Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    just having family over; little things like that get to me as i used to be fun+loving+vibrant and im not any more

it just makes me :sad: + :cry:

just persevere with trying to get better, I'm sure with time and the right help you'll start to feel like your old self again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BruceTaylor)
    :hugs: x2, I know how bad familt can be, trust me. You just need to be strong and remember that you're the better person for being strong and not giving in

thanks its just i want to make them proud of me and i just want to be normal and its just so argh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)

just persevere with trying to get better, I'm sure with time and the right help you'll start to feel like your old self again.

thank you
    it just makes me sad as i wasnt always this way im not some born-freak or something and i was as i said once vibrant and loving and not anymore so thinking back at the past makes me sad
    and i just always think what if

meh yeh in time..hopefully x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    thanks its just i want to make them proud of me and i just want to be normal and its just so argh
    I've given up trying to please my family, I'm my own man now, whether I please them or disgust them, I don't care anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    there isn't anything wrong with you, parents can be surprisingly harsh and somehow feel like they have a right to be. And unless they use the internet in the same way as you they don't really understand it, my mum's the same as your dad, doesn't really understand that you're talking to people you know and care about.
    I'm so sorry that this happened, I say give him a little while and see if he feels any differently, hopefully once he's had some time to reflect he'll realise he was a little out of order.

Thanks for reading and understanding :hugs: i hope things are going better for you

ReputationRep:
    I feel strange for some reason. I am slowly getting better but got a really bad cough. I got a strange raised path on my arm but don't know what has caused it. I feel in a haze at the moment and very uneasy but extremely energetic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twizzle)
    broke down in front of my dad today, tried to explain everything, how unhappy I am, crying, anger, mood swings, etc and he said yeah we've all noticed it, he thinks i'm just being a ***** for no reason and that i'm trying to blame it on depression. I told him i'm seeing a counsellor when i go back uni, he belittled it and laughed at it, and told me to go the doctor (which i will be doing anyway) and get it sorted out, like it was a problem that could just be fixed like that and he was saying that they'res women who have kids and who go from man to man who pop out babies and are able to find happiness in their lives, why can't you, are you a freak? is they're something wrong with you?. you're not normal. all you do is sit in your room all day talking to your friends on the internet. (when in fact i do this to keep in contact with my uni friends over summer, and i see my home friends when they're not working, altho there is only two of them, and i do go the gym and work as well!) He thinks all my problems stem from the fact that i'm "selfish". He keeps saying, maybe you should just get a job then, uni obviously isn't for you if you can't cope, everyone else can. He's kicking me out at the end of summer and has made it known i'm not welcome back again because all we do is argue, hence why i stay in my room away from him, because nothing I ever do is right in his eyes. I finally build up the courage to tell him about my depression and he just laughs at it and makes me cry
    Aw babe, people are often harsh about stuff they don't understand, and judging by your post, your dad doesn't understand depression in the slightest.. :hugs: Once you've been to the doctors, maybe take your dad along one time, so that your doc can explain the stuff that your going through, and how it affects you day to day? I had to do this to get my mother to understand that I wasn't just being a miserable cow..seems parents take it a lot more seriously once a professional has told them whats happening.
    I hope it all goes okay for you, and feel free to PM me if you need to.
    xxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    crying again...grr

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to sleep but I have to. I can't even carry out the basic functions of a human being any more. I know he isn't raping me any more but it still feels like he's taken all control of my life away from me.

ReputationRep:
    i always feel more low at night, weird.

ReputationRep:
    i tend to cry more at night. it's mainly the day that does me in though as..i have no life..so you can imagine its hard..not being able to do things etc at night time at least everyone else isnt doing things...apart from sex lol

ReputationRep:
    at night I just feel more lonely so I tend to put off my sleep as long as I can as I don't have anything urgent the following day etc to go to bed is just a depressing act in itself lol especially if you've nothing the next day, or nothing much going on in your life.

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering if I could join?
    I've had a really bad couple of years..starting college for a new start this year...

ReputationRep:
    bah I think my social anxiety is getting even worse, went out for food today, felt sick all morning got there and had two tiny bites then had to stop for fear of throwing up. Put food in my bag, just reheated it and ate it fine now there's no pressure to eat. It's pathetic.

(Original post by asobi seksu)
    I was wondering if I could join?
    I've had a really bad couple of years..starting college for a new start this year...
    Course, welcome

You want to talk about anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    bah I think my social anxiety is getting even worse, went out for food today, felt sick all morning got there and had two tiny bites then had to stop for fear of throwing up. Put food in my bag, just reheated it and ate it fine now there's no pressure to eat. It's pathetic.

Course, welcome

You want to talk about anything?
    i'm just getting very anxious about college..I'm an aspie so socialsing is a bit of bother for me worried things are'nt going to change but I'm putting a lot on it changing there....

ReputationRep:
    i'm just getting very anxious about college..I'm an aspie so socialsing is a bit of bother for me worried things are'nt going to change but I'm putting a lot on it changing there....
    Try not to focus on feeling anxious about it but see it as a new opportunity. You said you had a rough time for a couple of years so see it as a break from that and really throw yourself in. I know a couple of people with aspergers and they are able to make friends and fit in (sorry if that came out wrong...), you can too but if you go in feeling like you won't it becomes a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy if you get me. Just stay positive, people before college can be total ********s, maybe explains why you had a bad time I don't know, but hopefully they're a bit more mature in college.

sorry that was **** advice. much easier said than done.

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Have you spoken to your college about your worries? They can often do a lot to help students with asperger's when it comes to fitting in to college life. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    It's not pathetic at all! I have this too, I very rarely eat out, and so everyone thinks i'm anorexic now :rolleyes:

I'm same as you, I can eat fine when I'm at home by myself, but take me to a restaurant and there's no way I'm putting anything in my mouth. Fear of throwing up is huge and horrid. Possibly the worst thing ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathan122)
    Hi

Have you spoken to your college about your worries? They can often do a lot to help students with asperger's when it comes to fitting in to college life. :hugs:
    I have...Its just getting me very worked up as I'm trying to learn the tiny amount of social skills I had before all my problems occured...
    It feels like my last chance and I don't want it to be a self fulfilling prophecy...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuicidalLemming)
    It's not pathetic at all! I have this too, I very rarely eat out, and so everyone thinks i'm anorexic now :rolleyes:

I'm same as you, I can eat fine when I'm at home by myself, but take me to a restaurant and there's no way I'm putting anything in my mouth. Fear of throwing up is huge and horrid. Possibly the worst thing ever.
    It's nice to know I'm not alone. Sorry you have it too though

I don't even know what I'm scared of I think I'm scared of feeling sick and so somehow, bizarrely, my body reacts by making me feel really sick.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.