ages to get help as well. When I was in Year 10, I quite mildly depressed at times, but it wasn't too bad at all and I could get on with stuff like school and that pretty easily, so I dunno, might have just been a bit of teenage angst. But I could feel it getting much worse throughout Year 12, and now still that I'm in Year 13, so then I knew it must be quite a serious problem. Hopefully things will look up now though. I'm not 100% looking forward to doing Year 14, but then I know a few of my friends are going to do it too, so it doesn't feel too bad, and at least I have longer to pick the right course and uni. And by then I'll only be doing two subjects, so it would be easier to concentrate on them. Thanks a lot for your kind words, it's nice of you :jumphug:
    You're welcome :hugs: you do have an advantage of having an extra year to decide, I wish I had more time to make my decission, everything seems so rushed. Don't worry about what others are doing, its all about what is right for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    Just write it as if you're sending it to everyone at the same time and that they already know, it makes life a lot easier. They're unlikely to query anything more as you've given them the info. in the opening sentence.
    thanks. Yeah I think I'll just be vague and tell them to talk to the mental health woman if they want information because I sure as hell aren't going to go into detail.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, I need some help. I'm developing a phobia of sleeping, especially at night (probably as a result of not wanting to face the world/finding it hard to get to sleep). I'm **** tired right now, but I can't bring myself to get into bed and then probably not be able to sleep. Should I just take one of the OTC sleeping pills now and hope that in 20 minutes I'm so tired I have to, or...? I don't know when I'll next see my counsellor (didn't have a chance to bring this up today), so i might see the woman I mentioned tomorrow about it, but I'm obviously worried about sleeping tonight.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, I need some help. I'm developing a phobia of sleeping, especially at night (probably as a result of not wanting to face the world/finding it hard to get to sleep). I'm **** tired right now, but I can't bring myself to get into bed and then probably not be able to sleep. Should I just take one of the OTC sleeping pills now and hope that in 20 minutes I'm so tired I have to, or...? I don't know when I'll next see my counsellor (didn't have a chance to bring this up today), so i might see the woman I mentioned tomorrow about it, but I'm obviously worried about sleeping tonight.
    I'm exactly the same (except now I've got prescription sleeping pills ). The only thing which ever helps me is having a film or the radio on really quiet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    I'm exactly the same (except now I've got prescription sleeping pills ). The only thing which ever helps me is having a film or the radio on really quiet.
    I don't even want to get into bed. This is getting really out of hand now, I'm so tired but I just can't bring myself to try and sleep. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    i dont know what to suggest. try maybe having a hot bath before bed time? to relax and think do something to tire yourself out. sleeping is hard when you're worried etc. i had uni worries the other night despite not even having applied yet. and im on here till 3 am sometimes 4 am on a school day which is horrendous but just drag yourself away from the comp somehow and try to sleep. maybe if you're definitely not going to be able to sleep then the OTC pill might work and help you for tonight at least but you need to control this now otherwise you will develop a phobia of sleeping and it won't get any better tomorrow night and the next, etc. try and sleep and remember sleeping is good a way to rejuvenate etc. i'm not saying it's so bad you're going to sleep late i'm just saying it might get worse if you don't sleep at all! i know exactly how it is though im the same, i never go to sleep early even if it's a school night as i know i'll soon have to face this world. urgh. but you can do it, we're here for you :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    i dont know what to suggest. try maybe having a hot bath before bed time? to relax and think do something to tire yourself out. sleeping is hard when you're worried etc. i had uni worries the other night despite not even having applied yet. and im on here till 3 am sometimes 4 am on a school day which is horrendous but just drag yourself away from the comp somehow and try to sleep. maybe if you're definitely not going to be able to sleep then the OTC pill might work and help you for tonight at least but you need to control this now otherwise you will develop a phobia of sleeping and it won't get any better tomorrow night and the next, etc. try and sleep and remember sleeping is good a way to rejuvenate etc. i'm not saying it's so bad you're going to sleep late i'm just saying it might get worse if you don't sleep at all! i know exactly how it is though im the same, i never go to sleep early even if it's a school night as i know i'll soon have to face this world. urgh. but you can do it, we're here for you :hugs:

Yeah, I don't want this to get worse, one experience of not being able to sleep until 6am was bad enough, I don't want that becoming common because I'm scared of sleeping. Right, I'm going to get into bed now and force myself to try and sleep and not be so freaked out by it (why is it that I get freaked out by perfectly natural things - sleeping, eating, it's so odd). I've just got to force myself to...

ReputationRep:
    Sleeping is nothing to freak out about promise yes you're anxious about tomorrow but you will get through this i know you can which is more than can be said for some!

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    Sleeping is nothing to freak out about promise yes you're anxious about tomorrow but you will get through this i know you can which is more than can be said for some!

x
    I'll worry about tomorrow tomorrow, right now I'm worried about sleeping haha. If you're referring to yourself, you can get through it, it's scary but it gets easier to get through it. :yep: And your school should be starting to be understanding now.

Okay, I'm getting my arse off my chair and trekking all of 2 steps to my bed. Night all, hope you manage to get some decent sleep!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dappleddawndrawndauphin)
    I'm doing English Lit at uni, I did it at A level too though if that's what you want to know about? I'd be more than happy to answer any questions, feel free to PM (Oh and just for the record: best subject ever )

Why won't your college let you go part-time?
    I'm deciding between English Lang/Lit or English Lang, but I'll PM you when I've got a minute, thanks

According to the Head of Humanities my results are too good to take any action (IMHO missing the point completely, I'm not happy there atm and feel that I'm not doing as well as I could if I were better ) so he thinks that I should finish off the year and if I don't do as well as I was hoping, then I'd do resits from September. But I want to change what course I want to do at uni, so I'd be studying part-time in both scenarios. My Politics teacher said she'd have a word with him to try and convince him that I can't cope doing 3 A2s atm, but I have a feeling it's going to drag on. If it does I'll just say I'll either do what I've suggested (finish off 2 A2s this year and finish the 3rd and take up an AS from September) or I'll drop out altogether. That should scare them into action lol :p:

ReputationRep:
    OK, I am about to drop, but can I just ask one thing: why do these zopiclone tablets make me feel so much happier than the fluoxetine does?!

ReputationRep:
    i've got an important exam tomorrow and i've not revised - i'm so going to fail!!!!

ReputationRep:
    im going there now
    it all boils down to the same cause
    i hate myself for ruining my life and i hate me urgh it's so abnormal

ReputationRep:
    i just cant seem to get over the person ive become. i cant get over it. i am in utter turmoil with myself. you have no idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    i just cant seem to get over the person ive become. i cant get over it. i am in utter turmoil with myself. you have no idea.
    you'll be fine malsy Just chill out a bit more

ReputationRep:
    Urgh no

ReputationRep:
    I'm down to a nearly full bottle of port, a bottle of coke, half a cabbage, and some very old feta cheese. Shopping is required but I really really don't want to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I'm down to a nearly full bottle of port, a bottle of coke, half a cabbage, and some very old feta cheese. Shopping is required but I really really don't want to.
    Go to a 24 hour supermarket an 5am. It'll be more or less deserted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Go to a 24 hour supermarket an 5am. It'll be more or less deserted.
    That is a brilliant idea!

Now all I have to do is get out of bed at 5am......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    That is a brilliant idea!

Now all I have to do is get out of bed at 5am......
    ...Or not go to bed til after 5am.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.